NFL network predicts Cowboys at 5 and 7 wins

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't say they're wrong. Just do not know where this team is at offensively.

I've got some confidence in the defense.

The passing offense is a big ? for me.

Until we see this offense operating for a few games we just do not how efficient the passing offense will be.

The efficiency of the passing offense is going to determine the success of the Cowboy season. If it's like the first half of '17 some good things could happen. If it's like the last half then 5-7 wins could happen.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's just noise from those on the outside that can't see the heart of a champion that we have been molding this offseason. The Cowboys have shown near nothing in the preseason games so the outside doesn't see, this is our moment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just saws analysts make those predictions, giving them less wins than the Saints, Rams, Bears and 49ers. Gotta say, the boys always seem to perform better during a season when the expectations are low, so I’m not mad about it.

A lot of people think the defense will be same old same ole.

They may be right and if it is we will be bad.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I can't say they're wrong. Just do not know where this team is at offensively.

I've got some confidence in the defense.

The passing offense is a big ? for me.

Until we see this offense operating for a few games we just do not how efficient the passing offense will be.

The efficiency of the passing offense is going to determine the success of the Cowboy season. If it's like the first half of '17 some good things could happen. If it's like the last half then 5-7 wins could happen.
I do agree. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for 5-7 wins with the unknowns going into this season. Although I do think the defense has improved greatly, the offense has a lot of question marks. But they always seem to underperform when expectations are high and overperform when they’re low, so I’m hoping this trend continues.

Techsass

Reaction score
All because of receivers? People really overvalue that position.
Maybe, but that's the big ? for a lot of us. After so many years of relying on our O to be above average to down right good, it's a bit unsettling.

As for the yahoos on the NFLN, don't they know this is an even year??? (2014, 2016...2018) That's the stat they're overlooking.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All because of receivers? People really overvalue that position.

Part of it is Dak.

If it's the 12 for 20 with 160 yards passing with one TD and one pick that we had over the last half of '17 then things will probably be bleak.

If it's the 18 for 25 with 225 yards passing with two TD and zero picks like we had over the first half of '17 (and during his rookie season) then I feel good about this team.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do agree. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for 5-7 wins with the unknowns going into this season. Although I do think the defense has improved greatly, the offense has a lot of question marks. But they always seem to underperform when expectations are high and overperform when they’re low, so I’m hoping this trend continues.

For the first time in several years I'm not thinking that the defense will be a weakness.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everyone has got there opinions theirs are no better then yours or mine they just have a larger platform to broadcast theirs !

Its more than that actually. These guys are hired for their opinions and study this stuff. They are supposed to know more. However, I find that I often know much better than these types when it come to the Cowboys. The problem for most Cowboys fans is they are typically biased when it comes to the team. Like Jerry does, he over rates his own players.

5-11 is just stupid. Unless of course we get any more big injuries or suspensions. But...…….we are one big injury away from that possibility.