NFL Network reports that the Cowboys will work on signing their own FAs

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Roger is there not a loop hole to force old jerrah to sell the team to the Amazon owner? Do one good deed before leaving office.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am waiting and seeing but anyone who has paid attention to the Cowboys the last two decades should have some level of skepticism here.
Anyone that has paid attention to the Cowboys the last two decades would know Kellen Moore's football acuity has been given little opportunity in that time. If you have skepticism it's not because of Kellen Moore. Given the opportunity his football smarts will be an asset to this team.

LittleD

Reaction score
Calm down and chill. The Cowboys plan in FA is working to perfection. Stephen is on vacation until McClay rustles up
some couch potatoes to sign in a week or two. I think if DLaw does not sign before the draft...Dallas will sign and trade him
for picks on the 1st day. Jerry the old Fox is working everything out perfectly.

Verdict

Reaction score
What dynamics? There is no pressing reason the Cowboys have to get his deal done before Wednesday at 3:00 central. They can't reuse that tag again this season. If they thought like you they would know that Lawrence would have the total upper hand, as it is, the Cowboys have until July to work out a long term deal. If they don't then Lawrence can either play on that tag again or do what Bell did and sit out but that will come at a price. First he'll never recoup the money he would lose for sitting out. Second, he will be branding himself as a me first and only type player and most GM's avoid them because they become problems in the locker room. Third, this season won't count as an accrued season. Fourth, what he made last season on the tag and if he plays this season on the tag will have made him enough money to take care of himself and family for the rest of his life. Now most especially the Cowboys would prefer a long term deal and I think they will end up making one, but there zero reasons they have to get it done before Wednesday.

Right. Like a I said, you are not understanding the dynamics.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I was just watching NFL Network, they are reporting that the Cowboys have 5 guys they plan on re-signing.

1 .Dak Prescott
2. Zeke Elliott
3 Amari Cooper
4. D_Law
5. Byron Jones

They do not plan on being active in FA and if Earl Thomas does not come down from the $14 per year he wants, he wont ever be a Cowboy.
This has got to be disappointing for Jane Slater.

She is stuck with reporting on Dallas at NFL Network and is not going to get much facetime.

Got to be a big disappointment.

AND if she thinks it's bad now..

wait till Draft Day.

With no pick in the 1st..

she is going nowhere fast.

:laugh:

Beaker42

Reaction score
So in other words............ same team as 2018 with a couple of mid round draft picks sprinkled in.

Sounds like a recipe for a SB run.
We like our guys - even if they suck. Last part’s my idea and I’m going to TM it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
This has got to be disappointing for Jane Slater.

She is stuck with reporting on Dallas at NFL Network and is not going to get much facetime.

Got to be a big disappointment.

AND if she thinks it's bad now..

wait till Draft Day.

With no pick in the 1st..

she is going nowhere fast.

:laugh:
Disappointing to her? What about to me??? :angry:

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Tell me what previous OC experience Moore has at any level of football?

Not only that how many games has he actually started at QB in the NFL?

He may in time turn out to be a great OC, hell even a great HC in the fullness of time, but next year with NO experience?

Ability can only compensate to a certain degree for a lack of experience, especially at the very highest level.

Don't be disappointed if the results are less than stellar next year.
Every new OC has no experience,

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I may be wrong but the price of the tag gets added to the cap once applied. That means getting a deal done before free agency officially begins and contracts can be signed would lower his cap number and give us back some cap space. That's a pretty good reason to get a deal done.

First it doesn't go against the cap until the player signs it and Lawrence ahsn't signed it yet. Second, if the Cowboys and Lawrence get a deal done say in May or June, that tag amount comes off the books and is replaced with whatever the new contract is for. As I said there is zero need to have to have Lawrence signed by tomorrow.