NFL owners to vote on flex scheduling for Thursday Night Football

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but doesn't Amazon have the Thursday night contract for the next several years
Don’t know how long the contract is but they’re on Amazon. They re-broadcast the games on NFL Network about an hour or so after the game ends. I only watched a few of them including the Cowboys against Tennessee.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why didn't they do this crud when I lived in San Diego
Because it stinks in Virginia
What's the over on night games this year 7?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the TNF games. It is another night of football. Much better than other crap on TV.

I do not like the idea of flexing the games though. This is purely for ratings, and does not consider the fans and plans to attend games, especially if an away game.
Some fans plan vacations to attend games. And now they can't when the flex schedule kicks in.
It will force more home town fans to attend though. Jerry may be behind this, so Dallas fans won't resale tickets to possible opposing fans. :muttley:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I like the TNF games. It is another night of football. Much better than other crap on TV.

I do not like the idea of flexing the games though. This is purely for ratings, and does not consider the fans and plans to attend games, especially if an away game.
Some fans plan vacations to attend games. And now they can't when the flex schedule kicks in.
It will force more home town fans to attend though. Jerry may be behind this, so Dallas fans won't resale tickets to possible opposing fans. :muttley:
This is key . . . The Fans

JayFord

Reaction score
well they have to give 15 days notice thats fair plus they need these thursday games at the end of the year to mean something or else itll be two 5-9 teams playing each other in a snoozer

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only flex they should do, is flex those games to Friday!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I actually don't hate it from a player standpoint. If I'm a player I actually like the Thursday games teams typically give guys an extra day off during the "mini bye".

Where I really hate it is from the fans standpoint. It's one thing to move a game from a mid day spot to a sunday night spot, although even that isn't ideal. If I buy tickets in advance though and now all of a sudden I have to completely change the day and probably take a day off work to accommodate a Thursday game I would be pretty disappointed.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Don’t know how long the contract is but they’re on Amazon. They re-broadcast the games on NFL Network about an hour or so after the game ends. I only watched a few of them including the Cowboys against Tennessee.
I don't have Amazon. I watch the games that I care about on the NFL Network. Unless the Cowboys play I really don't care that much.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why can't we have a game every night? lol, more money for the owners. Heck go to a 30-game season, and let them have one month off.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The solution to Thursday night games being awful, is to just get rid of it altogether.

I hate it, and am willing to bet most NFL fans don't really care for it either.