News: NFL Players Tribune | A Letter to the Game "I f***ed up. I’m not here to sugarcoat anything." Calvin Ridley

Qcard

Reaction score
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/calvin-ridley-nfl-football-jacksonville-jaguars

To the football world, and everyone who loves this game:

I f***ed up. I’m not here to sugarcoat anything. In 2021, I made the worst mistake of my life by gambling on football.

I paid the price, believe me. I’ve seen all the jokes. I’ve seen all the hate. And I can shoulder all of that, no problem. All I want is for people to understand that, when I made those bets, there was a hell of a lot more going on with me........

After the game, I drove home with my wife and daughter, and I saw the whole neighborhood lined up right outside our house. Our front door was kicked in. Police cars everywhere. Our house had been robbed while we were at the game. At first, me and my wife were pretty calm about everything. They took a bunch of jewelry and stuff, but nothing we couldn’t replace. But then we watched the security footage, and we saw about five or six guys come in with guns drawn. If you have a child, that’s your worst nightmare. My wife was traumatized. She couldn’t sleep at night. She couldn’t stand me being out of the house.