NFL QBs We're Curious/Excited to See in 2021

DFWJC

Reaction score
This season has some intriguing QB storylines for several reasons.
  • First season back after no reduced offseason (Covid)
  • New Starters--due to new teams or the draft
  • 2nd Year QB who finally have an offseason

Who are a few QBs that you're excited about seeing this year?

( I guess this could be in the Fan Zone, as I'm sure Dak will be on several short-lists)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak's an obvious choice coming back from injury onto a team absolutely loaded with weapons and a healthier line.

Curious about Winston in New Orleans

Excited about Stafford in LA

agree?

others?

Pape

Reaction score
Obviously the one correct answer is

JKL6Eoj.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
All the rooks. It's always fascinating to me, after all our discussions and beliefs are aired, to see which ones pan out. QB is by far(leaps and bounds) the hardest position to project from college to the pros.

Agree, Stafford in LA is the biggest interest story. Is he truly much better than perceived due to being in DET? I definitely think so. Barring injuries, we're fixing to find out!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Wentz in INDY is a fascinating story.

I don't think Tua will ever be more than just OK, so that story fascinates me also.

Pape

Reaction score
Wentz in INDY is a fascinating story.

I don't think Tua will ever be more than just OK, so that story fascinates me also.

those quotes from Tua this past week , that he didn't know the playbook last year... makes me wonder about him as a player...

I am morbidly curious to see how Jared Goff will implode in Detroit this coming year, not that he doesn't have sean mcvay whispering in his ear... can anthony lynn help him, or is he going to revert to the 0-7, 54% passer he flashed in his rookie season

DFWJC

Reaction score
Curious about Lawrence, but his situation doesn't look too promising early on in Jax

Burrow with a full offseason and coming back from injury might be fun.

Yes, Wentz too. Being back with his old coach and comfort zone in Indy.

Will Herbert continue his climb for the Chargers?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
QB is by far(leaps and bounds) the hardest position to project from college to the pros.

For me I think that’s actually cornerback. How many of the best corners of the last 20 years were top 15 picks? Mahomes was, Rothlisberger was, Peyton, Rivers, Eli, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Luck, Wentz, Newton, Cutler, Herbert, Watson. Now obviously there are exceptions... Dak, Brady Romo. But how many of the best corners of the last 20 years were taken that high? Not Asomugha. Not Sherman. Not Josh Norman or Aqib Talib or Marcus Peters or Asante Samuel or Brandon Flowers or Brandon Browner or Antoine Winfield or Ronde Barber, etc...

There are a few that were, Jaelen Ramsey of course, and Revis just made it in at pick 14. But top CB prospects seem to bust in droves every year, and it ends up being third and fifth round picks that conquer the mountain. And then there’s the acumen of the position, the NFL adjustment. corner seems to be by far the most difficult position to excel in year 1, as we’ve had something like 4 rookie pro bowl corners since 2003. On the flip side, 2012 alone had 3 rookie pro bowl QBs.

And think about the turnover of the position. Philly seems to have a whole new CB room every other year. When was the last time Dallas signed a CB they drafted to a big second contract to continue being the starter? Whereas guys like Awuzie and Claiborne get drafted to be the guy and while they may have played well enough to maintain , they then get cycled out just the same. It’s a very violation position.

kskboys

Reaction score
For me I think that’s actually cornerback. How many of the best corners of the last 20 years were top 15 picks? Mahomes was, Rothlisberger was, Peyton, Rivers, Eli, Stafford, Ryan, Flacco, Luck, Wentz, Newton, Cutler, Herbert, Watson. Now obviously there are exceptions... Dak, Brady Romo. But how many of the best corners of the last 20 years were taken that high? Not Asomugha. Not Sherman. Not Josh Norman or Aqib Talib or Marcus Peters or Asante Samuel or Brandon Flowers or Brandon Browner or Antoine Winfield or Ronde Barber, etc...

There are a few that were, Jaelen Ramsey of course, and Revis just made it in at pick 14. But top CB prospects seem to bust in droves every year, and it ends up being third and fifth round picks that conquer the mountain. And then there’s the acumen of the position, the NFL adjustment. corner seems to be by far the most difficult position to excel in year 1, as we’ve had something like 4 rookie pro bowl corners since 2003. On the flip side, 2012 alone had 3 rookie pro bowl QBs.

And think about the turnover of the position. Philly seems to have a whole new CB room every other year. When was the last time Dallas signed a CB they drafted to a big second contract to continue being the starter? Whereas guys like Awuzie and Claiborne get drafted to be the guy and while they may have played well enough to maintain , they then get cycled out just the same. It’s a very violation position.
Nah, it's QB. I think DT is tougher than CB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Out of the somewhat established QBs I'm curious to see how Goff, Wentz, Stafford, Darnold, Winston and Daniel Jones pan out.

Jones is playing for an extension this upcoming year. 2021 will determine whether or not they pick up his 5th year and he gets a second contract, or goes the route of Sam Darnold.

Winston and Darnold. I'm interested in seeing how these two do in a change of scenery. Will Winston be as reckless? Is Darnold that bad? I'm leaning towards the Jets being that bad.

That's off the top of my head. I probably missed a few.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm only interested in Dak.
I have no rooting interest in any of the others.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm only interested in Dak.
I have no rooting interest in any of the others.
No rooting interest required.

Just for football fans curious about how things will go with other QBs around the league.

And for those that only watch Cowboy games, there's still an interest in NFC QBs--especially opponents.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This season has some intriguing QB storylines for several reasons.
  • First season back after no reduced offseason (Covid)
  • New Starters--due to new teams or the draft
  • 2nd Year QB who finally have an offseason

Who are a few QBs that you're excited about seeing this year?

( I guess this could be in the Fan Zone, as I'm sure Dak will be on several short-lists)
Good storyline