NFL quarterback controversies

Pape

Reaction score
That was a case where none of the answers at QB were good.

Grogan played like 10 years past the point where he was cooked, his last full good season was 1979 and he somehow still started games in 1990.

Tony Eason was soft to the point where his own offensive line wanted him to die. HOF OL John Hannah literally threatened to quit playing during the Super Bowl (!!!) if Eason wasn't benched after the first couple drives. By 1987 he was toast.

Flutie threw more picks than touchdowns in New England, averaged 85 yards a game and had a 61 passer rating. Even for the 1980s that was incredibly bad.

we in new england lived it... Grogan was loved, eason was despised because he wasnt grogan... no matter how old Grogs was, people didnt care...

hannah was special.. that guy is the greatest Patriot not named Tom Brady, probably the best offensive linemen in the league ever (yes, people will disagree... and yes, they are wrong) ... Hannah was brutal on other guys, and lol, he basically ran ron meyer out of NE in 84... lol, good stuffs

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
hannah was special.. that guy is the greatest Patriot not named Tom Brady, probably the best offensive linemen in the league ever (yes, people will disagree... and yes, they are wrong) ... Hannah was brutal on other guys, and lol, he basically ran ron meyer out of NE in 84... lol, good stuffs
Larry Allen might disagree

Pape

Reaction score
Larry Allen might disagree
larry allen was a pretty good player in his own right, and i commend him on his well earned, much deserved, hall of fame credentials.

However, I for one shall be sticking to my own personal biases in this case. Larry dominated his position by being bigger and stronger than the guys he faced. Hannah dominated his position by being better, not all that much bigger or stronger, than the guys he faced.

GenoT

Reaction score
Geno, you're old enough to have seen it. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't Landry actually
rotate them every play in one game? I think, after that game, both QBs went to him and
demanded he pick one guy.

Yep...it was during a loss to the Bears. And I believe(?) there was a meeting between Landry and the QBs, but I don’t think it became public knowledge until after the season (TL tended to keep things like private meetings “in house”).

After that game, he went with Roger.