NFL ranks Dak 16 out of 32 QBs

HungryLion

Reaction score
The article on NFL ranks Dak at exactly #16

Some of you want to pay the 16th ranked QB 40 million dollars a year crippling this teams chances of doing anything meaningful for atleast 4 more years

please explain....

Oh I went to the NFL article in question. That the OP seriously misquoted.

The ranking was for the QB’s 2020 season. In which Dak only played 4.5 games.

not the QB’s overall ranking amongst starting QB

So even the article itself doesn’t say Dak is the 16th best QB in the league. Which the OP neglected to mention or just flat out chose not to.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

So even the article itself doesn’t say Dak is the 16th best QB in the league. Which the OP neglected to mention or just flat out chose not to.
Oh you mean someone in the anti-Dak crowd either didn't read or doesn't know how?

Color me shocked.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Some of you want to pay the 16th ranked QB 40 million dollars a year crippling this teams chances of doing anything meaningful for atleast 4 more years

please explain....
Because his contract has expired and the team can't get their hands on one of the top 15.

If its about not paying elite money to a non elite QB, I'm sure Jerry has mentioned that to France.

And here we are....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I love me a good dak debate thread, but the OP clearly had an agenda here and left out a link plus any context to fit that agenda. For that mobinvans should be publicly shamed, and I can’t support this post.

On the other hand I’m pretty excited to see where this thread goes.

CWR

Reaction score
16? Wow that's a stretch. Do YOU personally have 15 qbs you can honestly put in front of him?

I've got:
Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Allen
Dak
Herbert
Watson
Murray
Jackson
Stafford
Car
Ryan
Goff
Tanny

Off the top of my head I've got him conservatively 6-10. Thats not a Dak fan boy ranking or a hater. Many of those are interchangeable. In any event Dak is probably 5-8.

Yes I'd pay him, because he seems to improve each year and I dont believe he's the type that will get paid and get lazy. Also because drafting a QB is a crap shoot and we have a ton of offensive talent. Imagine a world where we had a decent defense. With the current structure of the league most QBs are in the AFC now. This is the perfect time to make a run in the NFC.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

please explain....

I guess some of us feel he is better than some website that ranks him 16th.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Well, first, I'm taking Mahomes out of any of those QB's. I know he's at 3, but I'd put it on him to get me six.

Second, look at any of those guys in front of that are actually young (Allen, Watson, Herbert, etc.) and tell me if you think any of them are on their way to a $40M+ payday. You know they are.

Would anyone here not trade Dalton for someone like Tua or even Wentz that rank lower than them? You absolutely know you would (provided Eagles pay Wentz like 90% of his salary).

CWR

Reaction score

Seriously @Mobinvans ? Cmon man thats awful.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Dak is more like #12 than in the top 5-10 but that's just me. I don't doubt that everyone has their own, individual, concept of what his ranking is or should be. It seems fairly obvious to me that the Dallas FO agrees with that assessment, judging by their reluctance to offer Dak a so-called "elite" contract offer. The latest word is out that they're continuing their tough stance. Another prolonged negotiation seems likely.

Whether they "cave" in the future or insist upon continuing their reluctance to grant an elite contract remains to be seen. I'm expecting they'll go with the franchise tag once again. Perhaps Dak's injury situation is, at least, partly responsible for the NFL's rating. Whatever occurs, I'm hoping Dak sees fit to agree to something similar to what was in the works at the end of 2020. Eventually, we'll see about that, no doubt.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
16? Wow that's a stretch. Do YOU personally have 15 qbs you can honestly put in front of him?

I've got:
Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Allen
Dak
Herbert
Watson
Murray
Jackson
Stafford
Car
Ryan
Goff
Tanny

Off the top of my head I've got him conservatively 6-10. Thats not a Dak fan boy ranking or a hater. Many of those are interchangeable. In any event Dak is probably 5-8.

Yes I'd pay him, because he seems to improve each year and I dont believe he's the type that will get paid and get lazy. Also because drafting a QB is a crap shoot and we have a ton of offensive talent. Imagine a world where we had a decent defense. With the current structure of the league most QBs are in the AFC now. This is the perfect time to make a run in the NFC.

Mahomes
Rodgers
Brady
... only 3 I’m 100% certain

Wilson
Allen
Watson
Jackson
... depending on the day

That’s 7 on a bad day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

That makes sense. Based on his play, Dak is easily top 10. Beyond that, I don't try to rate the QBs because everyone has their preferences.