NFL ranks Dak 16 out of 32 QBs

basel90

Reaction score
Wins and losses are a team statistic, but just for fun, do all the QBs in the NFL.
Show me the games where he saved the team , or made a difference. Usually he plays bad in the first half , the defense gets tired and the team gets behind , then the coach has to order passing plays to catch up , and the stats go up , but a loss results , and the defense and coaches get all the blame . It is a cycle . Look at how Brady makes everyone around him better . Wilson has it . Watson , Mayfield , Allen have it . Some QBs have it . Some don’t .

basel90

Reaction score
like I said. I like Allen. I liked him in the 4 QBs that went top 10 that year. he was a pure boom or bust pick, but had the absolute highest ceiling between the 4.

I am not a fan of murray. he is Lamar Jr. he has so far had a 5 win and 8 win season. he is not impressive to me.

Mayfield still can't read defenses. last two years he was very bad and he contributed heavily to his teams woes.....

Dak has improved every year, he got some weapons and he has produced. he raises his game when its on the line and just elevates himself and the team.....were as Dalton for example folds. mayfield is hit and miss and inconsistent. Mayfield is not a better passer. his career completion percentage is 62 and last year he was at 59. that's dismal....and he is not a passer....he had 3800 yards passing this year. they were 3rd in rushing with over 2300 yards....that's impressive. they were a run first team.

Watson is not necessarily better over all. he has less passing yards. he has had two 4 win seasons and 1-2 in the playoffs with one loss 21-7......same measures you use to measure Dak, you can measure watson and see how much less he has produced.
Many teams would take Watson over Dak in a second . Same would for stafford .
Disagree on Dak being a better passer than mayfield . Dak is actually not a good pocket passer . He always takes snaps from the shotgun and does not score any defense . The reason Dak has slightly better stats than baker is due to the best OL WR RB combo he operated behind the last 5 years . And baker has as many playoff wins as Dak ! Baker has transformed the browns . Dak has done nothing but regress . Don’t forget how Jerry had to bail him out after he was exposed in the 2018 season ( remember the Tennesse debacle game at home when Dak was boooed ??). Jerry had to spend a first rounder to get him a star WR . And then had to spend crazy money to keep zeke . These are facts . Yet still Dak failed against so many bearable teams . Remember the eagles game the year before ? Dak could not score one measly TD to go to the playoffs . Plus , why do you call a 1-4 start last season an improvement ?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Many teams would take Watson over Dak in a second . Same would for stafford .
Disagree on Dak being a better passer than mayfield . Dak is actually not a good pocket passer . He always takes snaps from the shotgun and does not score any defense . The reason Dak has slightly better stats than baker is due to the best OL WR RB combo he operated behind the last 5 years . And baker has as many playoff wins as Dak ! Baker has transformed the browns . Dak has done nothing but regress . Don’t forget how Jerry had to bail him out after he was exposed in the 2018 season ( remember the Tennesse debacle game at home when Dak was boooed ??). Jerry had to spend a first rounder to get him a star WR . And then had to spend crazy money to keep zeke . These are facts . Yet still Dak failed against so many bearable teams . Remember the eagles game the year before ? Dak could not score one measly TD to go to the playoffs . Plus , why do you call a 1-4 start last season an improvement ?
and many would take dak over watson, in half a second...and those who take stafford are plain stupid. sorry, I can't help stupid people.

mayfield sucks. he is not a good passer. no denying or spinning that one. last year he had a 59% completion rate.

there are a lot of QBs that take more snaps from the shotgun, including brees!! Herbert!, Allen!!!

and you want to now tout that Dak has had better supporting cast, where cooper got here in 2018 and Gallup was a rookie. prior to that he had williams and one footed and often injured Dez and old man witten, so stop making revisionist history. the facts are since we brought in cooper, Dak led the top offense in the league, or at least top passing offense.

Mayfield played with Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Kareem Hunt, nick Chubbs, Austin Hooper and he still only managed 3800 yards passing.

and I find it funny that you think Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson are the good WRs and complain about getting cooper. and I have always said, what can you do when you are given the resources, well, after we got cooper, dallas went 7-1 and produced the #1 offense in the league.....tell me how baker and your watson would do with Hurns and Thompson? be serious.

and the boos were not for Dak, but our wonderful, super innovative, surprise of an OC Mr. wonderful himself, Scott Linehan,
here was his strategy, run on first, if its 2nd and 6+ pass, if its 2nd and 5 run, pass (curl routes about 10 yards deep most of the time) on third down unless its less than a yard.....the announcers were making fun of Linehan play calling. or did you forget Cooper said e_ff this and ran his own route with Dak and we beat the eagles.....come on dude...

Jerry spending crazy money to keep fat buttt zeke is jerry problem.

these are Facts.... what you presented is called alternative facts (in other words a nice try as a spin).

basel90

Reaction score
If Dak is so good why did he fail to win against many good and bad teams when the cowboys defense showed up . Remember the jets game ? Remember the eagles game in the finale . These are terrible teams and defenses , and Dak could not do it . And last season , he started 1-4 and it should have been 0-5 . talking about baker , he lost Beckham and was a series and one bad call-receive fumble on the goal line away from going to the CCG . He plays at a run first team which explains the yard difference. But he is a much better pocket passer . And he beat Dak head to head in dallas a few months ago if you recall . And baker never had the OL Dak had nor is the Cleveland defense any good .
Watson is a superior athlete and passer , and played on a terribly managed team as well . Watson numbers are up there.
Look , Dak had 5 years and failed and this is why no one is offering him 35 or 40 mil last year or this year yet . If he had better offers last year , why did he sign the tag for 31.4 mil ? Something for you to ponder .

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dak is top 10 now with the recent retirements. No idea how people say hes average or below. That's bs imo. At the same time even healthy hes worth 35 per tops. With the injury it's even less. Tag to see if he's the same or tag to trade.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Show me the games where he saved the team , or made a difference. Usually he plays bad in the first half , the defense gets tired and the team gets behind , then the coach has to order passing plays to catch up , and the stats go up , but a loss results , and the defense and coaches get all the blame . It is a cycle . Look at how Brady makes everyone around him better . Wilson has it . Watson , Mayfield , Allen have it . Some QBs have it . Some don’t .
This is just a lazy response. You've covered all of the Prescott hating talking points demanding to see evidence but providing nothing of your own. You couldn't possibly be more cliché.
"Carry's the team"
"Makes everyone better"
What's next?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I stopped reading this article when I saw Ben DiNucci ranked 59th that is crazy!!!!

basel90

Reaction score
This is just a lazy response. You've covered all of the Prescott hating talking points demanding to see evidence but providing nothing of your own. You couldn't possibly be more cliché.
"Carry's the team"
"Makes everyone better"
What's next?
What have you offered ?
Any reasons Dak could not beat even the lowly teams in 2019 when the OL RB WR core was intact . You want examples ? Jets , bears , and the finale game against the eagles when he could not even throw 1 touchdown. And don’t tell me the reason was the cowboys defense . During these games the defense heir and the offense under Dak failed . I can give you more examples from 2018 . And let’s not forget last season 1-4 start under Dak . But again , all the blame is on the coach , or the new QB , etc etc . It is never Dak !

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What have you offered ?
Any reasons Dak could not beat even the lowly teams in 2019 when the OL RB WR core was intact . You want examples ? Jets , bears , and the finale game against the eagles when he could not even throw 1 touchdown. And don’t tell me the reason was the cowboys defense . During these games the defense heir and the offense under Dak failed . I can give you more examples from 2018 . And let’s not forget last season 1-4 start under Dak . But again , all the blame is on the coach , or the new QB , etc etc . It is never Dak !
I offered my perspective on you suggesting that one player is credited for wins and losses.
I'll repeat:
"Wins and losses are a team statistic, but just for fun, do all the QBs in the NFL."

Read it again if it doesn't quite stick.

basel90

Reaction score
I offered my perspective on you suggesting that one player is credited for wins and losses.
I'll repeat:
"Wins and losses are a team statistic, but just for fun, do all the QBs in the NFL."

Read it again if it doesn't quite stick.
it is a gray and very general statement and perspective . You have not answered the questions and examples i posed either. But i know why . You want to deflect blame away from dak . Typical.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
it is a gray and very general statement and perspective . You have not answered the questions and examples i posed either. But i know why . You want to deflect blame away from dak . Typical.
You can't read. Name me one time during this conversation where I placed blame on anyone. You're in La La land, making things up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The article on NFL ranks Dak at exactly #16

Some of you want to pay the 16th ranked QB 40 million dollars a year crippling this teams chances of doing anything meaningful for atleast 4 more years

please explain....

Someone should explain to you how to link an article, but I digress.

Don't know who this mysterious "NFL" is that puts Dak at 16 but the Harvard-educated, former NFL CB, and President of the NFLPA has a much different view.

To be clear, I'm not advocating Jerry pay Dak $40 million. Booger & Son couldn't build a winner when he was cheap - they sure aren't doing it when he's expensive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The article on NFL ranks Dak at exactly #16

Some of you want to pay the 16th ranked QB 40 million dollars a year crippling this teams chances of doing anything meaningful for atleast 4 more years

please explain....
What article? The one you just told us exists but you didn't post a link to?

Who is "NFL"? Who wrote the article? What was the criteria? Was it a ranking of the 2020 season where Dak was out 11 games?

You really didn't post anything substantive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HATERS!!!! :muttley:
Someone found the article that the OP conspicuously chose not to specify or provide a link to, and it was a ranking of 2020 where Dak missed 11 full games and part of a12th game …. yet he was still ranked 16th for the year.

But hey, taking things out of context and misrepresenting them isn't uncommon for you. It's not about the facts, it's about the narrative, right?.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What article? The one you just told us exists but you didn't post a link to?

Who is "NFL"? Who wrote the article? What was the criteria? Was it a ranking of the 2020 season where Dak was out 11 games?

You really didn't post anything substantive.

Have you been on this site long? "Substantive?" LOL! Knee-jerk screaming fits is more the norm here.. You'll get used to it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you been on this site long? "Substantive?" LOL! Knee-jerk screaming fits is more the norm here.. You'll get used to it.
I've got about 19,000 more posts than you - I've been here. lol

Oh, I know "substantive" commentary is sometimes hard to come by around here, especially with certain posters, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't point it out when a post is lacking in substance.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I've got about 19,000 more posts than you - I've been here. lol

Oh, I know "substantive" commentary is sometimes hard to come by around here, especially with certain posters, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't point it out when a post is lacking in substance.

LOL! I didn't even notice your post count.. Though to be fair I have been registered here much longer than I've been posting as I used to do my posting on the Cowboys hosted site until Goodell made them shut it down. Until that time I was only an occasional visitor here. But yeah I agree calling on some of the BS here is totally warranted.. though I'm sure you've noticed that it does nothing to slow them down from doing it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL! I didn't even notice your post count.. Though to be fair I have been registered here much longer than I've been posting as I used to do my posting on the Cowboys hosted site until Goodell made them shut it down. Until that time I was only an occasional visitor here. But yeah I agree calling on some of the BS here is totally warranted.. though I'm sure you've noticed that it does nothing to slow them down from doing it.
Yep unfortunately it doesn't do much good with them. I guess the hope is that by calling them out other posters reading the thread might get some facts rather than assuming the distortions and false claims these guys make are accurate.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What have you offered ?
so all the wins and losses fall on the QB and QB only? nobody else bares any responsibility?

you need to come out and just say that and then we can have a conversation, else you are just spinning nonsense.