NFL Rumors: Here’s What’s Stalling Potential Earl Thomas-Cowboys Trade

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Tell them to pound sand at a 1st and 3rd. And they can stuff their 2nd rounder too.

They are in a pinch if they truly want to dump him.
Exactly! Why does it seem like we take it up the tailpipe on things like this? I still think it’s a bad day if we give up anything 1st and 2nd round for a dude staring down 30 years of age and beginning his twilight years of a football career.

No damn thanks!

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
3rd rounder is fine. The likelihood of finding a player in the 3rd round that could make the same impact as Thomas is very low. For those pointing to him getting too old, great safeties often remain productive into atleast their early 30s. Though not guaranteed I would guess he can have 4 very good seasons ahead of him. Worth a 3rd round pick. 1st round pick is out of the question.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I wish they would just wait until next year and stick it to the Hawks and it would also hurt ETs market a little being 30 years old, but we won't. The same front office that has been making bad moves since the early 90s will once again over pay and it will probably be a 2nd rounder and maybe more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Please, no. Not even at a 2nd rounder. He's 29 in 3 weeks, and he's already played for 8 years so he has a lot of mileage. Dallas would be doing Seattle a favor because he's a free agent next year.
THANK YOU,spot on

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I have never been that big on this ET trade he is to close to 30. Then you have to pay a 30 year old. If I wanted to trade for a safety I’d rather trade up for Fitzpatrick or James they are young and I don’t have to pay a lot for them. Since the Seahawks will get a 3rd in comp pick if he walks doubt they will take less.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I highly recommend the following, regarding E.T. Seek out Jerry Jones and find out exactly what he would give for E.T. Ask Jerry to detail exactly how he would handle this opportunity? In other words, how would Jerry handle the value of a trade. My recommendation, based on recent history, is to do the polar opposite of what Jerry would do.

cern

Reaction score
He's been injured a lot lately. A harbinger of things to come. Smart team's learning to move on from aging, over priced vets. We need to be as smart.

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO 2ND ROUND PICK. If we must..MAYBE a 3rd.. but no player included. These draft picks are currency...like Gold. If you use them in a player trade,you better be damn well sure of said player your trading for. You can't reverse a bad trade.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love all of the " don't give them that, I'd give them this" comments coming out. Guess what, no one has ANY SAY in this. Cowboys will either do it, and they'll do it for whatever they feel is best. Personally, I say trade the 2nd, 3rd or whatever it'll cost. Not my money, not my draft picks, and from watching the draft for 21 years, we rarely hit on 2nd rounders anyways. But, Jerry isn't asking me so...

Xavier187

Reaction score
I believe in 2 scenarios.

A. 2019 1st rounder and a 5th this year

Or
B. Pick 81 and our late 4th comp pick

Rayman70

Reaction score
I believe in 2 scenarios.

A. 2019 1st rounder and a 5th this year

Or
B. Pick 81 and our late 4th comp pick
I hate givin up a first..even in 2019.Especially for a guy who turns 30 in a year.I wouldn't do that..its outlandish. I might consider a 2nd in 2019....but that's it. Tell Seattle to take it or leave it. They got zero leverage.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Eagle/Boise

Nice. I grew up in Boise. Nice place. Moved away for school a long while ago and even though I have lived in other cities in mountain west/intermountain area, Boise is probably still my favorite. Denver and Salt Lake are nice, but there's just too damn many people. Everything in between is too damn rural for my tastes.