Twitter: NFL sought info on Zeke same day vid was released

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Qbert, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM.

1. Qbert

Qbert Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    2,592 Likes Received
  2. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

6,601 Messages
    5,450 Likes Received
    he will be suspended for how long is the question

Mountaineerfan and Whyjerry like this.
  3. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

7,358 Messages
    9,501 Likes Received
    Yet Hill and foster get a pass. Yup. No bias here whatsoever

wilfred, OldCoach, Gator88 and 17 others like this.
  4. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

9,626 Messages
    9,709 Likes Received
    I wonder if that's standard procedure.

Teague31 likes this.
  5. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

9,442 Messages
    11,216 Likes Received
    Goodell has alerts set on his phone for anything Zeke.

6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

18,415 Messages
    19,418 Likes Received
    You’re sure, huh?

Silver N Blue likes this.
  7. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

3,432 Messages
    5,031 Likes Received
    I am feeling that too. It will be ridiculous and the fans will revolt but Roger and Co. answer to no one and seem to care very little about what the fans think.

cowboy_ron likes this.
  8. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

606 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Every year we play the Giants in week one Zeke will be suspended. Goodell and Mara will find a way. Somehow, some way.

9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

20,146 Messages
    12,046 Likes Received
    I would think so, especially for players who already have served a suspension and thus are under heavier scrutiny.

Runwildboys, DallasEast and stasheroo like this.
  10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

52,051 Messages
    50,251 Likes Received
    I expect that to play a role in this circumstance for sure.

And again, most frustrating of all is that this was all self inflicted.

11. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

3,094 Messages
    3,232 Likes Received
    No surprise...Goodell can't wait to piss off Jerry. Goodell is dragging his feet on the Gregory ruling...we know RG won't play NYG that's for sure.

Zeke gotta chill tho...the block is hot.

12. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

20,146 Messages
    12,046 Likes Received
    Yes, we can argue about Elliott's previous suspension vs. other players who should have been suspended, but it's hard to defend a player who knows he's in the league's crosshairs and still engages in public stupidity.

As I've said, I'm against suspensions because they hurt the team and its fans, both of which did nothing wrong, but under the present system, if Elliott is suspended, I can't say it's not his fault.

13. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

5,662 Messages
    7,812 Likes Received
    Yet, some in here argue that Goodell and his minions don't have beef against Zeke, Jerry and the Cowboys? How much more evidence do you need???

14. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

2,516 Messages
    2,040 Likes Received
    I get the conspiracy theory regarding Goodell and the cowboys, but this comment is just plain ignorant.

15. aria

aria Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    7,371 Likes Received
    What else do you want? Was there any evidence the league looked into the St Patricks Day incident right after it happened? Was he suspended for that even though he was already under investigation for DV? What about the nightclub incident? What didn’t they investigate that? This is now his third incident since being told he was going to be watched closely. Two of these incidents occurred while he was awaiting the leagues ruling on the DV case yet he still couldn’t control himself in public.

Even if you take away everything I just said, does anyone have any evidence that the NFL didn’t start looking into any other player who has already been suspended for DV as soon as they heard about something they did or is Zeke the only one dumb enough to continue to put himself in these situations. I love how Zeke knocks a dude out and bullies a security guard but he’s the real victim here, lol. :rolleyes:

And don’t forget about the 2nd, less publicized nightclub incident in Las Vegas with another DJ who said Zeke was a punk and tried to start a fight with him. Witnesses said Dak and other players had to stop Zeke and he was kicked out of the club.

See a pattern here?

Runwildboys likes this.
  16. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

5,662 Messages
    7,812 Likes Received
    Your questions have already been answered. Yes, the St. Patrick's Parade incident was looked into and added as weight to the "supposed" DV incident for his 2017 season suspension. The nightclub incident was also investigated, and Zeke was found to be innocent.

Yes, the league has been less stringent going after other players with verifiable offenses.

See the pattern here or is your hatred of Zeke getting in the way?

17. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

3,335 Messages
    4,443 Likes Received
    Zeke is a knucklehead for being in that situation... so let me get that out of the way.

But any action that takes serious cash out of his pocket from work on that nothingburger of an issue because of "protecting the shield" is total B.S...

There was film of another RB stomping on a down female... and yet got nothing but I guess a defacto "time-served" response

America's Cowboy likes this.
  18. bandfan

bandfan Well-Known Member

354 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    This has nothing to do with Zeke.....

IceBowler likes this.
  19. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

13,877 Messages
    8,636 Likes Received
    I'm not expecting Gregory to play this season

Cover 2, Mr_C and Cowboysheelsreds053 like this.
  20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

18,450 Messages
    11,499 Likes Received
    I hope the turd gets suspended. Not that it would teach him anything. But maybe it will help the FO think twice about giving the punk 16 million per year.