NFL Trivia Game!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
1 point is scored on a safety on a PAT conversion attempt

While not technically correct, i don’t think this question can go further with the answer you’ve given.

2 points

EST_1986 10
Pape 5
Bigdnlaca 2
ClappingCarrot 4
kskboys 2

Last edited:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I know this is old but basically I think it can only be one point if the offense fumbles the ball while attempting a PAT (I think the ball can be kicked but there has to be an offensive possession by the kicking team in some way for it to happen) or a two point conversion and the ball goes out of bounds with the defense not having possession of the ball after the offensive possession or purposely knocking the loose ball out of bounds.

Pape

Reaction score
I know this is old but basically I think it can only be one point if the offense fumbles the ball while attempting a PAT (I think the ball can be kicked but there has to be an offensive possession by the kicking team in some way for it to happen) or a two point conversion and the ball goes out of bounds with the defense not having possession of the ball after the offensive possession or purposely knocking the loose ball out of bounds.
The league changed the rules a few seasons ago. A team can score 1 point if the resulting action would be ruled a safety, either on a point after try or a two point conversion. From NFL Operations, Rule Book

Article 2. Results of a Try
During a Try, the following shall apply:

(a) If a kick results in a field goal by the offense, one point is awarded. An artificial or manufactured tee shall not be permitted to assist in the execution of a Try-kick. (The conditions of 11-4-1 must be met.)

(b) If a Try results in a touchdown by either team, two points are awarded.

(c) If the Try results in what would ordinarily be a safety against either team, one point is awarded to the opponent.

(d) If any play results in a touchback, the Try is unsuccessful, and there shall be no replay.

(e) The Try ends when:

1. either team scores
  2. the ball is dead by rule
  3. a fumble by either team is recovered by a teammate of the fumbling player

Flamma

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how would an extra point result in a safety?

Pape

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how would an extra point result in a safety?

Team B defense intercepts a ball/blocks a kick, recovers, runs it back to the goal line, intercepting player fumbles; The fumbled ball is recovered by Team A in its own end zone, resulting in a 1 point safety

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
New Question!

1. I'm looking for the name of a coach.

2. He was an NFL Head Coach at some point in the last 20 years.

3. When he was young, he played football at the same university a quarterback drafted in the first round once played at.

4. This university was not 1-A (FBS) level.