Twitter: NFL vet free agents still looking for a team

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wilkerson, Liuget remain top unsigned free agents
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 6, 2019, 10:36 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/06/wilkerson-liuget-remain-top-unsigned-free-agents/

Free agency in the NFL has slowed down — and effectively stopped for the top players, as we haven’t heard so much as a peep about any interest in the top remaining free agents in recent weeks.

The two best available free agents in our Top 100 list are both defensive linemen, Muhammad Wilkerson and Corey Liuget.

The only news we’ve heard recently about Wilkerson was that he was arrested for drunk driving, which surely didn’t help his cause in convincing teams to sign him. Liuget last drew our attention in April, when he visited the Jaguars.

The other unsigned players in our Free Agent Top 100 are former Titans linebacker Derrick Morgan, former Lions safety Glover Quin, former Saints offensive lineman Jermon Bushrodand former Cardinals safety Tre Boston.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guessing a most these players will likely sign once teams starting seeing training camp/regular injuries

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Could always use depth at CB. Plus are wr sure Byron will be available week 1?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
yup...I'm all over this. If they could sign Alfred Morris as a backup....why not Ajayi? Remember how screwed we would have been if we hadn't signed AM?

Oh yeah, and Ajayi would be a good move. I'd go with him over Mo Claiborne.

lkelly

Reaction score
wow Crabtree never lived up to the hype
He has 633 career catches for 7477 yards and 54 TDs in his career. Add in 44/587/6 in 10 playoff games as well. That’s not awful. Both catches and yards exceed Dez Bryant’s career totals. One could come up with a lengthy list of 1st round WR busts before arriving at Crabtree.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has 633 career catches for 7477 yards and 54 TDs in his career. Add in 44/587/6 in 10 playoff games as well. That’s not awful. Both catches and yards exceed Dez Bryant’s career totals. One could come up with a lengthy list of 1st round WR busts before arriving at Crabtree.

Just my take but I'm pretty sure he will sign. Just a matter before or after regular season starts. Hell if Coop goes down for the year, I would hope we're knocking on his door immediately.

erod

Reaction score
Remember when everybody wanted Eric Berry to replace Heath?

Not even on Gil's list.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Crabtree is a good WR. He had good chemistry with Carr and the Raiders but the didnt want keep him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
For safety Quinn, Berry, and Boston are intriguing options. After that its hard to see a role for the rest.

Wilkerson and Logan would be of interest, but its already a crowded group of dts and wouldn't get playing time.

Ajayi had 1 good season, but has been often injured. Rather roll with Weber, Pollard, and Jackson in training camp.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If he plays for free or league min. Also wonder if it would be worth a roster spot. What position do we cut short to have him...

I'd say we've got safeties we could do without. Keep Heath, Woods, Wilson. The rest are guys to upgrade on, and Berry would be an upgrade. While he's healthy, he's the best S on the team.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
ajayi gets hurt more than elliot gets into trouble. keep looking.

You mean Ajayi runs twice as hard as Elliott...Sounds like he will be ready late Sept. And he's still only 26. I take him in a heartbeat. Kid has heart...and I have no doubt he will be back.....because he's done it before.