NFL world reacts to Jaire Alexander’s record-breaking contract extension

Flamma

Reaction score
We can start negotiating with Diggs after week six of 2023. If he doesn't re-sign by week six of 2024, I say we trade him.

Week 6 of the league year? People are going to think you mean week six of the season.

I think he's getting extended. But I do agree that trading him is better than waiting for his contract to run out and getting very little for him.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes. Look at Diggs contract now. Write it down. This is before any extension. He'll be getting his extension after this year and none of these numbers will change. His extension will start in 2024.

Trevon Diggs Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Only the salary doesn’t move, the guarantees will change his numbers enormously.

They prorate over a maximum of 5 years and have to start as soon as the money is paid out. If you give him 50m$ at signing, his contract will jump by 10m$ a year in cap hits even still during his fourth rookie year.

kskboys

Reaction score
How do you mean?
They lose the battle at the LOS all too often when faced w/ big tough playoff teams. The exception was w/ monstrous BJ Raji and Pickett formed the kind of DLine you need to win super bowls. Big and dominant. GB is constantly focusing on CB's in the draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
Only the salary doesn’t move, the guarantees will change his numbers enormously.

They prorate over a maximum of 5 years and have to start as soon as the money is paid out. If you give him 50m$ at signing, his contract will jump by 10m$ a year in cap hits even still during his fourth rookie year.

Yeah, the thing is, we don't know what his signing bonus will be. Zeke got an 80M dollar contract and a 7.5M signing bonus.

But let's say Diggs signs a 4 year 100M dollar extension, with a 25M dollar signing bonus. It would be 5M per year added. That only makes him a 7M cap hit for 2023. Even 2024, the first year of his extension shouldn't be too bad. It's 2025 when we'd see the cap hits in the mid to upper 20s.