Nice to see all those guys running after the catch

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Looking back at the game Sunday, it's striking just how nice it was to see all those guys running after the catch in a way we haven't seen in a long time. Three YAC numbers that really jumped out at me:

Gallup: 76
Cobb: 41
Witten: 16

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Yac is a function of catching the ball in stride. Sometimes it's a great throw. Other times it's an adjustment by the wr. Seemed like a good dose of both. Hope it continues.
I don't know what you're talking about. YAC is a function of falling down in the right direction.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking back at the game Sunday, it's striking just how nice it was to see all those guys running after the catch in a way we haven't seen in a long time. Three YAC numbers that really jumped out at me:

In one sideline shot you could actually see a fan in the stands going to his seat passing Witten getting his YAC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yac is a function of catching the ball in stride. Sometimes it's a great throw. Other times it's an adjustment by the wr. Seemed like a good dose of both. Hope it continues.

As well as great play calling and scheming. Play action gets the defense to freeze and can leave WR's wide open.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Witten had 16 yards after catch? He must have ended up with 10 receptions, I'm guessing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Perfect placement of the ball does wonders. Dak clearly worked hard in the off season.

Reaction score
Witten and Yac are like oil and water. The two just don’t go together.

Fortunately Witten and first downs are

seo1.jpg

Beaker42

Reaction score

Only bad thing I can say about Dak is he threw a couple balls behind guys, one a crossing route and the TD pass to Swaim but Swaim was athletic enough to turn his body around, make the catch and run for the score.