Nick Bolton Mizzou LB

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like him in the second, but I'd like him a lot more in the second if he's strong at the combine. I wonder if he's athletic enough to be a three-down player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I like him in the second, but I'd like him a lot more in the second if he's strong at the combine. I wonder if he's athletic enough to be a three-down player.

I have seen him as a 3rd rd prospect early on. He is a linebacker I have my eye on as well, let's see if he rises through the process.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The 3 down thing is kind of silly to me. Guys like Hitchens are 3 down guys and Hitch is (slow). I think Micah Kiser ran slow too and hes the 3 down lb for a top defense. Yall got on me about cb speed but lb speed is less important than cb.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The 3 down thing is kind of silly to me. Guys like Hitchens are 3 down guys and Hitch is (slow). I think Micah Kiser ran slow too and hes the 3 down lb for a top defense. Yall got on me about cb speed but lb speed is less important than cb.
Yeah, I agree - there’s no doubt in my mind that this kid is an every down backer. He can cover RB’s and hits like a freight train. He has deceptive game speed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

LB and Safety is more about instincts then it's timed speed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't care about his 40 time. I care about whether or not he can carry a TE across the face, flip his hips and get depth, etc.

There are lots of strong instinctual LBers in college who can't cover in the pros because they aren't athletic enough.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't care about his 40 time. I care about whether or not he can carry a TE across the face, flip his hips and get depth, etc.

There are lots of strong instinctual LBers in college who can't cover in the pros because they aren't athletic enough.
So what drill do you look at?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So what drill do you look at?
I like 3-cone and shuttle for LBers, but it's more about full body of work, especially for their weight, and just how they look, tbh.

I don't mind drafting Anthony Hitchens...in the 4th round. I just don't particularly want him at #36 because the upside just isn't there. Rank and file LBers aren't that hard to find in the mid rounds.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
A young Sean Lee wasn't going to beat many in a foot race, but he always around the football due to his high level instincts.
Lee had an elite 3 cone - same as LVE. But good as he was, there were things you couldn't have him do - mainly carry fast TEs down the seam or in man coverage in general. This is why LVE has so much potential, he can turn and run with guys down the seam, especially with his height.

I love Sean Lee, but in 2020 I don't think I'm drafting him in the 30s.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good college LBr, not sure if he’s athletic enough to be a quality pro.

Eyes on him at the combine. Good potential mid round target where we’ve had success in past (Hitch).

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Lee had an elite 3 cone - same as LVE. But good as he was, there were things you couldn't have him do - mainly carry fast TEs down the seam or in man coverage in general. This is why LVE has so much potential, he can turn and run with guys down the seam, especially with his height.

I love Sean Lee, but in 2020 I don't think I'm drafting him in the 30s.

Lve was considered an ascending prospect who was just scratching the surface of his potential. Has all the physical attributes to be an elite player in this league, it's more about staying healthy and getting better with more experience. He is a legitimate 3 down linebacker.

Sean Lee just doesn't have the same physical tools, but has that high football IQ that allows him to be successful on this level.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Good college LBr, not sure if he’s athletic enough to be a quality pro.

Eyes on him at the combine. Good potential mid round target where we’ve had success in past (Hitch).
You don’t think he’s good enough to be in consideration in the 2nd? I’d like him more in the 3rd as well but he’s a perfect SAM / MIKE. Not sure he’s quick enough at WILL but his combine will tell a lot.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You don’t think he’s good enough to be in consideration in the 2nd? I’d like him more in the 3rd as well but he’s a perfect SAM / MIKE. Not sure he’s quick enough at WILL but his combine will tell a lot.

I think it will depend on how he runs / moves at the combine as the major knock on him is athleticism. If he doesn't run well and showcases stiff hips, not I wouldn't touch him anywhere near the 2nd round.