Article: Nick Saban Covid Positive

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Rajat, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,743 Messages
    7,643 Likes Received
    Is he dead?

BoysForLife, TheDude and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  3. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

11,466 Messages
    20,133 Likes Received
    He's not the first one and won't be the last one.....quarantine, adjust, get well, and keep going.

Furboy likes this.
  4. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    Oh so is that the new standard? Got it.

Noclaf likes this.
  5. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    I have had family members who had it and recovered and have had a colleague that just passed away from it this week. The points you make are exactly why I did not want a season. Regardless if you recover or have no symptoms, it has the capacity to take a turn for the worse. Why risk it. Football is not that important.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

55,656 Messages
    23,828 Likes Received
    Why wouldn't he? Is there some kind of proof that he caught the virus because of something related to football?

BoysForLife likes this.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

55,656 Messages
    23,828 Likes Received
    Well, three of the guys on this list are from Conferences who cxld the season so I don't think we can draw any conclusions, at this point, in terms of football related causation.

Rajat, Hawkeye0202 and Jammer like this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

55,656 Messages
    23,828 Likes Received
    It's actually the only standard that matters at this point IMO.

Jammer likes this.
  9. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

4,788 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    People who earn their living doing football related activities would probably beg to differ. One man's "non-essential" is another man's "essential".

Flamma likes this.
  10. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    There are plenty of ways to counter that. This is a rich sport with rich owners and players. If they are not all about the money, they can come out and assist their own workers.

11. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    You might be right but it is sad that it has come to this. We might have engineered the most high tech world around us but we sure drifted away from our core human values.

12. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    It does not have to be because of football but that does not diminish the fact that gatherings of a large amount of people are very risky in this scenario. That is why the first thing they restricted were gatherings of a large kind. Look this country is the super power of the world, one of the most advanced, a so called leader but it also has the highest death rate in the world, means we are doing something wrong. The US did set an example in this pandemic but of how not to handle this virus. There are multiple factors for this but I wont get in to those.

13. Jammer

4,788 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    College players are rich? When do we stop the insanity of this? It was supposed to flatten the curve and we've gone waaayyy beyond that now. Now it's one case and that one case is too many and it wasn't supposed to be that way.

14. Jammer

4,788 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    The USA does not have the highest death rate in the world. We may have the highest death total, but not the rate.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  15. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    I meant NFL, the ones in the college are supported by the college anyway.

16. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    Either way, that is not the stats the world leaders are suppose to have.

17. Jammer

4,788 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    What about the people who aren't affiliated with the college where their income is made from the games? Also, for the big name schools they get a huge amount of their income from football. Sometimes it has to be about the money.

18. Jammer

4,788 Messages
    2,077 Likes Received
    We are a free country. Luckily we don't lead the world in draconian measure to take away the rights people have died to protect. It's pathetic the USA is the way it is right now.

Chocolate Lab likes this.
  19. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

15,317 Messages
    20,935 Likes Received
    Pretty soon colleges will have to shut down the non essential stuff to protect the essential programs.

So, cancel classes so football can be played in a safe manner.

20. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    We are a little too sensitive about our rights. Don't get me wrong, freedom and having rights are invaluable. However sometimes it does not hurt letting them go especially if they are for your own good. If there is rioting going on outside and the cops ask you to stay indoor for your on protection, would that not constitute as infringement of my rights? I would however happily stay indoor to protect myself. I am not counter arguing here with you as I like to hear someone else's perspective. I can learn from them as I admit I can be wrong in my assessments. So thank you for sharing your perspective. I do understand that economics, especially in a low income situation would compel someone to take the risks others wont.