Article: Nick Saban Covid Positive

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Rajat, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,938 Messages
    6,910 Likes Received
    NFL players play for the money. They all had the option to sit out.

2. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

13,860 Messages
    14,798 Likes Received
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

55,660 Messages
    23,829 Likes Received
    You said a lot there.

4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

55,660 Messages
    23,829 Likes Received
    Based on what? What is a large amount of people? Have others in the program been positive as well? Do we know any details on how he caught it? I am not interested in opinions of Covid, as related to Saban when we don't even have details. This is a stump speech. You are free to preach but not to me. I will wait till we know more and then base opinion on facts reported. Until then, I'm not throwing anybody under the bus.

5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,744 Messages
    7,643 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

BoysForLife likes this.
  6. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

4,788 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received
    We can NEVER be sensitive of our rights and be willing to let them go to "protect us"; especially if it's the government determining what is good for us. Sorry, that's ridiculous. I cannot comment more because it would delve into what is not tolerated on this forum, but I did not serve 23 years in the military and see people die during combat just to allow government "officials" to determine what is essential and what is not.

BoysForLife likes this.
  7. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

4,788 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received
    I just read an article that Saban might have a false positive? The insanity continues.

BoysForLife likes this.
  8. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,929 Messages
    5,288 Likes Received
    This is one of the most frightening things I've ever read on this or any other forum

Power hungry despots absolutely love people who think like this

Death is infinitely better than being told how and when to leave your house. And I'm not exaggerating

9. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    So why wear seat belts? Just because it is a rule? I don't quite understand it. I am not here to argue, I just need someone to explain it better to me as my logic does not grasp this very well. If there is something that is asked of me to do and it is for my own benefit, why shouldn't I do it. For example during the Boston bombings, when the suspects were on the run, people were asked to stay indoors. Were they wrong to stay indoors? Did that not infringe upon their rights? All I am saying is there is a thin line between the two. If someone tells you, you cannot vote, that is a valid infringement of rights. However someone tells you to stay indoor because there is a safety issue or wear a mask, I don't think that bothers me much as someone is thinking about my safety. I am not an expert in everything, so I tend to listen to them especially when it comes to protecting myself and my family. Why else would we have experts.

10. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    See my reply to Jammer as it that same for this post as well. Instead of attacking me, all I am looking for is a valid explanation to why I am wrong in thinking like this.

Jammer likes this.
  11. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,938 Messages
    6,910 Likes Received
    Keep in mind you have no right to drive. It's a privilege. They can require whatever they want of you.

12. BoysForLife

3,929 Messages
    5,288 Likes Received
    Already explained it with my last sentence

Far better to die free than live under tyranny

Why is it that for all the complaining about what a rotten place America is, that so many people are willing to risk their lives to come here?

Why on earth would we voluntarily cede those liberties because those in power said it's "for our own good"?

Like I said, power crazed despots crave people who value "security" over liberty. They know if you're willing to give up the latter in pursuit of the former , you'll end up having neither. And deservedly so

13. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    I guess we will leave it at this then. Enjoy the rest of the day.

14. BoysForLife

3,929 Messages
    5,288 Likes Received
    I dont wish to put words in your mouth, but trying to legitimately understand your perspective--

Do I understand you to be saying that you would gladly and enthusiastically give up your personal liberties because that egomaniac Fauci and the WHO said it's "for your own good?"

If you feel that way that's certainly your prerogative but if that's the case then you are correct, there isn't much for us to discuss at this point

15. Rajat

Rajat Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    2,712 Likes Received
    At the end of the day it is what you believe in. I tend to respect everyone's perspective regardless of how different they are from mine. However I indulge in these types of discussions because at times they can change my perspective on how I look at things. If we constantly are in conflict with other ideologies, perspectives, identities, we will always remain distant from others and not grow as human beings. I always am keen to understand the other side as it helps me keep growing. Thank you for sharing yours with mine. I guess it is time to leave this behind and get back to football. We have Arizona to discuss on the fan zone. :)

16. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,938 Messages
    6,910 Likes Received
    I guess in Philadelphia masks are optional at the stadium.