Nick Wright reacts to the Cowboys offense after reportedly signing Randell Cobb-FTF

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Come on man. They all put up stats. Our top 2 receivers didn't put up stats as good as the other teams top 2 when they played together. Now magically adding a Cobb as a 3 with how he has played the past few years elevates them above that? Cobb didn't play as well as the 3rd option on either team I listed.

Landry and Odell haven't played together, but can you honestly say with a straight face that teams would rather face those two than Gallup and Cooper? You think teams would rather face Cook and Woods? Maybe, maybe not. But one thing for sure it that it is not a sure thing one way or another (as the post I was replied to said it was) and adding Cobbs didn't change that.

I loved the Cooper trade, I like the Cobbs signing. But lets be real here, on paper they are not the hands down best three receiver set in football. As you, yourself, just stated they haven't even played together so how could they be.
They haven't played together yet so you are just speculating what they are or won't be.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I liked him.

He did alot of damage in GB.

Tough dude and hard to tackle.

Unlike Beasley who constantly ran for the sidelines..

Cobb takes it straight up the field.

:thumbup:
Yeah I kno, he did a lot of damage to the boys, that's why I didn't care for him nor that Diva QB..lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CC said everything but cheap to describe our FA strategy lol. I also am very excited for this signing. huge pickup for us. Having cooper, gallup, cobb, and cedrick wilson coming back. WR should be set.

What he said was with all the strong young talent the Cowboys have that need and "deserve" to be paid that the Cowboys have to find value without tpsending big in free agency.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I kno, he did a lot of damage to the boys, that's why I didn't care for him nor that Diva QB..lol
Yeah Rodgers..

he is near his end.

His WRs have left..

his coach has left.

They will dump him in another year with his salary.

They can not rebuild until they do.

lukin2006

Reaction score
CCs point about not playing in GB and the poor weather there is an interesting view.

Keeping Cobb, Austin healthy will be mandatory.

At least the draft now can focus on DL where we are short now.

That's a good point about the cold weather. As a kid growing up in Canada, every ache and pain is magnified in cold weather. I agree about DL. I'd like a big bodied DT in round 2, one who can stuff the run and collapse the pocket, we tried it RM ways with solid DE's...but the Rams ran right through the gut D.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What he said was with all the strong young talent the Cowboys have that need and "deserve" to be paid that the Cowboys have to find value without tpsending big in free agency.
That's not true. Teams can spend big in FA when they have upcoming players to spend on. Just have to be short term deals with ways to get out under the contract in the future if you need the money.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not true. Teams can spend big in FA when they have upcoming players to spend on. Just have to be short term deals with ways to get out under the contract in the future if you need the money.

I was only explaining what Carter said, which is different than how you portrayed it. As for using short term contracts as a way to deal with the situation, I don't think that's opposed to what Carter said. By not giving out big contracts I think he was talking about not making big money long term commitments that would prevent making those kinds of commitments to current Cowboys that need to be extended.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Beasley is better than Cobb. Hard stop.

The only possible difference is that Cobb can do more outside, but this offense hasn't shown any competency to take advantage of that.
Cobb is 100% better than Beasley AFTER the catch. And he's stronger, so a little harder to bracket with a LB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's easy to have a plan for free agency and contracts, but the challenge is that the players can simply go somewhere else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's easy to have a plan for free agency and contracts, but the challenge is that the players can simply go somewhere else.

That's a point some fans seem to miss. It's as if some think the Cowboys have first right of refusal on every free agent.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Cobb is 100% better than Beasley AFTER the catch. And he's stronger, so a little harder to bracket with a LB.
Yea, but that doesn't matter if he can't get open. Catch a pass 1 yard past the sticks and it doesn't matter how good you are from there on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, but that doesn't matter if he can't get open. Catch a pass 1 yard past the sticks and it doesn't matter how good you are from there on.

Why would you think Cobb can't get open?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If you have 3rd and 6, and your slot is in man-to-man, Beasley is the guy you choose very time.
Targets resulting in 1st down
of top 4 targeted receivers (2018)

3rd down, 5-7 yards to go
Beasley 70% (7 of 10)
Jarwin 67% (2 of 3)
Cooper 45% (5 of 11)
Elliott 33% (2 of 6)

3rd down, all other distances to go
Beasley 50% (10 of 20)
Cooper 50% (8 of 16)
Gallup 26% (6 of 23)
Elliott 17% (5 of 30)

Rayman70

Reaction score
biggest weakness was and still is 4 things. Owner,HC, safety,DT. Until all four are addressed properly, we won't win.