Niners giving you Deja vu about the Giants?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CouchCoach, Jan 23, 2022.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

5,456 Messages
    5,408 Likes Received
    Jimmy G getting lots of heat. He had 3-4 great passes in the first half that were dropped, under pressure most of the game and weather conditions that were amazing, great football game to watch as both defenses played lights out. At the end of the day Jimmy G at least had it in him to make that last drive to seal the victory. Props to him and the Niners.

2. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Well-Known Member

3,108 Messages
    2,659 Likes Received
    They have the best front 4 rotation in the playoffs.

DFWJC and Diehardblues like this.
  3. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

6,332 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    Last years Tampa team also reminded of that 2007 Giants team, they even had a Patrick Clayton drop ball moment when Cook fumbled in the Divisional Round against the Saints when it looked like New Orleans had control of the game

4. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

14,843 Messages
    18,683 Likes Received
    Good call.

I hadn't made that connection until I read this but spot on comparison.

That Niners defense was nasty last night.

They are absolutely peaking in January.

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,841 Messages
    65,701 Likes Received
    The 2007 Giants started off 0-2 and gave up 80 points, 45 to DAL and 35 to GB. The two teams they beat on the road in the playoffs to go to the SB. That was only the 2nd time any team had started off 0-2 and made the playoffs. The first was the 93 Cowboys.

Diehardblues likes this.
  6. Malhavoc

Malhavoc Well-Known Member

1,213 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    As much as I hate the Niners that’s how every team should be built. It should be the standard. Very few teams can rely on their QB to put a team on their shoulders and win. I think it’s pretty clear what the best formula is for this team. No shame in copying a rival’s blueprint.

Bobhaze, cowboyz and Diehardblues like this.
  7. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

44,290 Messages
    26,761 Likes Received
    Right. And when our running game is dominant our offense and QB is not only more effective but it mask our weaknesses on defense.

Revamping our OL and bringing in more RB should be our focus in offseason while bulking up middle of defense with DT and S.

8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

22,474 Messages
    31,839 Likes Received
    Just went over to a Packers forum for a little insight…..they ALL think Rogers is a good in season QB but terrible in the playoffs. They thinks it’s time he leaves. And we think we have it bad…

9. BleedinBlue

BleedinBlue Well-Known Member

887 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Seems like Jerry would look at the Rams and 49er games and see why we lost. Couldn't stop the run , couldn't run the football. This team is weak up the middle on both lines. But it didn't help playing the wrong RB and getting pass happy against the 49ers.

Diehardblues likes this.
  10. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

44,290 Messages
    26,761 Likes Received
    Let’s hope so but Jethro’s history has been more of a follow the ball type of GM and fan.

11. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

7,208 Messages
    7,445 Likes Received
    ....bad deja vu' for us...lol.. We seem to be part of the equation, on the wrong end. Im rooting for Rams all the way. Bills to win it all.

12. MajesticRey

MajesticRey Well-Known Member

743 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    If there’s one advantage SF has versus Tampa it’s definitely the running game. If the Rams don’t beat Tampa then SF will need to run the ball for close to 200 or more to keep the ball out of Brady’s hands. No way they hold him to 10 points in the crisp Tampa weather.

Diehardblues likes this.
  13. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    2,110 Likes Received
    The credit needs to go the Niner organization. Remember the championship game in 2019 when Jimmy G barely even threw a pass?

Bobhaze, cowboyz and Diehardblues like this.
  14. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    2,110 Likes Received
    Jerry is not happy winning my superbowls with a great HC.
    We don’t bench Zeke for Pollard, we keep idiotic coaches, we kept JG for 10 plus years.

15. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    11,212 Messages
    38,527 Likes Received
    Even in today’s “modern NFL” with all the glitzy high powered offenses, winning in the playoffs is usually done by the teams that have the best fundamentals of football: blocking, tackling and toughness.

The teams that have those elements wrapped in a “team” concept instead of a bunch of stars are winning championships. The Cowboys lost to a better team that was better coached and put together by a GM who knows exactly what he’s trying to do, hired by an owner who wants to win bad enough to hire football people to ensure it happens.

There is absolutely no mystery why our Cowboys repeat the same mistakes year after year after year. If the guy running the whole thing can’t admit he’s the problem, the right changes can’t happen. Doesn’t matter who you hire to coach this thing or even play QB. If the rot at the top doesn’t make changes, this is just the Titanic with a fresh coat of paint.

Nova likes this.
  16. BoysfanfromCanada

BoysfanfromCanada Well-Known Member

2,741 Messages
    5,736 Likes Received
    What's the right way? Being so bad in some years that you get really high draft picks to choose pieces like Bosa, Armstead, etc? That was my issue with the years we'd go 8-8 when it was obvious we weren't going to make the playoffs. It put us just high enough in the draft we had no chance at the true elite of elite talent. We lucked into Parsons but were never close enough to get some of the franchise changing types.

They hit on other picks too that were later round but there is no single right way to build a team

17. Malhavoc

Malhavoc Well-Known Member

1,213 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    Tampa is a bad matchup for the Niners. I would be hoping for the Rams

Nova likes this.
  18. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,747 Messages
    8,734 Likes Received
    Hats off to SF but I’m not going to make the Giants comparisons yet.

19. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,747 Messages
    8,734 Likes Received
    I’m convinced the culture that Jones has created will not allow the team to be successful again.

20. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    7,416 Messages
    6,461 Likes Received
    Made that comment in another thread last night.

Good post.