N'keal Harry: if he falls, do you grab him?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
After the Rams game I'm drafting to fill the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Big fat DTs and the biggest maulers on the OL I can find.
That would be
DT Saunders
RG Lindstrum
Both dominated at the Senior Bowl

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
JuJu was underdrafted if anything. He ran. 4.54 which is fine, considering his size, hands and route running.

Until we see Harry run, the speed concerns are legit. He looks like a 4.6 guy to me which would be a red flag...
So you would have passed on Jerry Rice then seeing how he ran a paltry 4.71.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I think Dallas would pass if he was on the board. I think the target for a WR will be in the middle rounds...someone like Andy Isabella (UMASS) or Greg Dortch (Wake Forrest). The way the rules have changed and the way teams are spreading out the defenses to create space, the small WR are finding a place of value in the league. Tyreke Hill is the prime example.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...rime-example-of-slot-receivers-growing-value/

At 5-10, 195, Isabella has the quickness and explosiveness to thrive in the short-to-intermediate areas of the field, much like Beasley. Unlike Beasley, however, Isabella possesses immense deep speed to go with his quickness and agility -- he ran a 10.9-second 100-meter dash in high school, beating Browns cornerback Denzel Ward (who ran a 4.32 40-yard dash at the 2018 NFL scouting combine) in the process.

Because of his size, Isabella predictably struggles against press or physical coverage, which is why he projects better to the slot, where receivers see little press coverage and are gifted a two-way go off the line of scrimmage. Isabella is a good route-runner who uses his speed and quickness to create separation out of his breaks and at the top of routes.

Once he gets the ball in his hands, Isabella is dangerous, as his deep speed and stop-start quickness allow him to outrun defenders' angles of pursuit.

If Beasley does end up leaving in free agency, Isabella would be a cheaper and younger replacement who has the potential to develop into an even more potent threat from the slot.
I would love to see Isabella in a Cowboy uniform. He reminds me more of Edelman than Beasley. Isabella is tough and strong like Edelman but faster.

cnuball21

Reaction score
So you would have passed on Jerry Rice then seeing how he ran a paltry 4.71.

I’m not sure his 40 time was officially confirmed, but regardless you don’t want to draft based on outliers.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
N'Keal Harry performed well today. I think he's earned extra money with that 4.53 40 and drills.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Harry fan, but I think this offense would be better served with pass catching TE. I’d like to see us utilize two TEs the way the Eagles do with Ertz and Goedert. I think that suits the run game and Dak’s strengths.
Yep, Harry was appealing back in the day...