News: No 5th Year Option for LVE

JustChip

Reaction score
That's fine....it's just like the Dak situation...it ended up costing Dallas more in the end. Should sign him long term now while the cost is relatively cheap.
Or like Jaylon if you extend him now. Essentially, the team is paying an exorbitant price sumply for availability in Jaylon’s case. I would be happy paying more, within reason, for production than saving money and wasting what is spent on a player that’s not playing or only playing because he’s the cream if the crap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly ........just to be clear, as stated in another thread, if he has a healthy career year, they will not let him walk w/o tag. Tough deal for the kids but he may one of those players whose body just can't hold up 16 games without nagging injures ( Sean Lee ).
Yep.....it happens. Some times that happens. I would've never drafted LVE but I didn't know he was that talented. And he was especially that rookie season. I saw the Brian Urlacher comparisons...but like you said...if his body can't hold up....not sure what he can really offer this team if he's not out there. Hopefully this year he gets healthy...gonna be a tough decision to make for the Cowboys but a good problem to have IMO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Tagging LVE could cost in upwards of $10-11 million next year.

FWIW.

Shane612

Reaction score
Honestly this is good for him. HE balls out this year and he gets paid. I'd be excited to not have a team use my option but they most always do if you're playing well.

The gambler in me would still re-sign him....in hope he gets back to form because his rookie season is one of the best you're ever going to see from a linebacker.
I think they're concerned about his [neck] injury.

bigE79

Reaction score
naH.gif
Best line ever... LMAO

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'd agree except on Tank. We just don't have anyone who can do what he does on this team right now.
Lawrence is one of the top 5 paid defensive players in the league. Just like Zeke and Jaylon he needs to except the blame because of his pay check. Dak is on notice as well this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lawrence is one of the top 5 paid defensive players in the league. Just like Zeke and Jaylon he needs to except the blame because of his pay check. Dak is on notice as well this season.
I don't knock anyone for what they get paid. I judge a guy based on his contributions to this team. Zeke and Jaylon are underperforming.....I'd argue Lawrence is performing exactly where he should be expected to perform. What the Cowboys gave him is on them. I'd feel the same way about Zeke and Jaylon even if they were on rookie deals. They simply have to perform better.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's gone after this year. We won't resign him. I don't care if he makes the pro bowl.
His neck issue doesn't scream longevity.
So sad. If healthy, he could have been a perennial pro bowler.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s better to extend him then pick up the 5th year.

relax haters. 8)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Best line ever... LMAO
The "Soup ****" was based on a real guy who ran a little restaurant in NYC and had wild rules posted on the door before you could enter, but he made the best food.
His menu had hundred's of items and he would change it daily based on his mood.

There's a cool documentary on him called I Like Killing Flies.

Check it out.

I teared up when his wife died during/just after filming. She was the hippie that grounded him and kept the family solid.

Last edited:

bigE79

Reaction score
The "Soup ****" was based on a real guy who ran a little restaurant in NYC and had wild rules posted on the door before you could enter, but he made the best food.
His menu had hundred's of items and he would change it daily based on his mood.

There's a cool documentary on him called I Like Killing Flies.

Check it out.

I teared up when his wife died during/just after filming. She was the hippie that grounded him and kept the family solid.
Yeah,I read about him a few years ago,Jerry Seinfeld talked about it...didn't hear about his wife though, very sad.