Twitter: No Cowboys players claimed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm absolutely delighted that Cedrick Wilson is still ours! I had horrific visions that we'd be ruing the day we allowed a gem to depart. :dance:

Now, we'll have Wilson to serve as our ST ace, to return kickoffs, punts and also serve as a capable backup in case Cobb is injured! :thumbup:

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
How many players league wide were claimed? How many teams claimed a player? I'm sure both answers are low numbers.

Manster68

Reaction score

So what does this say about Dallas?

It tells me that this team is loaded. It doesn't need to claim players from other teams. Other teams not claiming players Dallas cut doesn't mean anything. They don't know these players like Dallas' coaching staff does. The same way Dallas doesn't know other team's cuts.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Front office did a nice job of protecting the guys that other teams had interest in. OL: Redmond and Knight

Yes, it appears that way. Looks like the front office made the right cuts so far. Gotta give them credit. I don't think the front office is done yet. Probably a few more moves coming.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Virtually nobody from any team typically gets claimed.

That's because you have to pay the full year's salary if they're on your week one roster.

They usually wait until later.

Very true! This is why we'd better find a way to get the guys we like the most back on our active roster!:thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m genuinely surprised. There’s no chance we are overrating our talent level

I fear we will learn exactly how they're perceived by other teams when the time comes to claim them from our practice squad. :omg:

That's why the staff had best find a way to move guys they value the most to the active roster. Some team may think they're worthy!

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Dallas has exceptional depth in their first 40 players. Doesn't mean that extends through 70.

Plus, there's a real art to knowing what players you must protect, and who you can get to the practice squad.