No gif for you giphy

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
What the hell, I've noticed recently that giphy doesn't do gifs anymore. Now they provide HTML5 videos.

....which are incompatible with CBZ

@Reality

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zXALtN.jpg

Looks like I'm exiting Giphy just in time!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean it's blocked from using in those threads?

I give up. This is way too much hassle.
No, I'm saying if they only support videos now, just post them in the funny videos thread.

Videos are usually deleted from the Funny Images thread because a lot of users cannot see them at work as they are blocked and some auto play which can use a lot of data for mobile users.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zXALtN.jpg

Looks like I'm exiting Giphy just in time!
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53024932

Facebook's Giphy deal investigated by competition authority
June 12, 2020

Facebook's takeover of Giphy, a search engine for funny reaction images, is being investigated by the UK's competition authority.

Giphy's vast library of looping short video animations is hugely popular in Facebook's apps.

But it also provides animations to competitors like TikTok, Snapchat and Twitter.

Now, the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating whether the purchase is a problem.

[Click link above for the rest of the story]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53024932

Facebook's Giphy deal investigated by competition authority
June 12, 2020

Facebook's takeover of Giphy, a search engine for funny reaction images, is being investigated by the UK's competition authority.

Giphy's vast library of looping short video animations is hugely popular in Facebook's apps.

But it also provides animations to competitors like TikTok, Snapchat and Twitter.

Now, the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating whether the purchase is a problem.

[Click link above for the rest of the story]
BURN FB, BURN!!!