No HOF Presentation for TO

CPanther95

Reaction score
The HoF should hire Sourdough Sam (yes, I had to google his name), the 49ers mascot, to stand in for TO and accept his jacket.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He doesn't have to do a damn thing because you think he should. You haven't walked a step in his shoes, he has the right to do whatever the hell he wants as it pertains to the HOF, there's no rule that say you must attend or do a speech in Canton.
Facts.

Here's they come with the "tradition" speech... :rolleyes::D

It's "tradition" to vote unequivocal first ballot HoFers in on their first ballot.

Whiny sensitive ppl all up in their feelings now because they let him simmer and now he would prefer to have his own ceremony in front of the ppl who love him unequivocally.

Bravoooo TO!

2e07n6.jpg

Verdict

Reaction score
He has a legitimate reason to criticize and be upset with not being a first ballot HOF. He's a top 3-5 WR OF ALL TIME. He does some pushups in his driveway and had a feud with chunky Mcnabb and I'm supposed to dislike the guy? And for all the problems he supposedly created in the locker room back in 2008, it sure as hell fell apart without him in 2010, didn't it?

And "dignity and honor" while he'd be standing next to Ray "Where's the white suit?" Lewis?

They should have never let him in to begin with. Character should be part of the process. TO has none other than bad character. He is the ultimate *******. And going forward he gets a vote and will likely be a problem from now on in the process. No telling what he will be saying about other voters

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They should have never let him in to begin with. Character should be part of the process. TO has none other than bad character. He is the ultimate *******. And going forward he gets a vote and will likely be a problem from now on in the process. No telling what he will be saying about other voters
What do ******* mean?

pancakeman

Reaction score
And I'll ask you, show me another player that is top 3 at his position that didn't go as a first ballot? I can't remember it happening, and if it did, it's an outlier.
Show me another player with all that talent who team after team concluded wasn’t worth keeping on the team.
TO’s immaturity and narcissism lessened him as a player and teammate, and I think it’s legit that that cost him some first ballot votes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the loss to TO will be endorsements, speaking engagements stuff like that. Its a narcissistic move on TO part
That is likely sound speculation based on his history. Owens has consistently self-eroded his earnings potential for decades.

That said, I am equally uncertain he will ever be concerned enough to ever reverse the trend. Owens is charismatic, handsome and famous. These qualities have greatly benefited people with similar personality attributes financially within the entertainment arena.

However, Owens has always cared more about his (occasionally extreme) self-perception of right and wrong moreso than anything connected with the consequences of external perception. While that stance could be categorized as highly commendable from a self-conviction aspect, it is a self-sustaining perpetual policy destructive to personal earnings growth.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That is likely sound speculation based on his history. Owens has consistently self-eroded his earnings potential for decades.

That said, I am equally uncertain he will ever be concerned enough to ever reverse the trend. Owens is charismatic, handsome and famous. These qualities have greatly benefited people with similar personality attributes financially within the entertainment arena.

However, Owens has always cared more about his (occasionally extreme) self-perception of right and wrong moreso than anything connected with the consequences of external perception. While that stance could be categorized as highly commendable from a self-conviction aspect, it is a self-sustaining perpetual policy destructive to personal earnings growth.
Good contribution Dallas East' I better up my game

lostar2009

Reaction score
What the fuss here? Give him time like any other HOF just skip over his speech.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lol...what in the heck is TO losing by not going or giving a speech.

How about the respect of the other members of the HOF and according to a couple polls on national sites, the majority of NFL fans. Whiny boy is once again showing his 3 year old mentality. Gee they didn't vote me in 1st ballot so I'm not going to go to their ceremony. The thing he's been whining about, not being in the HOL and when they finally let him in he shows his 3 year old mentality again. I don't care what numbers he piled up in his 16 or 17 year career, he's no Professional and he isn't HOF material.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Yeah...he’ll have his ceremony...at whatever hick school (Chattanooga?) he attended, in front of whomever, and remembered by no one, lol!

Your tears are lovely.

TO really has “grown” adults in their feelings for not attending the ceremony.

Keep making em mad TO!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Show me another player with all that talent who team after team concluded wasn’t worth keeping on the team.
TO’s immaturity and narcissism lessened him as a player and teammate, and I think it’s legit that that cost him some first ballot votes.

How did it work out for all of those teams? Maybe they screwed up (the last few were just 1 yr rentals anyway).

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How about the respect of the other members of the HOF and according to a couple polls on national sites, the majority of NFL fans. Whiny boy is once again showing his 3 year old mentality. Gee they didn't vote me in 1st ballot so I'm not going to go to their ceremony. The thing he's been whining about, not being in the HOL and when they finally let him in he shows his 3 year old mentality again. I don't care what numbers he piled up in his 16 or 17 year career, he's no Professional and he isn't HOF material.

You know what the respect of others is worth? Zero.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

.....Randy Moss?

Had a falling out with the Vikings
Quit on the Raiders
Became a "locker room" distraction and got into an argument with Tom Brady
Was a locker room cancer against for the Vikings during his second stint

What is different with Randy Moss?