No longer America's Team

FVSTONE

Reaction score
America's Team! That title was bestowed on this organization back in 1978-79 because of this club's winning ways. Back when there was no NFL TV packages or cable TV in every home the Boys were earning the respect of their peers and fans around the world. People lived for Sundays and Mondays because the Boys for the most part got top billing, no matter who they were playing one of the three networks would show their games. This title grew even larger in the 90's. You couldn't go to a store, bar/club, gas station or church without seeing a Cowboy shirt, jacket or cap, it was crazy how people gravitated to this team. I use to get so pissed off when I would see a neighbor or friend break out something that pertained to the Dallas Cowboys because they were my team not theirs. In my mind I was thinking " These front runners trying to get on the bandwagon, I've been a fan during the lean years and now I have to share them with someone!". Then I realized the more the merrier, we can all pull for the Boys and at the same time talk s@$%^t about the bums in our division. Then Jerry Jones made the biggest blunder since he took ownership of this club, He chased off Jimmy Johnson because he couldn't stand the fact that he might be owner, but it was Jimmy's team. Jerry Jones has tried desperately to return this team back to it's glory days with no results and as far as I'm concerned has single handedly dethroned the whole organization to the point that the tile of America's Team is no longer warranted for this team. We as pissed off fans need to come up with a another title for this team, since they appear to have a permanent seat at the "BOTTOM FEEDER'S TABLE"!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
As I have stated many times on this board, the Dallas Cowboys organization stopped existing after their 1995 title. That was the end of the organization. What you have now is some parody of the team.

Havic

Reaction score
Cowboys lost the title a year before Aikman retired imo.

Patriots were America's team till Tom Brady left for Tampa

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Cowboys lost the title a year before Aikman retired imo.

Patriots were America's team till Tom Brady left for Tampa

Lmao at people still think "America's Team" is just whomever is winning at the time. When Dallas is doing bad, they are still the talk of the league. When New England withers away, no one even knows they exist. Huge difference.

But these goofy threads are tiredsome. Dallas will always be America's Team. The fact they haven't won anything at all in over 2 decades yet always kill the ratings and are the talk of the league proves the point.

Havic

Reaction score
Lmao at people still think "America's Team" is just whomever is winning at the time. When Dallas is doing bad, they are still the talk of the league. When New England withers away, no one even knows they exist. Huge difference.

But these goofy threads are tiredsome. Dallas will always be America's Team. The fact they haven't won anything at all in over 2 decades yet always kill the ratings and are the talk of the league proves the point.

Problem is Its not like New England withered away after 4 years, they were dominant for 15.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
We haven't been America's Team for years.

Sure, the ratings are the best. But I'd be willing to bet more people tune in to watch us lose and point and laugh at Jerry.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh crap not this again.

We ARE and ALWAYS will be AMERICA'S TEAM.

LIVE WITH IT, and stop trying to change history.

Nope. Things change. Dynasties rise and fall. Public opinion follows no track.

All we should care about is....is Dallas Cowboys OUR team? DO we CARE and admit them as family?

I happen to think some do not. If HERE..it is not fully our team and family in every way shape and form...why should the rest of America think it is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Things change. Dynasties rise and fall. Public opinion follows no track.

All we should care about is....is Dallas Cowboys OUR team? DO we CARE and admit them as family?

I happen to think some do not. If HERE..it is not fully our team and family in every way shape and form...why should the rest of America think it is.

I can care less what the rest of America thinks about it. It was a moniker given from NFL films and it stuck. It is part of NFL history.
To me it will always be that way.

Ky31

Reaction score
This is such a lame and tired take!! We always lead in attendance, ratings and overall football love or hate!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the cowboys are JERRY'S TEAM, not Americas team.
They are designed to be relevant,make money, and be entertaining, like a circus, it isnt designed to win championships.
And it will be that way for the next 10-20 years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can care less what the rest of America thinks about it. It was a moniker given from NFL films and it stuck. It is part of NFL history.
To me it will always be that way.
To you.....fine. You SHOULD call it jazzcat's team.

To America? Nobody cares about anything anymore. We don't even care about America let alone America's Team.