No more running down the middle

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Though the team site has him listed as 360, his combine weight was 327.

I'm going more with the latter.

AWoods is listed as 318. Higher than previous years, I think.
The team website is always off base and behind on news. I think information like height and weight is from the previous 2-3 years prior. Maybe longer. It never seems to be up to date. For example, FS Demonte Kazee is about 190-195 pounds but he’s listed as 174 (his college weight) on the team website.

lockster

Reaction score
Thi
I dub thee “Bossman Really Fat”.

Big boy will anchor down, require two guys to try to move him and the LB’s will just be running free to the ball.

I’m liking Quinn already.
This guys play will be the biggest help our defense could get this year. A big man in the middle like this , is gold if he can do the job. It's like getting two players in one.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Quinton Bohanna: 6'4", 335 lbs.

Finally, the Cowboys front office went and got us a big Nose Tackle who can clog up the middle against the run, take double/triple teams to help free up our LineBackers and possibly even provide some pressure up the middle against both the run and the pass.
:thumbup:

Watch...

Quinton gets it! He definitely gets it.

Hear his media UK Pro Day interview. Quinton is both mentally and physically ready for the NFL.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, he can't. You are projecting what you want him to do. He won't survive training camp that heavy. They will make him lose weight or get cut.

I don’t understand your opinion. Snacks Harrison is listed at 350 but has been known to ballon up to 360. This kid is a little smaller and much much more agile.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Zeke is heavier.

DKVB6DnVAAAipRf.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This fat slob is going to be fined for being too fat. Eventually, they'll just have to cut him.

Most guys lined up over center are big men, He knows his job and that is to clog up the middle to hold that middle ground. I recall a time Nate Newton was being fined yearly but after a while because his play was outstanding they gave up on fining him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most guys lined up over center are big men, He knows his job and that is to clog up the middle to hold that middle ground. I recall a time Nate Newton was being fined yearly but after a while because his play was outstanding they gave up on fining him.

And with his size, Bohana is more than capable of doing that job well. And stuffing runs up the middle.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I dub thee “Bossman Really Fat”.

Big boy will anchor down, require two guys to try to move him and the LB’s will just be running free to the ball.

I’m liking Quinn already.
Apparently Him and Boss man are really close like brothers. . . which I think is extreamly important considering they speak the same vernacular :muttley:

Deep Kuntry

Jarntt

Reaction score
I would hope not. We just need him to clog up the middle, push the pocket, and stuff the run. A few sacks would be nice, but simply clogging the middle, pushing the pocket, and stuffing the run is what he can do.
That would be ideal but if his College play is indicative of his Pro play he'll pretty much just clog the middle. From what I can gather he didn't have a lot of stops and didn't show much ability to push the pocket either. BUT, the good news is that is enough for us. We have other guys to do those things. As we all know, we desperately need someone to keep OL off of our LBs because they can't shed blocks for crap and we added a couple more in the draft that can run like the wind but also have trouble separating once engaged. I think if this kid works out it will be a big step in the right direction.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Let's not fall into the trap of thinking huge DT automatically equates to effective NFL run stopper. Poe dispelled that notion last season. But I do have high hopes for Bohannon in a limited role.