No more running down the middle

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody overrates a fat run defender like Zoners.

The entire league doesn't value these types but you got Cowboy fans wishing they could find one in the first round.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
As much as I like the pick and he seems like a good kid, I'm a little worried that he is already on a social media talking. I've had enough talk and no production from this defense . We need lunch pail type guys who leave it on the field.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I like the pick and he seems like a good kid, I'm a little worried that he is already on a social media talking. I've had enough talk and no production from this defense . We need lunch pail type guys who leave it on the field.

Also had our share of "Didn't say a word and didn't do anything" either.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure it will be more difficult for teams to run the ball for the 10 snaps a game he plays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a sad person you must be.
You must be obese to object to such an obvious statement. :cool: There is nothing sad about this overweight player getting fined or cut, it's just how the system works.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t understand your opinion. Snacks Harrison is listed at 350 but has been known to ballon up to 360. This kid is a little smaller and much much more agile.
You understand my opinion perfectly well, you just disagree with it. That's okay, we don't have to agree.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Kentucky had some success stopping the run last year.. but Bama ran right over them to the tune of over 220 yards and 5 TDs... Homeboy might wanna just keep quiet until he shows something.. Florida held Bama to 50 fewer rushing yards and 3 fewer rush TDs.. which is why I would have preferred one or two guys from THEIR defense to the Kentucky kids. But we got what we got.. Time to coach 'em up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Most guys lined up over center are big men, He knows his job and that is to clog up the middle to hold that middle ground. I recall a time Nate Newton was being fined yearly but after a while because his play was outstanding they gave up on fining him.
I saw Dan Quinn talking about what Bohanna's responsibility would be on the D-line. He said mostly he would lineup directly over the center but could shift a few inches left or right on occasion. He is said to be an intimidating presence.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
You understand my opinion perfectly well, you just disagree with it. That's okay, we don't have to agree.

I guess technically you are correct, I do understand that you think he is a fat slob. But so is Snacks Harrison and he has been one of the best run stoppers for the last ten years. So why can’t this kid become one?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I guess technically you are correct, I do understand that you think he is a fat slob. But so is Snacks Harrison and he has been one of the best run stoppers for the last ten years. So why can’t this kid become one?
No reason whats to ever but I think Snacks is a rare exception.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the fact that he's a true 1T should help with that. If he can clog the middle, rbs can't go where he is. This will buy the rest of the dline time to attack the RB. Oh, and then there's always Parsons whose specialty is stopping the run. The hesitation a RB will face going against Bohana would allow Parsons to rush through and take him down.
We need these guys to be attack dogs!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t understand your opinion. Snacks Harrison is listed at 350 but has been known to ballon up to 360. This kid is a little smaller and much much more agile.

Yeah I don't understand his logic. Even if he's overweight now, he will be ready for training camp.