No more running down the middle

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody overrates a fat run defender like Zoners.

The entire league doesn't value these types but you got Cowboy fans wishing they could find one in the first round.

You are right, no one overrates them, but most of them have one. If you have a bunch of lightweights on the defensive line; they will eventually be destroyed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If the team is good up the middle, it makes a big difference. Now, we need a kick butt FS to step up.

Exactly. And that's where someone like Bohanna is critical. It means running on us is difficult. I think the FS position will fix itself if we can get consistent front 7 play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I saw Dan Quinn talking about what Bohanna's responsibility would be on the D-line. He said mostly he would lineup directly over the center but could shift a few inches left or right on occasion. He is said to be an intimidating presence.

Yeah his job will be pretty much jamming the middle and getting a push up the middle. He was not drafted for pass rush skills his job is to anchor the middle of the line.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Kentucky had some success stopping the run last year.. but Bama ran right over them to the tune of over 220 yards and 5 TDs... Homeboy might wanna just keep quiet until he shows something.. Florida held Bama to 50 fewer rushing yards and 3 fewer rush TDs.. which is why I would have preferred one or two guys from THEIR defense to the Kentucky kids. But we got what we got.. Time to coach 'em up.
Thats unfair to him. If any good 1 tech went to a smaller school I'm sure alabama ran all over them too. NFL the field gets more leveled. I like the tape I saw recently and his attitude.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
As Poe taught us, fat is only useful if the player moves. If he just stands up and lets the center neutralize him as the RB glides by, his weight accomplishes nothing.

I get why people want a big DT. Its tiring watching the LB's get blown back as an O lineman hits them 1 second after the snap but a big DT is only useful if he can consistently beat 1 on 1 blocking. Without doing that, he is a traffic cone.