No NFL team should ever have uniforms that look anything like this trash

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
zg5xodra5vy58qonjdjp.jpg

Are you kidding me? All that bright lime green is an eye sore. What are they thinking? I saw some of the Seahawks versus the Rams game, and the Seahawks wore this garbage. The Rams are also looking really lame. They changed their iconic helmet logo. They wanted to go more modern and with softer, more touchy feely colors.

Both teams look awful, but especially the Seahawks. That totally lime green mess of a uniform is not of NFL quality. The Seahawks should return to their 1976 uniforms, and the Rams should return to their blue and white 1970s unis with the classic ram horn logo.

Both teams unis look like they were designed by some kid fresh out of graphic arts school who knows NOTHING bout the sport of football and is trying to make a splash.

RaZon

Reaction score
Eastern Washington's football field

Eastern-Washington-University.jpg

Maryland

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/Ie7i-AAP5h68_m75VsXdIvi8iqqgPerWVus5QynoSUdpjuc96xlHPg-GDMDnYr3wIBx7LmiMrt8T21fwFqrzqk2-RpkMQEACrztM0K29bfuh9tGLNA

Flamma

Reaction score
zg5xodra5vy58qonjdjp.jpg

Are you kidding me? All that bright lime green is an eye sore. What are they thinking? I saw some of the Seahawks versus the Rams game, and the Seahawks wore this garbage. The Rams are also looking really lame. They changed their iconic helmet logo. They wanted to go more modern and with softer, more touchy feely colors.

Both teams look awful, but especially the Seahawks. That totally lime green mess of a uniform is not of NFL quality. The Seahawks should return to their 1976 uniforms, and the Rams should return to their blue and white 1970s unis with the classic ram horn logo.

Both teams unis look like they were designed by some kid fresh out of graphic arts school who knows NOTHING bout the sport of football and is trying to make a splash.

Agreed. That hideous green is supposed to be highlighting to their darker color, not featured. I never liked it even when they used it in smaller amounts.

The Rams have devolved with their uniform. They went from what I thought was their best uniform, a mix of white, yellow, and blue, to their worst by far. They had a really nice uniform. It was a combination of their old blue and whites and yellow and blues. But what they're wearing now is the worst of any of them. There was another I didn't like. The one's with the actual color gold and blue. Still better than these.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Agreed. That hideous green is supposed to be highlighting to their darker color, not featured. I never liked it even when they used it in smaller amounts.

The Rams have devolved with their uniform. They went from what I thought was their best uniform, a mix of white, yellow, and blue, to their worst by far. They had a really nice uniform. It was a combination of their old blue and whites and yellow and blues. But what they're wearing now is the worst of any of them. There was another I didn't like. The one's with the actual color gold and blue. Still better than these.

What bugged me most about the Rams uniform change was replacing their iconic horn logo. That old horn logo was, in fact, the very first logo any NFL team ever put on a helmet. Their getting rid of that would have been like Coke getting rid of its hourglass-shaped bottle. Once a team has a look or a brand that works, they should stick with it. I think it's great that you can look at old footage of the Packers versus the Cowboys and both teams have basically the same unis as today.

I thought the Rams' blue, yellow, and white unis were okay, but I like the earlier blue and white ones better. But at least they both had their iconic helmet logo. Even the ones with the gold-colored horn at least used that same logo.

But Seattle's "special" nearly totally lime green uniform is one of the worst I've seen in any football league. I guess someone somewhere thought that was a good idea. Not all old uniforms are good, btw. The Broncos have some atrocious throwbacks. I don't mean the Orange Crush ones. I mean those ones with brown and yellow and vertical stripes on the socks. Awful. If they Broncos ever play in throwbacks, they should use the old Orange Crush uniforms. The Steelers also have some hideous throwbacks. I've never been a fan of their current black and yellow look, but that one is light years better than their atrocious throwbacks.

I also think the Jets were stupid to once again get rid of their Namath-era uniforms. The green-helmet ones they went with in the 80s were ugly, now the new green-helmet ones look almost as bad. They should have stuck with the Namath-era ones, so at least people will remember that that team actually won a Super Bowl ages ago, and it won it as a major underdog.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I don't really care about anything having to do with the Seachickens. I did watch them against the Ramettes last week and it was easy to follow their receivers on their routes.

Blake

Reaction score
Someone dropped a few gallons of highlighter ink into the wash.

Flamma

Reaction score
What bugged me most about the Rams uniform change was replacing their iconic horn logo. That old horn logo was, in fact, the very first logo any NFL team ever put on a helmet. Their getting rid of that would have been like Coke getting rid of its hourglass-shaped bottle. Once a team has a look or a brand that works, they should stick with it. I think it's great that you can look at old footage of the Packers versus the Cowboys and both teams have basically the same unis as today.

I thought the Rams' blue, yellow, and white unis were okay, but I like the earlier blue and white ones better. But at least they both had their iconic helmet logo. Even the ones with the gold-colored horn at least used that same logo.

But Seattle's "special" nearly totally lime green uniform is one of the worst I've seen in any football league. I guess someone somewhere thought that was a good idea. Not all old uniforms are good, btw. The Broncos have some atrocious throwbacks. I don't mean the Orange Crush ones. I mean those ones with brown and yellow and vertical stripes on the socks. Awful. If they Broncos ever play in throwbacks, they should use the old Orange Crush uniforms. The Steelers also have some hideous throwbacks. I've never been a fan of their current black and yellow look, but that one is light years better than their atrocious throwbacks.

I also think the Jets were stupid to once again get rid of their Namath-era uniforms. The green-helmet ones they went with in the 80s were ugly, now the new green-helmet ones look almost as bad. They should have stuck with the Namath-era ones, so at least people will remember that that team actually won a Super Bowl ages ago, and it won it as a major underdog.

Of course I agree on the Rams logo. It would be like the Vikings running their horned helmet. The Jets also have a hideous throwback of you recall. But yeah, their best uniform is the old ones by far. It's not even close in my opinion.

But the one team that changed for the better were the bills. They were brutally ugly back with the red helmet.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Of course I agree on the Rams logo. It would be like the Vikings running their horned helmet. The Jets also have a hideous throwback of you recall. But yeah, their best uniform is the old ones by far. It's not even close in my opinion.

But the one team that changed for the better were the bills. They were brutally ugly back with the red helmet.

I agree with you about the Bills. I'm glad they ditched the unis with the red helmets. The white ones look much better. Their current uniforms like like they were designed by someone smart and with good taste. The Seahawks uniforms look like they were designed by someone drunk on vodka and paint thinner.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If nothing else, I have never been a fan of having the jerseys and pants the same color. It's like "Gee, we can't afford but 2 pair of pants and 2 jerseys per player, so we have to have only two colors".

But that's just me...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I called these the human highlighter uniforms during their game with the 49ers. Some folks said they like them. :facepalm:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Eastern Washington's football field

Eastern-Washington-University.jpg

Maryland

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/Ie7i-AAP5h68_m75VsXdIvi8iqqgPerWVus5QynoSUdpjuc96xlHPg-GDMDnYr3wIBx7LmiMrt8T21fwFqrzqk2-RpkMQEACrztM0K29bfuh9tGLNA
God in heaven, how can anyone watch anything on that?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The Orlando Thunder jerseys in the World League in the early 90’s were even worse!!
Some of the old ones from years ago are atrocious… The Pittsburg and Green Bay throwback ones and that brown Denver one.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If nothing else, I have never been a fan of having the jerseys and pants the same color. It's like "Gee, we can't afford but 2 pair of pants and 2 jerseys per player, so we have to have only two colors".

But that's just me...

I'm okay with white jerseys and white pants, as in the old-style New York Jets away uniforms. But I agree with you about having solid color jerseys with the same solid color pants. Awful.

I'm glad the Dallas Cowboys' uniform has been basically the same for decades. I would only do minor tweaks to it. First, I would get rid of the green tinting in the home pants. That was put in there to make them look better on types of televisions that are no longer in use today. Just go with grey or bluish-grey pants or possibly bluish silver. I also preferred when they wear the Navy blue jerseys to have grey numbers rather than white.

I like the blue and white throwbacks okay, but just once, I would like to see royal blue jerseys with plain white numbers and then the 1976-style helmet with the red, white, and blue stripes -- but only used as an occasional throwback.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
zg5xodra5vy58qonjdjp.jpg

I am not sure but I think Nike is behind all the new uniforms, they probably design them and then try to sell them to the teams.
One thing that irks me is the Nike check icon all over the uniforms.
Also if a guy has long hair what is the point in having his name at the top?? you cant see it.

Also these clowns buying their college or HS numbers is starting to irk me too. Just weird to see the single digit numbers playing db, safety etc.

But yeah I liked the seahawks uni's and helmets before they went to the new dark green design, which just looks black to me it is so dark.
This lime green is awful I agree, cards have a bright red uni similar design.

I think they should get fan approval before changing helmets or uni's.

Alot of teams now have colors so dark they look black, so often you have a team that is just either black or B&W which I dont care for either.
But we are old timers, the younger fans might like this crap or just not care.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Every time my wife sees them play she tells me they have the best uniforms in football. :laugh:

There you go, maybe the demographic they’re aimed at?