Twitter: No preseason games proposed

fivetwos

Reaction score
Flags on every play. Let every team keep most all of there players and no cuts for the first 3 or 5
games or somethin.
Baseball has only a couple of extra active guys, but a pool of around 30 players in reserve, just in case.

I really think that if they insist each team makes cuts, and a handful of teams get into trouble, they are running the risk of not being able to finish if there isnt a very large practice squad this year.

What's the real harm in that? Other than money. Ehh, nevermind lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't think this hurts your top guys.Players don't need the preseason. Which is why this was proposed. If it helped the players they'd do it but it doesn't. This does help the fringe guys though who are on the bubble and they are the ones who will suffer IMO.
Right but more of those guys are going to have to be allowed to be kept.

For not wanting to pay a larger practice squad they may run the risk of games being canceled, and tv money given back if teams run into a series of infections.

They will get it right.

Honestly, the preseason for me was always about hoping guys wouldnt get hurt.

plasticman

Reaction score
Back in the days when Hong Kong was a haven for pirates, they had this particular, extremely cruel and torturous method of murder..

They would inform their prisoner that they would slice off an arm or leg once every week until he was dead. The night before, one of the pirates would come to him and pretend to be a rescuer. He would tell the prisoner to be brave, keep up hope. He would tell him that he might not get rescued until after the horrific amputation.

Each week, the night before the next amputation, this pirate would keep telling this prisoner the lie.

I used to imagine how this would feel to the prisoner, the hope....the pain.....still hope....more pain.

I'm beginning to understand the psychological devastation as this poor guy went through that horrific process.

Get it over with! Are we going to have a season or not?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right but more of those guys are going to have to be allowed to be kept.

For not wanting to pay a larger practice squad they may run the risk of games being canceled, and tv money given back if teams run into a series of infections.

They will get it right.

Honestly, the preseason for me was always about hoping guys wouldnt get hurt.
I mean I'll be honest....I enjoyed seeing the guys you'd never normally see. Its fun to see that guy out of nowhere to take the league by storm. I remember Dak's first preseason. Like now how do we get to even see guys like Ben Dinucci?

I understand not having preseason over actually having it because it doesn't really effect your top guys. But this will hurt rotations and fringe guys for sure.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean I'll be honest....I enjoyed seeing the guys you'd never normally see. Its fun to see that guy out of nowhere to take the league by storm. I remember Dak's first preseason. Like now how do we get to even see guys like Ben Dinucci?

I understand not having preseason over actually having it because it doesn't really effect your top guys. But this will hurt rotations and fringe guys for sure.
Not seeing Nooch is a problem that I didnt realize until now.

But youd figure we will see extensive intrasquad stuff that we usually dont get, and while it's far from ideal, its probably better than being shut down entirely....which isnt out of the question yet.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not seeing Nooch is a problem that I didnt realize until now.

But youd figure we will see extensive intrasquad stuff that we usually dont get, and while it's far from ideal, its probably better than being shut down entirely....which isnt out of the question yet.
Yeah very true.....the players say they want to play...I think if the NFL did something similar to what the NBA is doing with having players live in a bubble....it could work best that way. Not sure if tis realistic though.

Paradox

Reaction score
Made players hate preseason but it's necessary for coaches and guys who otherwise wouldn't get a shot. If you take it away then I agree the only solution is to expand the roster in some way, and watch the ugliness unfold on game day.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They need to delay the start of the season a month. Players can’t even do strength and conditioning until Aug 1. They should get a month of just strength/cardio work and then do practices in September. Start the season Oct 1.

Not giving time for guys to get in shape is asking for injuries and bad performance.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
At this point in the weirdness of 2020....I’ll just be thankful if we have football in any form.
Dayum the torpedos...full speed ahead.
Come on vattos....let’s get some ballin done
Puro Cowboys

NotForLong

Reaction score
Important for the team but not something to watch
Exactly but very very important.

This season is gonna be a **** show.

Cowboys are finally putting it all together and its the year of the apocalypse. I knew when the Blue Star drafted a Lamb it was all over

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Exactly but very very important.

This season is gonna be a **** show.

Cowboys are finally putting it all together and its the year of the apocalypse. I knew when the Blue Star drafted a Lamb it was all over

I still doubt there's going to be a season. If there is its going to really weird with no fans.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is stupid. What are they afraid of? Wouldn't a few pre season games give you an idea of how much this could spread? How does it make sense to find out in the regular season? I guess if you're going to hide under the bed, might as well wait for the cops to knock on the door.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So. In another month it’s gonna be ok to play games. Teams are gonna be a sloppy mess. If they do that they need make major changes. You have nothing but practice to see who makes the team.

Yes, I'd imagine they'd have to expand the rosters or have cutdowns after a few regular seasons.