No SB in 07... Dallas Cowboys 2008-09 15-1

StevenOtero

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;1869357 said:
Man this is BS. I can't believe what I am hearing.

We have everything to be proud of, and everything to hope for. We all knew going into this game we were not going to be in it. For a variety of reasons, and all of those reasons will be behind us in two weeks.

The Cowboys of mid season will be back on the field come January.

End of story!!!! :mad:
:hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:
WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. (07-08)

PERIOD.

I DO NOT think we will make it to the SB this year.

I can see us breaking another record next year.

I dont care how you dice it up, the 07 DC are NOT hungry enough to go all the way right now.

However, next year, think the franchise might realize it's time to dial it up another notch.

I don't even want to see NE and DAL in the SB in 07-08. I'd rather become the next NE in 08-09.

Flame me if you want, the truth is as I have stated.... NO for SB in 07-08.

To much floundering has occured in the last three games to expect a SB in 07.

Lets here some Elephant talk.

Forgive me if I don't give up on this season.

es22

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1868738 said:
Mrs. Cleo is that you???

No offense buddy, but it is ****** dumb to say I would rather not go to the bowl if it results in a loss.

I would rather go to the SuperBowl and lose every freaking year than sit home and watch. I guess "NFC CHAMPIONSHIP" doesnt mean anything to you.:rolleyes:

I dont want us to become another Buffalo Bills if it meant losing the SB.

On a side note, i do think we will pull through. NE will be a tough matchup for us, specifically vs Welker. I dont fear Moss, unless we dont press him. If we play any other team, we will have the advantage as we a more complete team.

Indy (struggles vs Wade's 3-4) and Jax (cant score with us).

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:

PERIOD.

I dont care how you dice it up, the 07 DC are NOT hungry enough to go all the way right now.

However, next year, think the franchise might realize it's time to dial it up another notch.

I don't even want to see NE and DAL in the SB in 07-08. I'd rather become the next NE in 08-09.

Then stop watchiong this team play, then stop coming to this forum and spewing doom & gloom. Stay away, I nor this team needs you!!

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:

PERIOD.

I needed a good :laugh2: :laugh2: today...thanks..

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Dallas had a 13-3 record, but are they really a dominant team? Without two miracle finishes, they'd be 11-5. During the second half of the year, the only two teams they really dominated were Philly and the Jets, and they also lost to one of those teams. Everybody else was pretty much in the game going into the fourth quarter.

I see them as a 11-5 calibre team with a 13-3 record. In this conference, that's still good enough to possibly get to a Super Bowl with a few breaks, but not a team that you'd expect to overpower anyone in the playoffs.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:

PERIOD.

you could make the argument that this team showed improving character compared to seasons past by actually winning those games that we normally lose.... most notably... the Lions game down the stretch..... the bills game gets an honorable mention....

maybe its baby steps... a little better each year in improving things where in the past we failed... didnt get it done.

In regard to this year and SB.... well.... I gotta tell ya.... I think NEXT YEARS CHAMPIONS ARE HERE A YEAR EARLY!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
StarKist;1868800 said:
If you believe your faith makes a difference, then why havent the DC won every game since you became a fan?

You've missed the point. I have faith not because I believe it affects the game. I have faith because I'm a fan and I'm willing to subject myself to the slings and arrows of supporting a team. I certainly don't look to protect myself from disappointment if they fail.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
punchnjudy;1869657 said:
Dallas had a 13-3 record, but are they really a dominant team? Without two miracle finishes, they'd be 11-5.

But we won teh 13 gamez!!!111!!!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
punchnjudy;1869657 said:
Dallas had a 13-3 record, but are they really a dominant team? Without two miracle finishes, they'd be 11-5.
Listen to yourself... OMG, we should be only 11-5!

Only 11-5? After we haven't won more than 10 games in, when a decade?

StylisticS

Reaction score
punchnjudy;1869657 said:
Dallas had a 13-3 record, but are they really a dominant team? Without two miracle finishes, they'd be 11-5. During the second half of the year, the only two teams they really dominated were Philly and the Jets, and they also lost to one of those teams. Everybody else was pretty much in the game going into the fourth quarter.

I see them as a 11-5 calibre team with a 13-3 record. In this conference, that's still good enough to possibly get to a Super Bowl with a few breaks, but not a team that you'd expect to overpower anyone in the playoffs.

This is rediculous. Without two miracle finishes, the Patriots are 14-2 instead of 16-0. But they won 16 games. :rolleyes:

triplets92

Reaction score
StarKist;1868701 said:
I've got faith as well, but the Dallas Cowboys are not going to Arizona in February.

No team that plays like the DC did today goes to the SB.

The Commanders game didn't matter to us. if we really wanted to beat the skins then we would have just like we did in the last game. the difference from the last time we saw rthe skins and yesterday is that we didn't really care and we showed it by not putting all of our weapons in. you know you say this DC team isn't hungry enough for it but if that was the case why are we right behind the past in almost every single offencive stat??? what is there a bunch of cowboys going to the probowl this year??? you can make you opinons that's fine but you have no real ground for making that comment. if your looking at the last game alone then no with that type of play i would say the same thing but look at the whole year when we destroyed all those other teams and tell me who in the playoffs in the NFC has the type of physical corners and secondary like the egles have. because that's the only other game besides the pats that we tried our hardest and lost.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Taz;1869290 said:
If you belive the boys will lose to pats/colts in the superbowl it woul b best not go go to the superbowl. I have heard there is a losing tema curse in the superbowl just ask the eagles or da bears.

I think the cowboys go and win the superbowl but losing would mean we would suck next year I would hate to see that.
I don't believe in curses. I do believe in mediocre teams on hot steaks getting to the Super Bowl and falling apart the next year.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Let us fast from these doom and gloom scenarios until there is an absolution, be it a glorious one or a disappointment let's wait until the verdict of the season has been delivered.

Silverstar

Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:

Go floundering back into your can starkist.

:laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I love these "truth" predictions.

Can I count on you for the Georgia lottery number? ;)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Don't get to the Superbowl cuz they might lose......?

Now THAT is some silly ****. Guess the thread-starter is not current on his/her "Championship Insurance" policy...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
punchnjudy;1869657 said:

A win is a win is a WIN. New England won some close ones too, or did you let all the hype over them make you overlook that little nugget of information?