No sense of urgency to beat Seattle

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes posting with that guy is like hammering your own hand over and over.
One thing about Greg, he is consistent and persistent and when he's dug in, you couldn't use dynamite to get him out.

He does have an agenda but it is not hidden, it's been there all along and it's not that posters don't disagree, they just get pissed when he stays on the same line.

I like posting with him and he puts up some good threads to discuss our own agendas. And he's the only poster here that dislikes Booger more than me. I take pride in the boy, he was one of my early converts. Back when that "he's not a good GM but the best owner" nonsense was going around and I was that voice in the wilderness. I remember how he responded when I asked "what's the most important job of the owner"? Most refused to respond to that but before Greg was "that guy", I was so I can relate to it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yea, it’s really great having a QB put up big numbers in a loss.

Much like our QB last era. As long as his stats are great then we can defend him. Maybe he can lead everyone’s fantasy team to victory.

If your QB is putting up big numbers and you're still losing odds are QB isn't your problem.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never like the idea of being gifted a win, as if in this case the 37 points before the onside kick didn’t play a part. Yes, the Falcons screwed up at the end, just as the Cowboys screwed up in the beginning. We could just as easily say the Cowboys gifted the Falcons a big lead.

But he won't. Because it destroys his agenda.

Creeper

Reaction score
Our season isn’t on life support after Falcons epic collapse last week saved us from the season killer 0-3 scenario.

NFC East is worst division in the league. 7 or 8 wins might be enough. We have several winnable games coming up in October. 1-2 might still lead the division.

A game we aren’t expected to win. Might even get blown out. Biggest concern is more injuries which could compromise easier upcoming schedule in Oct. I’d rest anyone with a lingering injury like Smith and Lawrence.

You play whoever is ready to play because you cannot the rest of the season. Maybe they need this game week 17? Plus, at some point the Cowboys need to beat a good team to know they can do it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our season isn’t on life support after Falcons epic collapse last week saved us from the season killer 0-3 scenario.

NFC East is worst division in the league. 7 or 8 wins might be enough. We have several winnable games coming up in October. 1-2 might still lead the division.

A game we aren’t expected to win. Might even get blown out. Biggest concern is more injuries which could compromise easier upcoming schedule in Oct. I’d rest anyone with a lingering injury like Smith and Lawrence.

For some reason I have a weird sense about how the team will do going into a game.

I can usually spot a dud of a game a mile away.

Tomorrow you will get the Cowboys best effort.. This is the type of game they turn up for.

Underdogs on a big stage? That’s how you get their attention.

Just don’t tell them how great they are because they eat the cheese.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
One thing about Greg, he is consistent and persistent and when he's dug in, you couldn't use dynamite to get him out.

He does have an agenda but it is not hidden, it's been there all along and it's not that posters don't disagree, they just get pissed when he stays on the same line.

I like posting with him and he puts up some good threads to discuss our own agendas. And he's the only poster here that dislikes Booger more than me. I take pride in the boy, he was one of my early converts. Back when that "he's not a good GM but the best owner" nonsense was going around and I was that voice in the wilderness. I remember how he responded when I asked "what's the most important job of the owner"? Most refused to respond to that but before Greg was "that guy", I was so I can relate to it.
I am... so happy for you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I have a weird sense about how the team will do going into a game.

I can usually spot a dud of a game a mile away.

Tomorrow you will get the Cowboys best effort.. This is the type of game they turn up for.

Underdogs on a big stage? That’s how you get their attention.

Just don’t tell them how great they are because they eat the cheese.

They have surprised against the Seahawks several times.

catiii

Reaction score
NO
MORE
MORAL
VICTORIES
OR GARBAGE TIME STATS.
THE TIME HAS COME TO WIN AGAINST CHAMPIONSHIP PEDIGREE TEAMS, NOT JUST THE DREGS.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO
MORE
MORAL
VICTORIES
OR GARBAGE TIME STATS.
THE TIME HAS COME TO WIN AGAINST CHAMPIONSHIP PEDIGREE TEAMS, NOT JUST THE DREGS.
This means it's just a matter of time. I do believe that most would say it's past time.

cern

Reaction score

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Passive/aggressively down the stream.
Then when someone calls you out,
Play the victim card.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think some of y’all are happier with a loss than a win. It’s depressing.
It's kind of crazy that people here just seem unhappy all the time!
Why torture yourselves?
If I was unhappy all the time following something, I'd find something else to do.

Maybe they like it, like some weird fetish. Punish me daddy Cowboys!
More power to them, I guess. I'm not someone to stop anybody from doing anything.
It's difficult to understand though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troll, troll, troll your boat
Passive/aggressively down the stream.
Then when someone calls you out,
Play the victim card.

Isn't that the truth?

Start in with talk about a "circle jerk" and then cry about name-calling.

Oh the hypocrisy!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's kind of crazy that people here just seem unhappy all the time!
Why torture yourselves?
If I was unhappy all the time following something, I'd find something else to do.

Maybe they like it, like some weird fetish. Punish me daddy Cowboys!
More power to them, I guess. I'm not someone to stop anybody from doing anything.
It's difficult to understand though.

A2QW.gif