No sense of urgency to beat Seattle

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our season isn’t on life support after Falcons epic collapse last week saved us from the season killer 0-3 scenario.

NFC East is worst division in the league. 7 or 8 wins might be enough. We have several winnable games coming up in October. 1-2 might still lead the division.

A game we aren’t expected to win. Might even get blown out. Biggest concern is more injuries which could compromise easier upcoming schedule in Oct. I’d rest anyone with a lingering injury like Smith and Lawrence.

Hmmm. The trade off of risk to players vs. the win is an interesting one here.

Smith would/should take Steele off the field, not Knight, which is a bigger upgrade. Also, this isn't just *a* game. This is a conference game against a playoff team. Big deal for playoff seeding.

Seattle is favored but I think this game is very winnable if we make it a shootout.

With Seattle's weak secondary, it could have been a game to go 4 WR, but we chose to go with a ST squad for our backup WRs. Would be nice to have more speed at WR to attack their weak point.

fansince68

Reaction score
Winning will help for sure. In regards to Dak. Saying the cowboys need to win in order to silence critics, just points to those critics being unreasonable.

If Dak plays great but the team loses because the defense gives up a ton of points and forces zero turnovers. Then critics shouldn’t be saying “Dak can’t win the big games”. That’s just them being unreasonable critics.

Dak definitely needs to play very well though. It will hurt his viewing if he lays an egg. No doubt.
One of the nicks on Daks resume is the fact that he lost most of the games like this last season. And a good portion of the problem were errors on Daks part. It would be great if we win and Dak only completes for 160 yards. That would mean either or all these reasons: Zeke and the line and clicking, the defense is clicking, we are getting turnovers and converting them into scores.

HungryLion

Reaction score
One of the nicks on Daks resume is the fact that he lost most of the games like this last season. And a good portion of the problem were errors on Daks part. It would be great if we win and Dak only completes for 160 yards. That would mean either or all these reasons: Zeke and the line and clicking, the defense is clicking, we are getting turnovers and converting them into scores.

Sure a part of the problem was on Dak.

The point I’m making is. Just saying “if the cowboys lose how will critics see it on Dak”.

just knowing win/loss isn’t enough. What happens in the game? How does Dak play? How does the rest of the team play. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Anyone who judges solely on win/loss is being myopic.

fansince68

Reaction score
Sure a part of the problem was on Dak.

The point I’m making is. Just saying “if the cowboys lose how will critics see it on Dak”.

just knowing win/loss isn’t enough. What happens in the game? How does Dak play? How does the rest of the team play. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Anyone who judges solely on win/loss is being myopic.
I hear you bro. But Dak didnt get the contract that he wants and deserves despite having practically the top rated offense and almost 5,000 yards passing. 8-8 will have a negative effect on Daks future for sure whether its deserved or not.