No win situation with the media...so forget about them!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This team is in a no-win situation with the media...so they need to stop worrying about the media. If they had lost to the Bengals they would have been crucified by the media. Had they won by 50 the media would have said "that is what you should have done, it's the Bengals". Because they ONLY won by 9 the media said "they won, but it was not pretty".

This is not high school or college football. These are not rookies. Many of these guys have been in Dallas long enough to know the drill. They cannot continue to allow the media to get under there skin. It is only week 5 and some of the coaches and the players are showing signs of a meltdown. And for the life of me I cannot understand it. Because of the way last year ended, this team will not be judged by regular season success. How they perform in the playoffs is how this team will be judged. But to get there they need to stack wins. Especially in what looks to be the toughest division in football.

Each player on this team needs to focus on doing there job. And having fun while doing it. We cannot fast forward to December. These guys know that how they play late in the season is what everyone is waiting to see. But they cannot wait until then to "turn it on". Same thing goes for the coaches. Just do your job and stack wins. These guys look like they are wound tighter than a fist.

Even though we have not won a postseason game in forever...we have a target on our backs every week. The Packers have not looked the same since they played us. Neither have the Eagles. This is the way it is in Dallas. Jerry Jones larger then life persona and relentless marketing of this team (Hard Knocks) makes teams want to beat us even more. But it is what it is.

There is enough talent and depth on this team to calmly stack wins. These next 2 road games are very important. The most important thing is to win. This is the NFL. These are road games against talented teams. And when you add the "extra gear" teams engage when playing us, we just need to play well and win. The margin of victory will take care of itself. But to let the media distract you from your goals so early in the season because you are not crushing teams seems childish/unprofessional in my opinion.

Lastly, I have said it before and I will say it again. It is much more interesting for the media to write negative stories about Dallas as opposed to positive stories. So these highly paid professional NFL players need to stop worrying about what these pencil pushers have to say. Most of them are jealous of the fame, fortune and money these players possess. And they desire nothing more than to achieve satisfaction through seeing the players become unnerved by what they write.