Noah Brown, The steal of the Draft?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yeah and 3 TEs. Witten, Swaim, Gathers. I think they move on from Hanna.

You can't keep 5 if 2 of those are Beasley and Switzer. They are limited players. They provide nothing for you outside. You'd have just one backup on the active roster for your starters. I think when you make the decision to draft Switzer you're either moving on from Beasley (highly unlikely) or you're keeping an extra WR on the 53. That could be Brown or it just as easily could come from roster cuts in the summer.

look at like roster:
QB: 2
RB: 3
FB: 1
OL: 9 - tsmith, FA guy, green, cleary, cooper, collins, martin, looney, tfred
TE: 4 - witten, rico, swaim, hanna
WR: 6
Special team - 3
DL: 10
LB: 6
DB: 10

Total come out to 54
We will likely have at least 1 injury - that comes out to 53 already (knock on wood).
Hanna could well get pup.
obvious assume no udfa
brown's potential is interest - could be this year's rico

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Oh, my communication was effective. You just didn't understand it. But my explanation made perfectly good sense. I can't help if your reading and comprehension levels are merely past the third grade.

You pop off but don't understand words and their meaning.
The title of the thread is "Noah Brown, the Steal of the Draft"?
The title uses an article - "The". The article "the" is specific. It only has one designation. If it were to apply to a non-specific player, it would be "Noah Brown: 'A' steal of the draft."
Therefore, the original poster, if he is being precise with language, is saying that Noah Brown will be THE steal of the draft.
So how do you measure THE steal? It would have to be a player who was taken lower but made the greater contribution or had the greater accomplishments based on his draft position.
Last year, it was Dak. Why? Because Dak was taken in the fourth round, but he had as his accomplishments:
1. Starting Day 1.
2. Leading his team to a 13-3 record, tying Roethlisberger's record.
3. Breaking Tom Brady's record for passes without an interception.
4. Winning the Rookie of the Year award.

No other player drafted lower than Dak accomplished more. Therefore, he is THE steal of the draft - at this moment.
Your argument focuses on a general definition when the phrase "The Steal of the Draft" speaks about a specific player.

That's why I said Noah Brown would have to be Jerry Rice to be the steal of the draft, especially in a draft as deep as this one. His accomplishments would have to be more pronounced than any of the players taken below him. Jerry Rice stats would just about do that.

Now, before you go running your mouth - or pounding your fingers - about who doesn't make sense, you might want to go back to school and learn grammar, vocabulary, definitions and how to use words. Because if anyone doesn't understand, it's you.

Hope that helps. ;)
That was a written *** whoopin'

rkell87

Reaction score
I think Butler is a near-lock, but they will like this guy Brown's blocking. They interview the WR coach on the radio the other day, and he is adamant about WRs blocking. Butler was not that good as a blocker last year. TWill and even Lucky were better blockers than him. Brown appears to love blowing up DBs with his blocks.
Linebackers and safeties too

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm not overly enamored with Brown as much as others seem to be. He registered 33 total catches in career and relatively speaking, is a marginal athlete. Equally, I don't understand the hate with Brice Butler. He's quite literally the 5th receiving option on the team behind (Dez, Witten, Beasley and Williams). He's a much better athlete than Brown gives the receiving corp a dimension that isn't provided elsewhere in terms of size and speed.

I personally like the the variety and depth between Dez, T-Will, Beasley, Switzer and Butler.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not overly enamored with Brown as much as others seem to be. He registered 33 total catches in career and relatively speaking, is a marginal athlete. Equally, I don't understand the hate with Brice Butler. He's quite literally the 5th receiving option on the team behind (Dez, Witten, Beasley and Williams). He's a much better athlete than Brown gives the receiving corp a dimension that isn't provided elsewhere in terms of size and speed.

I personally like the the variety and depth between Dez, T-Will, Beasley, Switzer and Butler.
Brown compares athletically to Dez and even had the same college WRs coach. He's raw due to an injury and a lousy QB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He doesn't compare athletically to Dez at all. His hieght and weight is similar and that it.
To me Brown is the big bodied WR project you hope you can mold into a usuable player. He has some traits to work with. PS candidate, a great camp may have them thinking 6 WR. If they go 6 deep somewhere he is probably competing with White for a roster spot. Brown could probably stay on PS all season. With the nature of CB's White is more likey to get poached.

Outside of JuJu and Switzer, it doesn't seem they were too worried about WR. Next year could be a different story

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
To me Brown is the big bodied WR project you hope you can mold into a usuable player. He has some traits to work with. PS candidate, a great camp may have them thinking 6 WR. If they go 6 deep somewhere he is probably competing with White for a roster spot. Brown could probably stay on PS all season. With the nature of CB's White is more likey to get poached.

Outside of JuJu and Switzer, it doesn't seem they were too worried about WR. Next year could be a different story

I have pretty much the same take. I just think the idea of him beating out Brice Butler is way too premature. Butler seems to be getting the Crayton treatment by some. If Dez or Williams were to go down for an extended period of time, I'll take my chances with Butler all day over Brown to step-in as a starter on the outside.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have pretty much the same take. I just think the idea of him beating out Brice Butler is way too premature. Butler seems to be getting the Crayton treatment by some. If Dez or Williams were to go down for an extended period of time, I'll take my chances with Butler all day over Brown to step-in as a starter on the outside.
Its New Toy Syndrome. You can never expect a player taken that late to beat out a contributor. But because they are new, alot of people expect him to. Andy Jones is just as likely to push them to go long at WR then Brown

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its New Toy Syndrome. You can never expect a player taken that late to beat out a contributor. But because they are new, alot of people expect him to. Andy Jones is just as likely to push them to go long at WR then Brown

Agreed, but I think this one may be a little different.

He came out way to early as a sophomore and he clearly has talent.

The QB at tOSU didn't help him much either.

There could be something here.

waldoputty

Reaction score
----------JuJu--------Noah
weight--215----------222
height--6'1"-----------6'2"
40-------4.54---------4.56
cone----6.93--------7.07
shuttle--4.18--------4.33
reps-------15----------19

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He doesn't compare athletically to Dez at all. His hieght and weight is similar and that it.
I didn't disagree with your previous posts about beating out Butler, I actually think you made a pretty good point, but this shows that you don't know the player at all. The combine/pro day numbers are comparable if not better than Dezs. And as much as I hate to reference youtube highlight videos, just watch a couple of Brown, and come back and tell me that he doesn't play similar to Dez. I get the college numbers aren't there, but the raw skills are. He still needs to learn to play WR, but had he not been in such a run heavy offense at Ohio State he could have put up some solid numbers on athleticism alone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

So true.

I don't get the Butler hate.

Our #2 WR's here get no love.

Being a #2 WR in a Jason Garrett offense is a thankless job. He can barely get the right usage out of his #1 WR so what do you think the #2 is going to be like.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I didn't disagree with your previous posts about beating out Butler, I actually think you made a pretty good point, but this shows that you don't know the player at all. The combine/pro day numbers are comparable if not better than Dezs. And as much as I hate to reference youtube highlight videos, just watch a couple of Brown, and come back and tell me that he doesn't play similar to Dez. I get the college numbers aren't there, but the raw skills are. He still needs to learn to play WR, but had he not been in such a run heavy offense at Ohio State he could have put up some solid numbers on athleticism alone.

Yeah, I actually do know the player which is why I'm commenting on him. You happen to disagree with me.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's not up to him, it's up to the new guys. We already know what Butler is. If either Brown (Noah, Brian) or Andy Jones shows out he's gone. I don't see how you can argue that.
I think Butler has a problem. Andy Jones appears to have somebody impressed. Noah Brown I see on the reserves.
If Andy lights up the pre-season games Butler better have one heck of training camp+`

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Steal of the draft? :huh:
He'd have to have a Jerry Rice career to be the steal of the draft.
hardly. A Jerry Rice type is a once in a decade player - or greater - you don't need to find that high of a player to be the steal of the draft