Not excited about the season at all

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is probably the least excited I’ve been for a season in a good while.

The roster has regressed.

The front office did next to nothing this off-season.

It’s just a bunch of blah and Dallas made no real effort to improve at all.

Im sure they’ll force feed Zeke even though Pollard is clearly better and Dak will get every excuse in the world for not being anything special while getting a special contract.

The only hope is some superstar guys coming out of nowhere but after Tyron Smiths injury it just feels like a typical Cowboys season incoming.

Jipper

Reaction score

Im sure they’ll force feed Zeke even though Pollard is clearly better and Dak will get every excuse in the world for not being anything special while getting a special contract.

The only hope is some superstar guys coming out of nowhere but after Tyron Smiths injury it just feels like a typical Cowboys season incoming.

I get what you are saying but how do you expect people to respond?

you have more than enough posts here to know this site.

All I can say is screw the other teams, go cowboys and lean on your fellow fans here to lift you up.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
wambulance.gif

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

Yeah I feel about the same. Feels like we’re ahead of schedule for the same ol stuff we’ve seen for almost 30 years

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was with you ...until you said Pollard "clearly better". Ummmm better how? Protecting Dak? Being game planned to stop?

Look....We need BOTH of them okay? We need a good offensive line.

We need Moore to be able to design the game plan for both RB to succeed in what they do best,

I get it...you slipped that one in.....very clever. Moore DOES "forcefeed zeke"...like an idiot. three delay handoffs up the middle while the center trips over the QB feet before the handoff even happens. Then...like you...claim the running game sucks, zeke is done...... and passes 55 times to go lose the game.

Tony Pollard is better at what Tony Pollard does. Zeke is better at what Zeke does. We should be thrilled with both but you can;t seem to blame the right person for it.,

Give Emmitt Smith 12 carries a game and see what HE does.

glimmerman

Reaction score

K… bye

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I can see the indifference and understand but I’m ready

Brax

Reaction score

I have watched the cowboys and football since 63 the one thing that is constant is that’s why they play the games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I may not be excited about the Cowboys but I’m excited about the season because I’m an NFL fan. I love watching NFL football. If I allowed the Cowboys prospects every season to affect my enjoyment I wouldn’t even bother watching football. Everyone should be used to watching the Cowboys go nowhere, they haven’t done anything in 27 years. They could have gone 3-14 last season and you wouldn’t have as many fans down on the team as there is now. What an incredible let down to watch the Cowboys go 12-5 only to go one and done in the playoffs, then do nothing to improve the team during the offseason.

All the Cowboys did was allow good players to get away and downgrade at those positions. I don’t expect them to be very good in 2022 but I’m still revved up for the NFL season. The one positive from the Cowboys having a bad season is the entertainment you get on this board from fans suffering breakdowns. Lol It’s classic comedy watching fans tear Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team apart after every loss. It’s sure to be a free-for-all this season. :laugh:

Chuck 54

Reaction score

I feel sorry for you. From the beginnings in the 60’s to the sorrow of the 80’s and through the past two decades, I’m always excited to see the Cowboys run out to the field every year, win or lose. Maybe next year you’ll feel that again.

JPostSam

Reaction score
we have the best roster in the division.
we have a lot of good young talent.
we have holes and unknowns... but so do about 29 other teams.
i'm not expecting the '92 cowboys, but i'm expecting more good days than bad days this year.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I get it. I always want the Cowboys to win but my interest level is pretty low. Been golfing quite a bit and I am as likely to gamecast from the course as I am to watch it on TV.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I may not be excited about the Cowboys but I’m excited about the season because I’m an NFL fan. I love watching NFL football. If I allowed the Cowboys prospects every season to affect my enjoyment I wouldn’t even bother watching football. Everyone should be used to watching the Cowboys go nowhere, they haven’t done anything in 27 years. They could have gone 3-14 last season and you wouldn’t have as many fans down on the team as there is now. What an incredible let down to watch the Cowboys go 12-5 only to go one and done in the playoffs, then do nothing to improve the team during the offseason.

All the Cowboys did was allow good players to get away and downgrade at those positions. I don’t expect them to be very good in 2022 but I’m still revved up for the NFL season. The one positive from the Cowboys having a bad season is the entertainment you get on this board from fans suffering breakdowns. Lol It’s classic comedy watching fans tear Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team apart after every loss. It’s sure to be a free-for-all this season. :laugh:
Lots of people give up and quit easily. You have lots of company.

TheCritic

Reaction score
To each his own. I see a team that dumped some overhyped overpriced talent, got younger, has a number of second-third year players on the verge of breakout years and a top 5 defense. Plus we didn't just lose Tyron. He's been undependable for a few seasons now. Having Tyler Smith as LT is an upgrade from having Steele at LT.

It may take a few games to get things solidified but it'll be worth it when December comes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You could have just posted your feelings here instead of starting a new thread about it.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-get-excited-every-year.498270/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lots of people give up and quit easily. You have lots of company.

I may not be excited about the Cowboys prospects this season but I never give up. I wasn’t excited about their prospects entering the 2014 season and neither was anyone else but it ended up being one of their better seasons. Every time fans are down on them they seem to play better than expected. We’ll see if that holds true this season. However I can’t remember them losing this much talent in one offseason.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I may not be excited about the Cowboys prospects this season but I never give up. I wasn’t excited about their prospects entering the 2014 season and neither was anyone else but it ended up being one of their better seasons. Every time fans are down on them they seem to play better than expected. We’ll see if that holds true this season. However I can’t remember them losing this much talent in one offseason.
I don’t think they lost much talent, if any. Cooper was a cancer. Gregory was a cancer. Addition by subtraction so we can agree to disagree on that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think they lost much talent, if any. Cooper was a cancer. Gregory was a cancer. Addition by subtraction so we can agree to disagree on that.

You really have no clue if you think Cooper was a cancer. You obviously don’t know what the word means when describing a player. Gregory wasn’t a cancer he just couldn’t be depended on. Both he and Coop were good teammates. I’ve been following the Cowboys since 1972 and I’ve never seen them take such a hit on one side of the ball. They’ll be opening the season against Tampa with five starters gone from last year on offense plus they lost a significant role player in Cedrick Wilson. The Cowboys could field a high school JV squad in the opener and you would criticize anyone who didn’t like their chances.