Not going to defend the FO anymore

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I read they can restructure several contracts to get another $15-$20 million if they want right away. I am pretty sure all teams are doing it to sign who they want anyways. The cap number goes up every year and they just kick contracts around. I think they could easily sign one or two high priced FA's but they just choose not to (because of Brandon Carr) and I am not against them not doing it but at a position of need I accept it a lot easier. Demarcus Lawrence should not be busting our cap. He's an 8 sack guy, he's not worth QB money IMO. Now if he was pulling 12-15 sacks per yr I'd prolly feel different. DLaw even if he signs a big deal won't be a full cap hit, they'll do signing bonus stuff and backload it to lower the cap hits. They always do.

Restructuring is mortgaging the future. That's how we got here in the first place. No way can they sign two high priced FA's. They don't have the money. Unless you are manufacturing it at the expense of the future.

Cooper, Jones, Jaylon Smith, Zeke, Dak all coming up in the next two years.

stiletto

Reaction score
"after we sign Dak and another guy" genius. LOL

I sent you a link showing 25 million and told you 5 times now its 25 million.

I know that it looks like a lot, but after the resign Dak and someone else, that money is gone.

Are you THAT challenged that you cant read?

Do the math genius. LOL Dak is getting around 25 million. So without Dak we have 25 million. With Dak signed its gone.

Talk about laughably clueless. LOL

Dak's cap number will be around $14-15 million I bet with the way they structure it. When Romo got his $108 million contract that's how it worked. Big signing bonus, cap hit was $12 mil per back then.. Dak will get similar probably.

RamziD

Reaction score
Restructuring is mortgaging the future. That's how we got here in the first place. No way can they sign two high priced FA's. They don't have the money. Unless you are manufacturing it at the expense of the future.

You can keep enough of those guys together for the next 3-4 years to make a run at multiple SBs. The days of NFL dynasties are over. NE will be the end of an era once Brady retires. There’s too much parity now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak's cap number will be around $14-15 million I bet with the way they structure it. When Romo got his $108 million contract that's how it worked. Big signing bonus, cap hit was $12 mil per back then.. Dak will get similar probably.

Ok, and then you sign Cooper for 16 million. All gone.

Then you still have Zeke, Jones, Jaylon. Maybe you can sign a guy for like 10 million and do a restructure. But Im happy they didn't shell out 15 million for a 30 year old safety. This team needs DL help if anything.

stiletto

Reaction score

It's probably good they learned their lesson but it could be done.

stiletto

Reaction score
Then you still have Zeke, Jones, Jaylon. Maybe you can sign a guy for like 10 million and do a restructure. But Im happy they didn't shell out 15 million for a 30 year old safety. This team needs DL help if anything.

I think Earl would've been different, sort of like Cooper was. We were due for a home run in FA. Doesn't matter now, hopefully we draft a good one. Heath has to be upgraded. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can keep enough of those guys together for the next 3-4 years to make a run at multiple SBs. The days of NFL dynasties are over. NE will be the end of an era once Brady retires. There’s too much parity now.

All you can do is remain competitive over the long term. Coaching and scheme are more important then ever because you have to overcome parody and adversity with injuries.

Until we have A HC and scheme that can give us an advantage instead of a disadvantage, we are toast.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Earl would've been different, sort of like Cooper was. We were due for a home run in FA. Doesn't matter now, hopefully we draft a good one. Heath has to be upgraded. LOL

Arias the safety from the Bears for 9 million would have been nice.

RamziD

Reaction score
All you can do is remain competitive over the long term. Coaching and scheme are more important then ever because you have to overcome parody and adversity with injuries.

Until we have A HC and scheme that can give us an advantage instead of a disadvantage, we are toast.

The problem with the Cowboys is we’re always at least 2 years behind in making important moves.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't people on this forum get tired of complaining and whining about the same things over and over and over again? It does nothing but help all of us become a little more insane in regards to the team we love. But then again, some people are already there lmao. Yes, wah wah our FO sucks blah blah. Cowboys fans are pre-madonnas I swear lol.

tm1119

Reaction score
Ok, and then you sign Cooper for 16 million. All gone.

Cooper is already under contract for $14M. Care to keep showing how little you actually know while continuously acting like or pompous ***?

Or keep going...it’s pretty amusing

foofighters

Reaction score
I know everybody is tired of hearing this and the thread will probably be merged anyway, but here it goes.

I’ve, for the most part, defended the FO strategy of not being too aggressive on top level free agents. I didn’t like that we were missing out on those guys, but saw incremental improvement and hoped their strategy would eventually pay off and be a sustainable way to keep the team SB competitive.

Helman’s latest tweet said we would continue this strategy now for the 6th year in a row. Where has this gotten us? Nowhere. We lucked into Prescott. If we had it our way, we would be stuck with Paxton Lynch as our QB. Maybe we overestimate how shrewd we are in the draft. Other teams use all available resources to make big turnarounds in much shorter time.

The FO strategy is only going to keep us perpetually stagnant. ET probably would’ve been a Cowboy for 4/$52M and would be a multiplier for our defense. Yet the FO quibbles over $2M/year while having no problem giving money to an unretiring Jason Witten, Jamize Olawale, and picking up $6.25M on Hurns who just suffered a horrific leg injury. This makes zero sense. The FO continues to show their incompetence and can’t be defended anymore.
Do you need us to remove the sharp objects from your desk?

kevm3

Reaction score
Don't people on this forum get tired of complaining and whining about the same things over and over and over again? It does nothing but help all of us become a little more insane in regards to the team we love. But then again, some people are already there lmao. Yes, wah wah our FO sucks blah blah. Cowboys fans are pre-madonnas I swear lol.

No we get tired of LOSING over and over. We get tired of second round playoff exits if we even make the playoffs at all. At one point, cowboys fans expected competence from their team, but now, it's excuse after excuse. We're primmadonnas for expecting for than a few playoff wins in TWENTY+ years and a front office that refuses to deviate from that same losing formula?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Our guys

We like them
IMG0833.jpg

RamziD

Reaction score
No, I’m just smart enough to know I don’t know more than the FO does. You aren’t.

You should probably apply for a low level staffer job with the organization then instead of partaking in a fan message board.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All this FO does rebuild. It keeps us in the thick of the NFC East title but nothing more. Before we know it the FO will have wasted more players careers.

Number1

Reaction score
1. I’m not the only one who wanted us to sign ET

2. They could cut Hurns and save money. They also didn’t have to sign Witten or Olawale who likely aren’t going to be worth what we have them.

3. I’d go for it all this year and ET would definitely help us there. I’d draft a CB in the 3rd for insurance if we can’t hold onto Jones. Also, a lot can happen year to year.

yep, there are lots of people who think like that

I don't see how an undersized 30yo FS can help a D that allowed 270 rushing yards up the gut when last seen

RamziD

Reaction score
yep, there are lots of people who think like that

I don't see how an undersized 30yo FS can help a D that allowed 270 rushing yards up the gut when last seen

Well, he’s not a DT, but maybe you can watch his past performance to understand how he can help a defense.