Not going to kick a man while he's down...

Reaction score
Just want to say good game. In spite of the losing part for you cowboy fans we all saw some great football played yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Both QB's threw away some opportunities, I know Ben had at least one sure touchdown throw that should have been completed and Ward dropped a big first down toss wide open, Holmes dropped a few like he always does...etc.

And of course we all know Romo let you guys down on some plays too, I wont bother listing them because you pay TO far too much money to do that for you and he started flapping his gums on the sideline just like I knew he would...

I think there are a few things we Steeler fans deserve to point out.

Harrison vs. Ware
The talk going into the game was Harrison isn't worthy of the comparison. The results of the game however prove Harrison was the better player in the game where it counts. Thinking you know which player will end up with better career stats means nothing to me.

Romo vs. Roethlisberger
Practically an even tie except the huge interception category.

I'll take Roethlisberger over Romo everyday even though Romo might be a better pocket passer and he also has similar skills for extending the play avoiding the sack.
Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion and the confidence of a champion that Romo doesn't seem to be able to muster when it really counts. Winning the game is always on his mind..right in front to the exclusion of any other thoughts! No doubts, no anger, no frustrations just KEEP FIGHTING! I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...in that game Roethlisberger broke the record for the most wins for a QB in the first five years! So yea, I pick Ben and his potential over Romo who is already all he's going to be.....

I think both offensive teams got owned by the opposing defenses but the Cowboys offense is playing closer to their potential best than the Steelers are so for Steeler fans we see the potential for much more improvement than you guys do.

On the other side the Steelers defense obviously played better than the Cowboys defense did and I seriously doubt the Cowboys could top the Steelers D this season.

Anyway, I usually would hope to meet and destroy you guys in the Superbowl but I think I'll be hoping to meet the Giants instead because we let them beat us earlier so for bragging rights I want our team to be the ones to take down the reigning champs.

Good luck cowboys (except when the Steelers are playing).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lol.

Yes harrison is clearly the better player.

sure thing.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I have a newfound sympathy for you guys who live in Steeler country. Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest lot I've ever seen -- and we're in the same division as Philly.

utrunner07

Reaction score
wow. you need to go back and rewatch that game because we basically gift wrapped this win for you. If ball does not fall on your pos field on the punt return ya'll start with the ball on your own 40 instead of our 20 with 7 minutes to go. If Tony does not hand the ball over 4 times we score at least 7 more points. We owned you for 53 minutes of that game and gave you the last 7 minutes. Your offense SUCKS and that will be the reason you don't meet us again in the super bowl. But if I were you I would be hoping to play the Giants in the SB too because you won't get another gift wrapped win like this from the same team twice in a season. If we do end up playing again this season we will absolutely destroy you. 30-9 calling it now.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Silverback ate your QB;2473245 said:
Just want to say good game. In spite of the losing part for you cowboy fans we all saw some great football played yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Both QB's threw away some opportunities, I know Ben had at least one sure touchdown throw that should have been completed and Ward dropped a big first down toss wide open, Holmes dropped a few like he always does...etc.

And of course we all know Romo let you guys down on some plays too, I wont bother listing them because you pay TO far too much money to do that for you and he started flapping his gums on the sideline just like I knew he would...

Harrison vs. Ware
The talk going into the game was Harrison isn't worthy of the comparison. The results of the game however prove Harrison was the better player in the game where it counts. Thinking you know which player will end up with better career stats means nothing to me.

Romo vs. Roethlisberger

I'll take Roethlisberger over Romo everyday even though Romo might be a better pocket passer and he also has similar skills for extending the play avoiding the sack.
Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion and the confidence of a champion that Romo doesn't seem to be able to muster when it really counts. Winning the game is always on his mind..right in front to the exclusion of any other thoughts! No doubts, no anger, no frustrations just KEEP FIGHTING! I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...in that game Roethlisberger broke the record for the most wins for a QB in the first five years! So yea, I pick Ben and his potential over Romo who is already all he's going to be.....

I think both offensive teams got owned by the opposing defenses but the Cowboys offense is playing closer to their potential best than the Steelers are so for Steeler fans we see the potential for much more improvement than you guys do.

On the other side the Steelers defense obviously played better than the Cowboys defense did and I seriously doubt the Cowboys could top the Steelers D this season.

Anyway, I usually would hope to meet and destroy you guys in the Superbowl but I think I'll be hoping to meet the Giants instead because we let them beat us earlier so for bragging rights I want our team to be the ones to take down the reigning champs.

While Harrison is a beast, don't forget, Ware was not near 100% yesterday. But, when having the choice between the two, I'd take the classy beast over the POS beast. NO doubt about it.

Besides the last 5 minutes, I'd have to say Dallas D was the better of the two.

But the main point here is this - Romo has games like this, and this was def. one of them. But guess what???? IN your house, with Romo playing like crap, we took it to you and were a couple plays away from winning it - and clearly showed to be the better of the two teams.

The weather was probably the biggest factor in the game...and if somehow we end up meeting again. I promise you it will be a different story.

kbman

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2473265 said:
I have a newfound sympathy for you guys who live in Steeler country. Pittsburgh fans are the sorriest lot I've ever seen -- and we're in the same division as Philly.

:lmao2:

superpunk

Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to express my heartfelt appreciation for this ****ty thread. I'm glad you took the time to type it.

Second of all, on behalf of the Dallas Cowboys, I'd like to extend a hearty "You're welcome" for how the Cowboys handed the game to Pittsburgh with horrific special teams gaffes and atrocious turnovers. Lord knows Pittsburgh couldn't have managed it on their own.

bigE79

Reaction score

Harrison vs. Ware

Romo vs. Roethlisberger

:damn:

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2473265 said:
Precisely. These supposed "great" fans were leaving after the Dallas goal line stand, booed their offense for much of the 2nd half and never give the other team an ounce of credit.

What a sad sack of front running scumbags their fans are, like the jerk that started this post.

I would love to see them in Tampa on a neutral field. Would love it.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;2473297 said:
First of all, I'd like to express my heartfelt appreciation for this ****ty thread. I'm glad you took the time to type it.

Second of all, on behalf of the Dallas Cowboys, I'd like to extend a hearty "You're welcome" for how the Cowboys handed the game to Pittsburgh with horrific special teams gaffes and atrocious turnovers. Lord knows Pittsburgh couldn't have managed it on their own.

You are like McDonalds.

Over 100 billion served.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
parcells316;2473320 said:
Precisely. These supposed "great" fans were leaving after the Dallas goal line stand, booed their offense for much of the 2nd half and never give the other team an ounce of credit.

What a sad sack of front running scumbags their fans are, like the jerk that started this post.

I would love to see them in Tampa on a neutral field. Would love it.

kristie scales said during the brodacast she couldnt believe what she was seeing. There were actually fans leaving in the third qtr and the place was dead quiet.

Then newman got beat on 3rd and 16 and the towels were back out.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Tell Harrison not to showup in Tampa. There is nothing for him there.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

Harrison vs. Ware

Romo vs. Roethlisberger

Can't wait till yall got bounced out the first round again overrated bumps. Get a real field and stop paying off the refs.

juck

Reaction score
Steelers arent going anywhere,Peyton Manning will have none of that.:laugh1:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

Harrison vs. Ware

Romo vs. Roethlisberger

Hard to argue, though Ben is not usually asked to carry a team. With the Steelers, it's defense, running, then passing.

djmajestik

Reaction score
I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...

It doesn't show up in the stats because you made it up. Anyone can come on here and voice useless diatribe about "someone's head was in the game" or "he didn't smile and looked pissed off" and SAY that is why someone won or lost, but that's ridiculous. I didn't see that at all. Hence why it isn't a "stat".
:confused:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a crock of crap! You and I and the rest of the world knows that you and the rest of the Steelers fans were craping your/their pants for 53 minutes of that game! Don't come here thinking that you blew away the Cowboys in a game that we essentially gave you.

If you are proud of how you won, have at it. But don't think for a second your team is above and beyond the Cowboys. What goes around comes around...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2473370 said:
What a crock of crap! You and I and the rest of the world knows that you and the rest of the Steelers fans were craping your/their pants for 53 minutes of that game! Don't come here thinking that you blew away the Cowboys in a game that we essentially gave you.

If you are proud of how you won, have at it. But don't think for a second your team is above and beyond the Cowboys. What goes around comes around...

Agreed.....I really hope they destroy that field in that off season.....