Not Impressed with the Win today, but I'll take it...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Considering how close it was for a bit there, I'm glad we came out with the win, but I was completely uninspired by the win.

We didn't run the week before so we put an emphasis on running, racked up 200 yards and still almost lost.

What really bugs me though is that there wasn't a lot of fire out there except from Adam Jones and Ratliff, this team, especially the offense, just doesn't seem to play with an urgency.

I don't care if the Bengals are better than their record, we could have and should have stomped them.

Of course Romo is still shaky out there as well, I'm starting to wonder if that's just the type of QB he'll be, just have to accept the good with the bad, I suppose?

cowboys4life

Reaction score
I agree with you...its a W but wow so to be talked about as one of the best teams in the league and thats all we can do...talk about uninspiring...this has to be fixed if we even want to keep up in our own division....

Im telling you something is wrong with Romo...he doesnt look like his oldself...i cant put my finger on it!!

Route 66

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2310218 said:
I agree with you...its a W but wow so to be talked about as one of the best teams in the league and thats all we can do...talk about uninspiring...this has to be fixed if we even want to keep up in our own division....

Im telling you something is wrong with Romo...he doesnt look like his oldself...i cant put my finger on it!!

It was the ring shopping for Jessica that threw him off.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys4life;2310218 said:

he's trying to become a drop-back passer, or Garrett wants him to be one

canters

Reaction score
Romo is a slightly better version of Jake Delhome,,,,he is good enough to get us there, but he will make some errors.

The boys played just well enough to win......the clock is ticking on Wade.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Romo has always had the odd bad game, but this is two in a row. Too soon to panic, but not too soon to be concerned.

Felix and Marion look good.

Not happy with how Zimmer got pressure on Romo today. (See, pressure and Zimmer in the same sentence!)

Just seems like the team can't both run and pass in the same game. One or the other.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The DLine needs to get better pressure on the QB.

Romo's passes have just not looked right.

Our WRs can't get open. Hard to hold it against Owens b/c he's doubled constantly. But Crayton, Austin, etc need to step up.

Better tackling by the defense.

After a great start this season, the kick coverage stunk today.

Run game looked good. Even without the 33yd td, it was still good. 32carries for Barber/Jones.

Seems like there's just a lack of emotion generally speaking. Like there's tension there. Like guys are scared of screwing up and losing with the lofty expecations they've put on themselves (and we as fans have put on them).

I hope we get to see an all-around solid game next week at Arizona;.

khiladi

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2310240 said:
Our WRs can't get open. Hard to hold it against Owens b/c he's doubled constantly. But Crayton, Austin, etc need to step up.

It would help if Garrett moved TO in the slot and ran some quick slants in the middle. Garrett is running TO right into the heart of the defensive game-plan.

Shorten the routes Garrett... And stop being so predictable with a pass on first down, and run on second down. Play-action is non-existent for this team, we are so predictable....

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Rowdy;2310226 said:
It was the ring shopping for Jessica that threw him off.

hahaha....well im not saying that...but...i know enough people around here will!! lol:laugh2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2310203 said:
Considering how close it was for a bit there, I'm glad we came out with the win, but I was completely uninspired by the win.

We didn't run the week before so we put an emphasis on running, racked up 200 yards and still almost lost.

What really bugs me though is that there wasn't a lot of fire out there except from Adam Jones and Ratliff, this team, especially the offense, just doesn't seem to play with an urgency.

I don't care if the Bengals are better than their record, we could have and should have stomped them.

Of course Romo is still shaky out there as well, I'm starting to wonder if that's just the type of QB he'll be, just have to accept the good with the bad, I suppose?

When Romo isn't being flustered in the pocket he's fine. When he has two guys up in his face as he's throwing the football he's off and that's pretty much any QB in the NFL.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2310235 said:
Romo has always had the odd bad game, but this is two in a row. Too soon to panic, but not too soon to be concerned.

Felix and Marion look good.

Not happy with how Zimmer got pressure on Romo today. (See, pressure and Zimmer in the same sentence!)

Just seems like the team can't both run and pass in the same game. One or the other.

Throwing for 3 TD's is a bad game?

I admit he didn't look spectacular, but I can't agree with a bad game.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2310229 said:

I guess so but he looked good week 1 and week 2...well not so much week 2 but he just doesnt look like he is having fun and also he has cut out the gunslinger mentality it seems...
he isnt making as much happen like last year....
i agree too early to panic cuz at least we can correct it...and we are 4-1 so its all good...hopefully we can get this D corrected and the ST's...

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Romo trying to model his game after Tom Brady might actually be the worst thing that could have happened to him because he is not a drop back passer!

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I like everybody else is happy to get a win, but at no time did I feel confident nor do I now. Our D once again looked bad.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2310272 said:
When Romo isn't being flustered in the pocket he's fine. When he has two guys up in his face as he's throwing the football he's off and that's pretty much any QB in the NFL.

I don't really care who's "fault" it is, it just needs to get fixed. We've had our hearts broken by this team a couple of years in a row now, no excuses this year.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
TheCount;2310203 said:

I couldn't agree with you more. Of course I'm glad we won, but...it was anything but inspiring, not at all.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2310229 said:

That's what it seems like and it's taking awy what makes him special. Weird thing is, he plays a couple of subpar games yet still throws 6 TDs. He just seems to have lost some of that "moxie" or "magic" or whatever the hell it was he had. He seems to be afraid to just unload and squeeze that ball into tight spots as he did all of last year. I think all this INT talk is getting to him. He just needs to let loose and play.