CFZ Not in terrible shape currently

Blitzen

Reaction score
I actually do not feel bad about the state of the team to be honest. I never expected them to suddenly become flawless towards the playoffs. I don’t do a lot of hoping for the team-just watch it unfold now. I want different, but nothing I can do about it-no worries.

The defense 2 years ago was so bad that I would never have expected this complete turnaround this quickly. They gave up 34 points yesterday (not 40 as many Dak defense league keep repeating)-maybe should have been 27 if not for another interception deep in Cowboys’ territory. I would say they are wearing down, sustaining many injuries, and playing more poorly at the same time. I understand the frustration, but some of you forget the recent past of this defense.

The offense still occupies the enormous bulk of the salary cap, which is what the team’s front office built to be the strength of the club.

The offensive line and running backs are playing well in the rushing attack. Very up and down pass protection currently and for the bulk of the season. Wide receiver play has been decent and tight end play as well. The quarterback has had a similarly up and down performance sheet.

Unfortunately, this team needs even more from the QB than up and down play. The decision on the first interception just to throw the ball is one of many recent examples of how poor his decision making can be at times. The decision to even release the ball on 3rd down on the last 4th quarter drive was another. Unless Noah Brown is wide open, you do not throw the ball-you run forward and slide and remember that you’re a seven year veteran being paid to first not do stupid things.

All I can say is that this is still the very best landscape the NFC has provided for advancing to the NFCCG in the past 26 years. If the Cowboys cannot make it happen now, they should absolutely start immediately planning on the end of the Dak and current core era. They will not get better opportunities. I suspect the front office will extend him even if the Cowboys go one and done-pointing to recent regular season success as the benchmark along with making the playoffs two years in a row.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I sort of feel the same way. This team is still talented enough to play with the top teams in the NFC, my biggest concern is health. I fear LVE is gone for the year, and Hankins will be rushed back and not be 100%. Without those two I worry heavily about the run defense, which gets magnified when you have corners that you just cant trust 1v1.

A lot of the Cowboys problems right now are fixable, but I do worry about the defensive side of the ball if they can't get healthy.

links18

Reaction score
You say we are not in terrible shape, then proceed to bash the QB for being stupid and call for rebuilding the team if they can't win two road playoff games. Which one is it?

yentl911

Reaction score
We do have some talent but we are inconsistent and not close to competing with the upper echelon teams that truly have a chance for a title - 49ers, Eagles, Chiefs, Bills. The D was playing well but Parsons hasn't got off the bus in over three weeks and we have too many injuries. I know I am in the minority but he is a LB not a DE. Get him off the ball and let him run around and make plays and blitz at times. He is not built to be a line player game after game and it is showing.

Dak is not a great QB but at the end of the day the offense hung 34 points on the board. That should be enough to win any game.

One and done again.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You say we are not in terrible shape, then proceed to bash the QB for being stupid and call for rebuilding the team if they can't win two road playoff games. Which one is it?

I mean-the two other really good NFC teams have tons of flaws and will not possess some type of overreaching dominance. The Cowboys have similar talent. There is literally no dominant team in the league currently. Dak needs to cut way down on dumb decisions. He is making too many right now.

links18

Reaction score
I mean-the two other really good NFC teams have tons of flaws and will not possess some type of overreaching dominance. The Cowboys have similar talent. There is literally no dominant team in the league currently. Dak needs to cut way down on dumb decisions. He is making too many right now.

What are the Eagles' flaws and how do they compare to ours?

Blitzen

Reaction score
What are the Eagles' flaws and how do they compare to ours?

Their run defense is still suspect despite the free agency additions. Jalen Hurts can definitely get rattled and will make poor decisions at times. Their run game is currently so dominant that he does not have to rely on making many difficult decisions. But they can be slowed and they look very beatable when it happens. The Cowboys can play a heavy run game with safe playaction pass game and devote more time on how to attack their RPO offense. Who knows?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I actually do not feel bad about the state of the team to be honest. I never expected them to suddenly become flawless towards the playoffs. I don’t do a lot of hoping for the team-just watch it unfold now. I want different, but nothing I can do about it-no worries.

The defense 2 years ago was so bad that I would never have expected this complete turnaround this quickly. They gave up 34 points yesterday (not 40 as many Dak defense league keep repeating)-maybe should have been 27 if not for another interception deep in Cowboys’ territory. I would say they are wearing down, sustaining many injuries, and playing more poorly at the same time. I understand the frustration, but some of you forget the recent past of this defense.

The offense still occupies the enormous bulk of the salary cap, which is what the team’s front office built to be the strength of the club.

The offensive line and running backs are playing well in the rushing attack. Very up and down pass protection currently and for the bulk of the season. Wide receiver play has been decent and tight end play as well. The quarterback has had a similarly up and down performance sheet.

Unfortunately, this team needs even more from the QB than up and down play. The decision on the first interception just to throw the ball is one of many recent examples of how poor his decision making can be at times. The decision to even release the ball on 3rd down on the last 4th quarter drive was another. Unless Noah Brown is wide open, you do not throw the ball-you run forward and slide and remember that you’re a seven year veteran being paid to first not do stupid things.

All I can say is that this is still the very best landscape the NFC has provided for advancing to the NFCCG in the past 26 years. If the Cowboys cannot make it happen now, they should absolutely start immediately planning on the end of the Dak and current core era. They will not get better opportunities. I suspect the front office will extend him even if the Cowboys go one and done-pointing to recent regular season success as the benchmark along with making the playoffs two years in a row.
This club isn't winning another game this season.......sorry Dude.