Not many showed up tonight to play...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Defense -I dont know about the rest of you but I hardly saw any 3-4 at all. I saw more 4-3 than anything. I wonder if Parcells is just covering up what is coming. Who knows. I think our secondary was alot better than last year. Newman is going to be a beast this year. He was all over his guy and really disrupting his man. On him like glue most of the game. I am still worried about FS. I was not impressed w/ Davis. All in all not a horrible game. It is pre-season. This defense needs a leader. I dont see anyone leading. Again - pre season. Lets see what the 1st game brings. Someone needs to give it an attitude. I would love it to be Roy but Roy is so soft spoken. He just shows up and plays. /shrug

Offense- Drew Bledsoe was terrible this game. I thought folks were just kidding about how long he holds the ball. The guy seems to think he has all day behind his line to wait for a man to get open. I saw him go through his reads at least 2-3 times before being sacked. I know for a fact 3x I was screaming THROW THE DAMN BALL!. I never do that.

Offensive Line - Terrible- Terrible - Flozell giving up the sack. His man beat him like a drum on that play. Flozell even pushing him into his QB. I didnt see any mean streak in anyone. I saw the same bunch of guys just tip toen throw the plays. To bad. I thought we would see some domination. Im not going over board w/ anything. I was just hoping for more. We will see how they are in the season opener. I hope Parcells puts his foot in this lines ***. It starts w/ these guys and I didnt see no motor at all w/ them.

Tucker - CUT him already - The guy doesnt even look like he wants to play. So sad seeing him lose it like he did.
Peterman - Mental breakdowns killed us
Flozell - Come on already- Cant believe this guy made it to the Pro Bowl. Get it together or get out of the way.
Allen - Mick was saying move LA to RT. I agree w/ Babe. I dont think LA can handle the speed from that side at his point in his career. He may. Who knows. I still hope they dont move him. I bet you will see Vollers our here on opening day if Rogers is still hurting.
Rivera - Pre season form. Some mistakes but pretty solid guard from what I saw.
Gurode - Not bad - I did like him at C better than Al - He just seemed to hold his own more. Maybe his weight helps. He seems stronger for sure.

WR- Again - no time to throw the ball from the OL and the QB waiting for the bread to rise behind them. Glenn had a nice pass and Key w/ a nice grab. Witten. This kid is going to kill defenses again this year. He is so fun to watch. I like Crayton and Copper. I saw Crayton make a couple of very nice grabs. Copper had a really nice catch. The ball stuck to his gloves like super glue. Nice hands.

RB's - I love Thompson. I cant say enough about his speed. It is so deceiving. He kreeps up on DB's and blow by them in a blink. I dont think he makes it to the practice squad. I bet he makes the roster. Hes that good. Sure is fun to watch.
Julius - Wow - 10 carries for 6 yards. Tells you how bad out line is dont it?
Barber - Solid RB. He makes it for sure.
A-Train - I didnt hear him called much. Did he play?

Special teams - I love Crowder. This kid can play ST im here to tell you. Superb coverage skills and he can lay a lick. The blocked punt only helps this kid out even more. Sign him up Bill.

Its just the 1st preseason game. Not much to get worked up over. I still was hoping for more from our 1st team offense. Maybe next time.

There is PLENTY for Bill to chew on this week. I wish I were a mouse in those meetings.

Money says Tucker is cut within the week. :banghead:

D

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
Offense- Drew Bledsoe was terrible this game. I thought folks were just kidding about how long he holds the ball. The guy seems to think he has all day behind his line to wait for a man to get open. I saw him go through his reads at least 2-3 times before being sacked. I know for a fact 3x I was screaming THROW THE DAMN BALL!. I never do that.

It's ridiculous he's been in the league too long for that. I think he may just be looking for the deep route which takes longer to develop and forgetting about the short to intermediate stuff.

Special teams - I love Crowder. This kid can play ST im here to tell you. Superb coverage skills and he can lay a lick. The blocked punt only helps this kid out even more. Sign him up Bill.

I was thinking the same thing, at first I was thinking he was going to replace what Davis gives, but since Davis can't seem to know how to play FS, he might get his old job back.

I saw Crayton make a couple of very nice grabs.

That's very inspiring to see how Crayton played, it's about time for a young receiver to stand out.

Now i'll have to suffer through another week to see another game, since I can't judge this season on one pre-season game.