Not running Zeke in final possession

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Garrett didn't call those plays, Linehan is the OC.

Garrett and Linehan get along because Linehan calls plays just like Garrett. He always has. If Garrett didn't like it, Linehan would be history.
JG is just as responsible as Linehan. Linehan doesn't tell Garrett how it's going to be, Garrett tells Linehan.

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The last series was a $%@& show, could have easily led to a turnover and is precisely why Linehan should not be allowed back in the facility. The playcalling to open the third Q should have gotten him kicked out if the booth.

cern

Reaction score
they played scared the final drive. afraid of a fumble for fear of something bad happening. just needed one first down to seal the deal. hated seeing philly get the ball back with 50+ seconds to go, but it ended well.

Big D

Reaction score
It was a screen pass lol. The risk of a screen pass is exactly what happened. Its a catch for a loss. You just want to make sure you don't get a incompletion there. If you think there's a chance for that screen pass to be a incompletion then fair enough. We just see it different.

You know how you prevent the incompletion? Run the ball.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Garrett didn't call those plays, Linehan is the OC.
Garrett has done this his whole time here. He has the glitch. He hears what’s being called,and the two of them put those game plans together each week. I wouldn’t sit there and let Linehan do that. He was either calling for that scenario,or was ok with with it. I’m done with both those goofballs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why do they take out Zeke when he runs for a few big plays? Keep him in until the defense stops him.

zeke21

Reaction score
Sorry but the screen to beas was idiotic.. yes it is going to work 99.99% BUT what if Dak throws late/low.. or Bease drops it.. you gift them a free stop of the clock which could have been the difference.

Also Zeke had been monstering them.. just give him the ball and let him run. Could have ended it there.

Yes we won and that is great.. but Philly should never have got another possession. Especially not close to a minute and 70 yards to go.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how do you not run zeke on that final possession!? Throw a screen to Beasley !?

Love the win ! But seriously it’s time to fire Linehan.

I thinks that's on mostly on Garrett.

They did it in that game where a few more yards would have resulted in a made FG instead of a missed FG.

BoysWin

Reaction score
I don't do "nearly" or "almost". You win you win. I don't care how you did it.

Tom Landry never made nucklehead decisions like Garrett. I have no confidence in Garrett and Linehan. It won’t be a 11-5 season. 5-11 in more likely and true to Garrett form make it 8-8.

jsb357

Reaction score
had Tate made a breakaway to the end zone on that last play and Dallas had gone on to loose,
JG might be headed to the Jet's this morning.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll be honest.............. I didn't have a huge problem with not just running the ball up the gut with Elliott in that situation. I thought the QB draw was a fine call.