1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Not talking me into this being a good pick, sorry

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by _sturt_, Apr 26, 2018.

1. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

2,455 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received
    Reach.

jay94, csirl, WillieBeamen and 4 others like this.
  2. robbieruff

robbieruff Well-Known Member

3,709 Messages
    5,108 Likes Received
    So you’re saying...”Vander Ick?!”

Trouty, buybuydandavis and Techsass like this.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    4,555 Likes Received
    He is but I’m not disappointed w him. We def wanted vea. Derwin was in convo but I guarantee we have deal for earl that’s why

Furboy likes this.
  4. GreenMean69

GreenMean69 Benched

646 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    much smarter pick then a WR , with how Lee has been it has been a position of concern . I was hoping you guys got a WR :( . But It is scary pick and risky because of his neck ... it might be missing a bunch of game like Lee. Maybe if you add them both together you get one solid LB

5. dallas72

dallas72 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Vanderpump has medical issues.....James, Edmunds were within reach.....plus Riddley, Evans even Landry better picks

6. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Not going to try, we just gift wrapped the division to the Giants, once they get a motivated Dez after the draft it's a wrap.it's between them& Philly for the division. We had certain players we like somewhat fall into striking range& we didn't strike.smh.. Now get this they're going to be posters who pumps up the pick& claim he's Brian Urlacher 2 but anybody who knows football knows he is " Bobby Carpenter 2" mark my words 7-9 last place in the division

CavalierOsprey and GimmeTheBall! like this.
  7. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,474 Messages
    7,600 Likes Received
    first off not a reach he was rated the 3rd best LB in the draft.. i saw two go off the board before him so that left Evans or him.. how about this let him actually PLAY before we rip the pick?

Sarge, DcFootball4, TexasFrog and 4 others like this.
  8. blueblood70

10,474 Messages
    7,600 Likes Received
    x2 buh bye

Wolf2k5 likes this.
  9. Ky31

Ky31 Well-Known Member

452 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Fact!!!

10. blueblood70

10,474 Messages
    7,600 Likes Received
    cant be a fact until he plays..right now its whatever you want to feel.. he was the 3rd dated LB in the draft he went 3rd like i said evans and him were a coin flip..at 19 not a reach..prove it, until then you can think what you want but the guy hasn't played snap yet..

11. Ky31

Ky31 Well-Known Member

452 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Okay...I’m rooting for the guy, I just don’t see anything special!!

GimmeTheBall! likes this.
  12. dallas72

dallas72 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    The report at Walterfootball.comindicated that Vander Esch — a possible first-round linebacker following a breakout 2017 season — had been removed from at least one team's board for medical reasons, and it added that four other teams believed he was a second-round talent.

The WF report doesn't specifically mention which injury concerned teams most, as the 6-foot-4, 256-pound Vander Esch did suffer multiple injuries in his career at Boise State.

13. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Well-Known Member

1,172 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    It didn't matter who they selected, there's people on this board that just love to hate everything and anything that the Cowboys do. Hate away just don't understand why you're wasting your time posting. This world has enough doom and gloom for God's sake. Give the kid a chance before going all negative Nancy on him.

CapnB, JustChip, loblolly7 and 3 others like this.
  14. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

2,297 Messages
    3,111 Likes Received
    This was a case of Dallas locking in on a player before the draft and sticking with him right up until the pick. I wonder what it would have taken to trade up and get James when he fell so far? And btw, beating Philly's scrubs doesn't seem worth it now, does it?

In any case, this was not the best player available. It was drafting for need and for a player they fell in love with. Whenever Jerry does this he screws up the draft.

I know they have doctors to look at his neck and all, but when you have 2 LBs who are also dealing with health issues why take a risk with a 3rd? I watched LVE at the combine and h looked less athletic and stiffer than the other LBs. Obviously, I am not a professional scout but this pick left me disappointed.

Otto65, jnday, Cattle_Rancher and 3 others like this.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,230 Messages
    59,426 Likes Received
    Watch season 1 of Blue Mountain State and you’ll get it.

CowboyStar88 likes this.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

26,743 Messages
    9,801 Likes Received
    This is why we are a chronically mediocre team.
    We think small.
    Pat yourself on the back, Jerry. What a surprise. You must be beaming, you old ***.

pacboyX likes this.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,017 Messages
    47,394 Likes Received
    He wasn’t a reach at all.

He’s been ranked top 20 by almost every respected person I’ve seen.

18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,017 Messages
    47,394 Likes Received
    Vander Esch does not have any issues.

Dallas even rechecked again today. He’s fine.

CowboyStar88, Trouty, tico and 2 others like this.
  19. GreenMean69

GreenMean69 Benched

646 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    and the patriots select . The 2018 Version of Game Shark fully loaded with new cheat codes

20. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,541 Messages
    4,423 Likes Received
    Man, how bad was that Cowboys Forum that folded?