Not talking me into this being a good pick, sorry

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
What limitations?
His struggle with shedding blocks,getting off blocks.his hand placement.He doesn't use his hands effectively. He has limited to little athleticism. He has only one year of experience starting material. He comes intothe league with a neck injury already. He's injury prone thus far. He's 20 pounds heavier...just a few limitations but if u think he's the next Urlacher hey be my guess. Go on record with that. I'm going to go on record & say he's Bobby Carpenter 2.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
His struggle with shedding blocks,getting off blocks.his hand placement.He doesn't use his hands effectively. He has limited to little athleticism. He has only one year of experience starting material. He comes intothe league with a neck injury already. He's injury prone thus far. He's 20 pounds heavier...just a few limitations but if u think he's the next Urlacher hey be my guess. Go on record with that. I'm going to go on record & say he's Bobby Carpenter 2.

I'm gonna go on record that you're sincerely misinformed.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Mocking me @zrinkill ?

No surprise, I suppose that its easier to take that route than to actually do a little internet research.

• Draftek = #30
  • CBS Sports = #27
  • Mayock = #20
  • NFL Draft Geek = #50
  • USA Today = #30
  • Pro Football Focus > #25 (... only lists the top 25, then goes to positional rankings)
  • Hero Sports = #18
  • NFL Draft Countdown = #23
  • SI = #23
  • Fantasy Pros = #27
  • DraftBlaster > #25 (... only lists top 25, then goes to positional rankings)
  • Sporting News = #31
  • NFL Draft Scout = #19
  • Football Dungeon = #33
  • NFL Draft Days = #20
  • Kiper > #25 (... I don't have Insider, maybe others do, but there's an ABC News story that lists his top 25)
  • Draft Analyst = #12

Is that enough?

17 googled, and how many of those have him at #19 or better? How many have him something below #25?

Talk to me.

So you're saying that we got one of the best players in all of college football at a position of need? That's an awesome job by the FO. We should all be thrilled.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I'm gonna go on record that you're sincerely misinformed.
Why because my opinion is different than yours.ok whatever floats ur boat.I personally think ur "sincerely misinformed" because if u think Bobby Carpenter 2 is Luke Kuechly than ur the last person to be speaking on somebody being "misinformed"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not my role to talk another fan into liking a pick or not so not even going to try. It is the player’s job to go out and perform and prove himself to the team and fans. I like the pick and the player and look forward to seeing him go out and produce on the field.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Feels like the Ranch at times.
Is that where they are all from? All I know is I’m glad this was the board I frequented because a bunch of these new posters post worse quality thoughts than I would find on twitter or Facebook.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You really need to slow down and comprehend what has been stated. And maybe not be quite so quick to assume another poster can't possibly be intelligent on the basis that s/he disagrees with you.

(To wit... Never said a thing about mock drafts.)

You do not understand the difference between mock drafts and player evaluation

He was a top first round talent by almost everyone ........ idiot mockers thought Dallas would go WR

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You really need to slow down and comprehend what has been stated.

I know exactly what was stated and I know that you used mock drafts to say he wasn't a top 1st round player ....... Again you do not understand the difference in mock drafts and player evaluation.

_sturt_

Reaction score
If you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.

Your response is a damn lie, and anyone can look for themselves and see that.

I know exactly what was stated and I know that you used mock drafts to say he wasn't a top 1st round player ....... Again you do not understand the difference in mock drafts and player evaluation.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Yes I'm serious& why don't u think the giants can win? Because they had a down season mainly due to injuries. See man this Homer attitude Cowboys fans get puzzles me because unlike Philly & Ny we don't win jack $#:+. We have lofty record breaking seasons (14,16) but cannot win a playoff game so why 2nd guess NY because they went 3-13& got the best RB if not player in the draft& get this Motown they've recently done this so yeah I don't know what u believe is possible but I know the NFC East & with what the other teams have added versus what we have added, Bobby Carpenter 2 is not going to be effective because of his obvious limitations. I'll say it again. If they get Dez which I'm thinking they are, their going to be a problem. A tough out& we sure won't sweep them as we did last year so I'll advise u to stop thinking Dallas does everything right & their the only good team in this division because that's not reality. Check in with me during the season & we can revisit this topic

Search my profile and see how many times I have criticized the Cowboys on various topics. This has nothing to do with being a Cowboys homer. My point was the Giants have an old average on his best day QB and the Giants had a chance to draft a franchise QB and passed. Two years from now Giants fans will be upset when a FA scrub QB is handing off to their franchise back.

And I do believe the Giants will be better this year, how can they not? They have talent in certain spots and who knows what their coach will do, maybe he will be great, maybe not. I'll tell you what? If you think the Giants are going to be all that put your money where your mouth is. If the Giants win the division I will donate $500 to the charity of your choice, if they don't you do the same for the charity of my choice.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why because my opinion is different than yours.ok whatever floats ur boat.I personally think ur "sincerely misinformed" because if u think Bobby Carpenter 2 is Luke Kuechly than ur the last person to be speaking on somebody being "misinformed"

No, because you're sincerely misinformed based on the substance of your analysis of the player.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Search my profile and see how many times I have criticized the Cowboys on various topics. This has nothing to do with being a Cowboys homer. My point was the Giants have an old average on his best day QB and the Giants had a chance to draft a franchise QB and passed. Two years from now Giants fans will be upset when a FA scrub QB is handing off to their franchise back.

And I do believe the Giants will be better this year, how can they not? They have talent in certain spots and who knows what their coach will do, maybe he will be great, maybe not. I'll tell you what? If you think the Giants are going to be all that put your money where your mouth is. If the Giants win the division I will donate $500 to the charity of your choice, if they don't you do the same for the charity of my choice.
Aye i nod my head to ur strong belief & especially considering u know by now that the giants got OG Hernandez & DT B.J. Hill whom are two players I coveted with even being ok if we took Hernandez in the 1st. They got him in the 2nd & Washington has definitely improved with their picks so knowing all that & u still steadfast I respect that but come on Mo thinking about what ur asking me to do bet against my team. No ..no.. no I would do anything but I won't do that im jus saying mo these teams in my evaluation of them & their respective off-season thus far are better. I don't wish them success Im just noting good acquisitions they do so in case they are successful I can identify why. I'm with you I want them to suck. There are not of enough bad words I can say that will describe how I feel about Clevland not taking Saquon Barkley. I feared that but knowing that now& knowing they aquired OT Nate Soldier to sure up blind side for Eli along with OG Hernandez who I initially wanted in the 1st. A healthy OBJ ascending players in Shepard & Engram an a possible addition of a motivated Dez..if their defense can bounce back & mirror their 2016 season there going to be a problem i just don't understand the cockiness of Cowboys fans who think that u lose ur best linebacker arguably (Hitchens) best receiver (Dez)& ur best TE (Witten)& ur somehow better because u supposedly got rid of a cancer...this belief is maddening & I'm frustrated with my team my front office. Their level of incompetence is inconceivable..I will admit I been a Cowboys fan for years. I watched the Monday night game vs the Vikings when Dorsett ran 99 yards I remember when we were a good & competent organization. We are far from that under Jerry & Family & No I'm old enough & smart enough to not credit him(Jerry) for that. That was all Jimmy, he ran Jimmy off because he wanted to be all in the video & he's been all in the video ever since Jimmy been gone so excuse me man let me stop because this Cowboys ish is deep with me man & I'm as passionate as u are, I'm just fearful of how improving I see NY& Washington are& I don't think we have with some darn Vander bock as our big off season move to offset our off season losses. I just don't see it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Mocking me @zrinkill ?

No surprise, I suppose that its easier to take that route than to actually do a little internet research.

• Draftek = #30
  • CBS Sports = #27
  • Mayock = #20
  • NFL Draft Geek = #50
  • USA Today = #30
  • Pro Football Focus > #25 (... only lists the top 25, then goes to positional rankings)
  • Hero Sports = #18
  • NFL Draft Countdown = #23
  • SI = #23
  • Fantasy Pros = #27
  • DraftBlaster > #25 (... only lists top 25, then goes to positional rankings)
  • Sporting News = #31
  • NFL Draft Scout = #19
  • Football Dungeon = #33
  • NFL Draft Days = #20
  • Kiper > #25 (... I don't have Insider, maybe others do, but there's an ABC News story that lists his top 25)
  • Draft Analyst = #12

Is that enough?

17 googled, and how many of those have him at #19 or better? How many have him something below #25?

Talk to me.

How dumb. You have said he was a second round talent, yet all but two have him in their top 32.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not going to try, we just gift wrapped the division to the Giants, once they get a motivated Dez after the draft it's a wrap.it's between them& Philly for the division. We had certain players we like somewhat fall into striking range& we didn't strike.smh.. Now get this they're going to be posters who pumps up the pick& claim he's Brian Urlacher 2 but anybody who knows football knows he is " Bobby Carpenter 2" mark my words 7-9 last place in the division
:lmao2::facepalm:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Aye i nod my head to ur strong belief & especially considering u know by now that the giants got OG Hernandez & DT B.J. Hill whom are two players I coveted with even being ok if we took Hernandez in the 1st. They got him in the 2nd & Washington has definitely improved with their picks so knowing all that & u still steadfast I respect that but come on Mo thinking about what ur asking me to do bet against my team. No ..no.. no I would do anything but I won't do that im jus saying mo these teams in my evaluation of them & their respective off-season thus far are better. I don't wish them success Im just noting good acquisitions they do so in case they are successful I can identify why. I'm with you I want them to suck. There are not of enough bad words I can say that will describe how I feel about Clevland not taking Saquon Barkley. I feared that but knowing that now& knowing they aquired OT Nate Soldier to sure up blind side for Eli along with OG Hernandez who I initially wanted in the 1st. A healthy OBJ ascending players in Shepard & Engram an a possible addition of a motivated Dez..if their defense can bounce back & mirror their 2016 season there going to be a problem i just don't understand the cockiness of Cowboys fans who think that u lose ur best linebacker arguably (Hitchens) best receiver (Dez)& ur best TE (Witten)& ur somehow better because u supposedly got rid of a cancer...this belief is maddening & I'm frustrated with my team my front office. Their level of incompetence is inconceivable..I will admit I been a Cowboys fan for years. I watched the Monday night game vs the Vikings when Dorsett ran 99 yards I remember when we were a good & competent organization. We are far from that under Jerry & Family & No I'm old enough & smart enough to not credit him(Jerry) for that. That was all Jimmy, he ran Jimmy off because he wanted to be all in the video & he's been all in the video ever since Jimmy been gone so excuse me man let me stop because this Cowboys ish is deep with me man & I'm as passionate as u are, I'm just fearful of how improving I see NY& Washington are& I don't think we have with some darn Vander bock as our big off season move to offset our off season losses. I just don't see it.

Word.Vomit.

_sturt_

Reaction score
How dumb. You have said he was a second round talent, yet all but two have him in their top 32.

Twist my words at your own peril... what I actually said is published for posterity, and any twisting, then, exposed for what it is... twisting.

I said he was a #25-#35 talent, not a "2nd round" (thus, #33-#64) talent. (Check me on that and see. I know what I said because what I said is what I believe.)

And that's just what a sampling of player rankings from across the board suggest he was/is.

I also have said that I wasn't a fan of picking him at 19, though that shouldn't be taken to mean I didn't like the player, because in fact, I do like the player. But the numbers back me up that he was clearly taken at least a few slots higher than you'd prefer to take him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Twist my words at your own peril... what I actually said is published for posterity, and any twisting, then, exposed for what it is... twisting.

I said he was a #25-#35 talent, not a 2nd round talent. (Check me on that and see. I know what I said because what I said is what I believe.)

I also have said that I wasn't a fan of picking him at 19, though that shouldn't be taken to mean I didn't like the player, because in fact, I do like the player. But the numbers back me up that he was clearly taken at least a few slots higher than you'd prefer to take him.

Again, referencing mock drafts.

This is silly.