Not talking me into this being a good pick, sorry

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not a reach at all, simply a high ceiling/low floor type of player. He might be Urlacher, or he might be a backup.

Using the criteria that I chose to use... not my own analysis, but a collective opinion of many others... his value was something less than the nineteenth best player in the draft by the vast majority of accounts. Not all. But vast majority. That's ALL I'm asserting. And THAT much is accurate.

I like the player. But there was better value for the #19 pick than him.

Was there better value at #19 at a position of priority?

That's what you guys really should be arguing who want to argue with me on this point... I think you might actually have a decent argument there. Might.

And/but I don't only like the player, but I'm one of those who grant a whole lot of latitude to those who have led the college player assessment processes. (I'm among those who distrust our people who do pro player assessments--based on 2017 free agency results.) Will McClay's guys know what they're doing, imo. So, hopefully it turns out that he's as valuable as they think he is. We all agree on that much, I'm sure.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Using general player rankings when it comes to a specific teams needs and then bashing a picks value makes no sense at all.

For example if collecting the average values of LVE from the internet "experts" puts him at #25, that may be true as a general position but not a cowboys specific position. As an example everyone knows the cowboys were not ever going to draft a QB in round one so they sort of have to be removed as a first round consideration. So once Darnold, Mayfield, etc are set aside, the value board for the Cowboys puts him around 20. Same goes for a RB and it goes on and on.

So team specific boards and needs will have players in much different levels than all of the internet draft experts. So based on need and LVE talent level he was not over drafted at all. Great pick

1. I kinda just acknowledged some of this, w/o having read what you wrote.

2. But then, I ask you what I asked CalPoly... come up with, then, a reasonable way to assess it. It's a question that virtually all of us who gather on a "draft discussion board" have interest to think about... what is that other option that you believe is superior. I'll listen with an open mind, you can be sure of that. No ox to gore.

bodi

Reaction score
ah well the kid id a DC
and that's that

let's let him play in few games before any of us get bent

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
that is very lazy label [Carpenter 2]
I have gone back gone watch more vids on LVE and from where he came to be drafted is impressive.
Carpenter was no where near the talent of LVE no where near.
Look at sites and what they say if nothing else.
LVE is talented and driven
Waving monkey, talk about a guy with an agenda! Listen I know u are a troll& u would like me to come on here & use words that will get me banished from here so im not going to do that. What I will do is debate u on ur argument@ it's core. U said; Barbie Carpenter is nowhere near LVE, I think ur just saying that now because u don't know nothing else to say. Let's compare if I may.
Barbie had a 40 time of 4.66. LVE time is 4.65 Barbie had a 3cone drill of 6.88. LVE time is 6.88 Barbie had a broad jump of 10 feet 4 inches (3.15 meters) LVE broad jump is 124 inches which is roughly 10 feet 4 inches
Barbie did 20 reps in Bench press. LVE did 20 reps in Bench press.
You see waving monkey these erie similar numbers, now my major was Communications not Math but my older brother is an engineer so I think I can see how similar these measures are. So then how can one say one is superiorly rated over the other. Then take into consideration that Barbie started on a Championship game in 2002 as a freshman& played 4 years in college. LVE has one year of starting experience& 1year of production. Barbie played in the Big Ten, LVE @ mountain West. Big difference in competition. Barbie comes from a blood line of football players in his family with his dad playing for Parcels. LVE just started football & his sisters played Volleyball. Now u may tend to think the Cowboys select the best players & they are a competent organization. I think very differently;'-) u see cuz I've seen them make moves similar to the moves their making now& not a shred of success has followed those moves. So u can dispute it& argue it& say it to the cow jumps over the moon. Your afraid to critique this organization, I'm just dumfounded on the amount of fans like yourself that don't criticize them as to say the last 23 years don't warrant criticism. Im not part of that crowd, I'm part of the crowd that has seen all this before so in all actuality u should thank me because 2-3 years from now when we're looking for a LB in the draft & we look back & see why LVE wasn't successful, maybe u can recall this post& say ; someone did prophesize this.....u can thank me now, u can thank me later but nevertheless you will thank me:;'-)) waving to you wavy;'-)

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Well there's always a poster who refuses to be happy and gets mad at those who are.

Tag, you're it. :)
Ice...ice... come on man, look there's not a human being alive that refuses to be happy, maybe my ex but I still don't think she refuses to be happy, may not know how to be happy but definitely not refuse. & I don't get mad@ those who are, how silly is that statement u typed ice come on man I'm just a realist. I'm not naive unlike yourself. That's all. You want to think we're going to the Superbowl go ahead, I don't. That doesn't mean I refuse to be happy, it doesn't mean I dislike u if u were. To each it's own. Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is;'-)

waving monkey

Reaction score
To be as honest as I can& not be artificial like those who hurl such accusations & the majority of the ones like u on this board. That's all , I'm just not a naive fan.
then go study LVE's vid and numbers. [limitations] is laughable

chagus

Reaction score
amp

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
then go study LVE's vid and numbers. [limitations] is laughable
Come on wavy, u go study Barbie Carpenter numbers & tell me how superior LVE is to his...& Put down ur agenda..Just look@ football & what u kno about football& if u truly know football then u know a player from Idaho who has 1 year of mediocre production from a mediocre school (Boise St) who played just one year can't possibly be better than a player who has played since he was a freshman@ Alabama in the SEC who beats him in all the measurable& all the numbers & the eye test but u want me to believe he's better no that's not true. The only reason he was the choice because he's touted to be a Garrett Guy, that's all...it's Politics, it sure isn't about pure football because no Football aficionado will try to convince u LVE is better than Rashan Evans. Unless it's Politics involved. Stop being naive Wavy, I assumed u were more mature than that

waving monkey

Reaction score
Come on wavy, u go study Barbie Carpenter numbers & tell me how superior LVE is to his...& Put down ur agenda..Just look@ football & what u kno about football& if u truly know football then u know a player from Idaho who has 1 year of mediocre production from a mediocre school (Boise St) who played just one year can't possibly be better than a player who has played since he was a freshman@ Alabama in the SEC who beats him in all the measurable& all the numbers & the eye test but u want me to believe he's better no that's not true. The only reason he was the choice because he's touted to be a Garrett Guy, that's all...it's Politics, it sure isn't about pure football because no Football aficionado will try to convince u LVE is better than Rashan Evans. Unless it's Politics involved. Stop being naive Wavy, I assumed u were more mature than that
your condescending BS is thin {C}
LVE had 141 tackles last year. 8.5 for loss. he had 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.
He moves around on a entirely different frame then Barbie moved around on.
His entangles are a coaches dream
what politics are you talking about that his white?

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
your condescending BS is thin {C}
LVE had 141 tackles last year. 8.5 for loss. he had 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.
He moves around on a entirely different frame then Barbie moved around on.
His entangles are a coaches dream
what politics are you talking about that his white?
Isn't everybody frame different than the next persons come on wavy ur just reaching with this analysis& wanting to believe in him so bad why?!? well because Cowboys told to. Barbie had 8 sacks his Senior season in the Big ten. Operative words in that statement were " Senior" & " Big Ten". You said LVE has 8.5 for loss, well Barbie had 10& half for loss along with 3forced fumbles& interceptions, how many picks did LVE have?! You see wavy ur a hypocrite & ur the one with an agenda just like the Cowboys. I from the moment of the draft pick was in has stated the same rhetoric that LVE is B2 all over, I looked@ the numbers which you haven't becuz if u did then u wouldn't quote me LVE numbers like they are somehow unprecedented & rare. There not& he's not. In know football world would anyone without an agenda say to u honestly that LVE is better than Rashan Evans. You can't say he's definitely better than Barbie Carpenter. You can't go to the numbers& arrive@this conclusion so it has to be something else. & I'm fine with it wavy, whatever u like, I Love..u wanna go on a belief linebackers from Idaho that play in far less superior conferences with little to no data provided from these players because lack of time actually playing & participating so ur going on projections & u project this player to be all world. I just find those projections to be funny & agenda filled because how can one look@ those equations & come to those conclusions.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Isn't everybody frame different than the next persons come on wavy ur just reaching with this analysis& wanting to believe in him so bad why?!? well because Cowboys told to. Barbie had 8 sacks his Senior season in the Big ten. Operative words in that statement were " Senior" & " Big Ten". You said LVE has 8.5 for loss, well Barbie had 10& half for loss along with 3forced fumbles& interceptions, how many picks did LVE have?! You see wavy ur a hypocrite & ur the one with an agenda just like the Cowboys. I from the moment of the draft pick was in has stated the same rhetoric that LVE is B2 all over, I looked@ the numbers which you haven't becuz if u did then u wouldn't quote me LVE numbers like they are somehow unprecedented & rare. There not& he's not. In know football world would anyone without an agenda say to u honestly that LVE is better than Rashan Evans. You can't say he's definitely better than Barbie Carpenter. You can't go to the numbers& arrive@this conclusion so it has to be something else. & I'm fine with it wavy, whatever u like, I Love..u wanna go on a belief linebackers from Idaho that play in far less superior conferences with little to no data provided from these players because lack of time actually playing & participating so ur going on projections & u project this player to be all world. I just find those projections to be funny & agenda filled because how can one look@ those equations & come to those conclusions.
I dont recall Carpenter's height and i dont care but LVE frame is different from most. His frame was compared to Rolando's. Its not like Carpenter but he moves very well for that size. If you think its politics fine and thats telling. Im through and have all I need to know about how you work

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Sure am glad we started a whole thread just so one person could say “reach” and there is no convincing him otherwise. What’s the point in discussing if you’ve made up your mind and refuse to change it? I hated the pick too and wanted Evans but doesn’t mean I don’t hope this kid can learn to shed a block and get a little “mean” in his game. Lol

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I dont recall Carpenter's height and i dont care but LVE frame is different from most. His frame was compared to Rolando's. Its not like Carpenter but he moves very well for that size. If you think its politics fine and thats telling. Im through and have all I need to know about how you work
Carpenter height was 6feet 2 inches(1.88m) LVE is 6 feet 4 but I mean if that means anything to u , makes u feel better about ur stance. "All I need to know how u work" your line, well how do I work. I speak the truth, I'm not blind & blinded by the truth. I'm not naive. I've simply debating u on the numbers. I haven't been disrespectful to you in anyway unlike you towards me. I've simply spoke my peace & listen to yours. Last & I think it's a perfect example of how & why we are different & that's okay. You said it's telling because I believe sports & more specifically the Cowboys u Kno ( America's team) has Politics involved. I have"all I need to know" about you& how u work that you believe politics dosent play a role in sports & more specifically the Cowboys. How naive Wavy but I don't judge u as u done to me I just sit in awe of people like yourself who really believe that. Tell me this, do you still believe in Santa clause? The tooth fairy? Prolly explains how naively u believe there's no Politics in sports. Thanks for the dispute wavy, no hard feelings just competitive banter between pundits of Cowboys football. Nothing more nothing less!

CavalierOsprey

Reaction score
More info is better.

This was a rumor started by Walterfootball.

Nobody took him off their board.

5 teams flagged him.

The player said there is nothing wrong with his neck and doesn’t even know how that rumor started.

Excellent response. Who else got the recheck because more info is better?

I'll wait.

CavalierOsprey

Reaction score
everyone else thought the same thing. Relax

Enough of the Aaron R. R-E-L-A-X quote. It is now so 90s.

Everyone else did NOT think the same thing. Open mouth & insert your foot.

My question was rhetorical. But for the record, you were WRONG!!! Not the first time nor will it be your last.