Nothing “free” in free agency

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
How about since Stephen took over and Jerry took a back seat?
Ya,we do seem to have all 4 wheels up& running on down the highway instead running off the road & cleaning out the bar ditches of the back roads with Jr. as the wheelman.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ya,we do seem to have all 4 wheels up& running on down the highway instead running off the road & cleaning out the bar ditches of the back roads with Jr. as the wheelman.
The salary cap is finally under control and armchair fans want to blow it all to hell again. I mean you just can’t make this stuff up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you would pay attention instead of fester in your hate you would see that they ARE improving the team.

LOL....Ya let's see if we can reach a Championship game within 30 years.......hee hawwwwww

P.S. Just a reminder here we are the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) not the Bills....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL....Ya let's see if we can reach a Championship game within 30 years.......hee hawwwwww

P.S. Just a reminder here we are the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) not the Bills....
I know you’ll be rooting against them so you can come here and say “See I told you so”. Freaking loser.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really????? You honestly believe Jerry is taking a back seat. Wow, just wow...

I agree. I do think Stephen has a lot of pull and has Jerry ear but in the end he has it only because Jerry wants it. Jerry is still the final say in Dallas

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree. I do think Stephen has a lot of pull and has Jerry ear but in the end he has it only because Jerry wants it. Jerry is still the final say in Dallas
Of course he’s the final say, but he doesn’t go out and find players. He relies on his scouting team and coaching staff.

conner01

Reaction score
Comparing our situation to the Dolphins is apples and oranges. They are trying to start all over....getting rid of big contracts now for picks that help them rebuild. In effect they are buying draft picks. Haven't ever really seen that done before but it is an interesting concept.

I think we have done a good job of keeping the guys we want, adding some young players to compete at DT and DL that aren't going to break the bank and also who also shore up position groups so we have fewer glaring needs going into the draft. Adding a vet like Cobb at least should be a wash with the loss of Beasley and was cheaper, so hard to argue.

We need to resolve the Tank issue as soon as possible. Either sign him or try to trade him. It isn't worth having drama leading up to the season....and since he is playing games with his shoulder there is even doubt that he will be 100% for the start of the season. I think in general our front office makes reasonable offers, especially to our own guys, so I think the issue is more on Tank's side.

I really don't see the point of the Witten resigning, although with Swaim moving on I guess it is kind of a swap. I prefer moving forward with Jarwin and Schultz who both showed signs of life down the stretch. Adding another young guy to the mix in the draft would have been my plan. Maybe with these 3, and then Rico and the other project they signed we won't use a pick.

I do think we missed a chance to make a big improvement at S and on the DL. There were some difference makers available...not really sure there is at this point.
I’m hoping Witten gets very few snaps most weeks
The dolphins are smart
If you don’t have a QB, then blow it up
Load up with picks and cap space
Then get your QB in the draft and build around him while he’s under rookie deal
The skins had a chance to do the same but didn’t

ksadler1

Reaction score
If he wasn't, Dez Bryant would still be here.

I have no doubt that Jerry liked Dez, but if you think Jerry thought Dez was worth what he was being paid for his productivity, think again. If Jerry really wanted Dez here, Dez would be here. Money rules Jerry's decisions, not Stephen, Garrett or anyone else...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The salary cap is finally under control and armchair fans want to blow it all to hell again. I mean you just can’t make this stuff up.
Oh,Bro! I do a hell of a lot more reading than posting while hanging out here, along with having an above average to superior level of reading comprehension skill
( believe it or not) and can detect slight elements of arguable merits in the majority of all posts , but ya know? Somebody's gonna have to work overtime in convincing me that our beloved franchise & our Football DaD owner is not the sole reason for this salary cap being implemented in the first place, as FOOTBALL DaD was fixing to place his flagship DALLAS COWBOYS franchise as the dominant Face of the very League itself thru the headhunting of premier players at key positions, the league quickly moved to thwart that with the cap,,,er,,, and( this is where that slight elements of arguable merits can be witnessed as well) thru the selective utilization of it's onfield awarded penalty infractions from it's gameday officiating branch(zebra herd)

* what can the league do ,if say the #4,#21#19 all play for 10 years at very team friendly salary agreements then when they retire after a set period of play, their mysteriously gifted blocks or parcells of existing revenue generating real estate, or something different yet similar in value by an incorporated billionaire bizness Mogul,,, as just between you& me?,,,, Thats exactly how I'd skin that salary cap cat when encountering a specific problem area in player negotiations, used as sparingly as possible of course, if I was the good ol' boy like the FOOTBALL DaD o_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

:lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Jerry liked Dez, but if you think Jerry thought Dez was worth what he was being paid for his productivity, think again. If Jerry really wanted Dez here, Dez would be here. Money rules Jerry's decisions, not Stephen, Garrett or anyone else...
But apparently he didn’t so he isn’t here. You fail to realize that. Typical of those consumed from within by hate.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Jerry wanted Dez here but the entire Front Office voted no when the Dez said he wouldn't take a paycut. Old Jerry would have kept him anyway, semi-retired Jerry went with the FO decision.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Of course he’s the final say, but he doesn’t go out and find players. He relies on his scouting team and coaching staff.

That contradicts your claim. If Jerry makes the FINAL decisions, he's not taking a back seat...

ksadler1

Reaction score
Jerry wanted Dez here but the entire Front Office voted no when the Dez said he wouldn't take a paycut. Old Jerry would have kept him anyway, semi-retired Jerry went with the FO decision.

Let's just agree to disagree...