Nothing “free” in free agency

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Free meaning the player is free from his contract. Has nothing to do with teams trying to sign him, said player is free to decline and keep moving for greener pastures...

Angus12

Reaction score
Same goes for those that just hate him because he is a positive voice.
Not saying some criticism is warranted as it is, very much so. But the constant hating of everything is the anti-Mickey. And also needs to be disregarded.
I don't hate Mickey because he's positive. I enjoy reading positive things about my team, as long as they are based in a little reality. I hate him because he's over the top positive about EVERYTHING. No matter what. We sign a guy? He's the missing link. We don't sign a guy? He was no good anyway, and we were smart to avoid him. Besides... If he was so good, why was he available? Every. Time. You could literally change the name, position, and date on his articles and they would fit anybody and everybody.

Jerry could slap some silver paint and a logo on a dog turd, and Mickey would churn out an article telling us that is is the next big thing in fan souvenirs.

Angus12

Reaction score
I bet they loved Randy Gallowaste and the little ball of hate when she was on.
Conversely, I don't like them either. They manufactured bile to try the shock jock route. No different than somebody like Stephen A. Smith.

for the most part, I liked Cowlishaw when he wrote about the team. He had his warts, too, but I thought he stuck more to the facts over trying to inject sensationalism to drive the story. He wrote some rah rah articles, along with some poo poo articles. But I felt they were genuine opinions on the subject and not just a narrative to drive clicks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm glad the team isn't taking a "kid in the candy store" approach to free agency. You have to build a team primarily through the draft and then be very selective in free agency.

Sounds great in principle, but where are the results?

tenor.gif

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Exactly. And anybody that props up the words of a hack like Mickey Spin-nola as words of wisdom needs to have their opinions disregarded and dismissed right along with his. Nothing but useless fluff.

This.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course he’s the final say, but he doesn’t go out and find players. He relies on his scouting team and coaching staff.

Of course but then Parcells has said the same thing. Jerry listens to those he has hired to do the job. When there was a debate about taking Ware or Spears, Jerry made the final call. Parcells was pushing for Spears and Ireland was pushing for Ware in the end we got them both but Ware was the 1st pick. It was not Jerry scouting them it was Ireland and Parcells but it was Jerry final call.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
we re still losers. what else do you have?

We have not reached the SB that is true. This current team is one of the youngest in the league and I will judge them on what they do and even judge this organization on how they handle this young team. Bottom line is no one is being forced to support this team.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We have not reached the SB that is true. This current team is one of the youngest in the league and I will judge them on what they do and even judge this organization on how they handle this young team. Bottom line is no one is being forced to support this team.

has anyone hoisted the lombardi screaming "we re the youngest team" why do our fans tout that like its a path to the SB? trust me, its not.