CFZ Nothing is going to change here

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing is going to change in Dallas. The Cowboys may arbitrarily have a good season here and there, but the future (20+ years) as a whole is very bleak.

Why?

The Jones family.

This once-revered franchise has become a family business that is solely driven by revenue and ratings. Jerry has nearly every family member on the Cowboys’ payroll. They’re a bunch of entitled, silver-spoon-fed individuals who haven’t the slightest clue of how to put together quality football teams. Success is secondary to nepotism and profit and brand recognition. Jerry all but said as such just this last week.

Record number of people show up to training camp, games, and buy ungodly amounts of apparel… all to support a mediocre franchise that hasn’t done anything in a quarter century.

Jerry is going to give the Cowboys to Stephen and then Stephen is going to pass it to one of his entitled, bratty children who have even less of a clue. It’s going to be a perpetual cycle of the same garbage we’ve seen for the last 25 years.

I used to hope that the Cowboys could luck their way to a championship DESPITE the Jones family. At this point, that hope is all but lost.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think most of us have known that for a long time. We still love the team, so we compartmentalize blame to coaches and players, scheme all that to bide time and pray the team backs into something meaningful.

It really is Groundhog Day pretty much ultimately. I had just turned 21 when the Cowboys were last a truly great franchise. That was probably 2 Livers worth of drinking ago! haha

It's quite a depressing rut to be in for a team you give so much to. Not just $$ but time emotions, and hope, etc. Sometimes I envy people like my sisters or parents who have never had any interest in the game. Seems like it would be easier sometimes.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's quite a depressing rut to be in for a team you give so much to. Not just $$ but time emotions, and hope, etc. Sometimes I envy people like my sisters or parents who have never had any interest in the game. Seems like it would be easier sometimes.

I hear ya, man. Just think of all the awesome things we could go and do if we didn’t devote Sundays to this mess! lol

ShortRound

Reaction score
Nothing is going to change in Dallas. The Cowboys may arbitrarily have a good season here and there, but the future (20+ years) as a whole is very bleak.

Why?

The Jones family.

This once-revered franchise has become a family business that is solely driven by revenue and ratings. Jerry has nearly every family member on the Cowboys’ payroll. They’re a bunch of entitled, silver-spoon-fed individuals who haven’t the slightest clue of how to put together quality football teams. Success is secondary to nepotism and profit and brand recognition. Jerry all but said as such just this last week.

Record number of people show up to training camp, games, and buy ungodly amounts of apparel… all to support a mediocre franchise that hasn’t done anything in a quarter century.

Jerry is going to give the Cowboys to Stephen and then Stephen is going to pass it to one of his entitled, bratty children who have even less of a clue. It’s going to be a perpetual cycle of the same garbage we’ve seen for the last 25 years.

I used to hope that the Cowboys could luck their way to a championship DESPITE the Jones family. At this point, that hope is all but lost.

This is peak Jerry. As long as the money rolls in, there's no need to change.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I think most of us have known that for a long time. We still love the team, so we compartmentalize blame to coaches and players, scheme all that to bide time and pray the team backs into something meaningful.

It really is Groundhog Day pretty much ultimately. I had just turned 21 when the Cowboys were last a truly great franchise. That was probably 2 Livers worth of drinking ago! haha

I'm walking away from it. I think we all need to.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How would we even organize a revolt on a large enough scale to make a difference? Seems pretty much impossible

bigE79

Reaction score

Couldn't have said it any better,this **** hurts,and also the reason why a lot of us are so negative. I became a cowboy fan in the mid 70s,and in my wildest dreams could never believe we would turn out like this,a fraud.

offlimits

Reaction score

Why?

The Jones family.

I do not frequent this board often but the wife and I went to two 3 Super Bowls in the 90s. Long time STH at the old Texas Stadium. Winning is no longer necessary. That TM star is money to the Jones family and that goofy kid that is a grandson to one of the Jones's spawns will someday be the GM.

shabazz

Reaction score
How would we even organize a revolt on a large enough scale to make a difference? Seems pretty much impossible

“We gotta take these *******s. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!”

It worked in Animal House…..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Why?

The Jones family.

1637350593-jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Stephen Jones looks to be the next Mike Brown so it’s time to scout how Stephen Jr will be as a gm 30 years from now

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Why?

The Jones family.

They have been able to get away with this for 2 reasons:
They lucked into both Romo and Dak for next to nothing.
Once they don't have a decent QB and can't luck into a decent one.
They are gonna have Campo years again.
That's going to create a lot of pressure to make real changes.