CFZ Nothing really matters till January and February

Blitzen

Reaction score
Offense needs to be traditional run first, second, and possibly third down. No more than 25 pass attempts per game (Mike and Kellen need to sit Dak down and make sure he will not audible into so many pass plays). Dak needs to stay under center for basically every single snap. Spread formation should be taboo. Two tight ends the bulk of the plays. The offense runs more efficiently-and the defense seems to play better. It gives the team a more repeatable identity and reduces the number of turnover inducing plays.

Defense needs much better play recognition and defensive tackle/middle linebacker play to limit the opposing run game (the idea being mentioned about utilizing 3-4 alignment might work if Hankins can play traditional nose tackle and with much better linebacker play-that’s a big ask). Micah looks injured and needs to rest till possible playoff games.

I did not mind the team going for it on fourth down in overtime because of the length of the field goal and the way the ball was carrying to that side of the field. I did mind going for it on your own side of the 50 with the game perfectly in reach (funny enough those resulted in eventual touchdowns but were severely risky).

I don’t fret too much about the regular season because it is filled with fluff and pomp. The regular season is just a prelude to real contenders and pretenders that play in the real season that begins in January. If the Cowboys cannot make it to the NFCCG this postseason, the front office should look to unload every player over 26 that has any value and look to get out of every single contract for those players ASAP starting with the QB.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Anything can. However this team needs to address 2 issues that'll be the cause of an early playoff exit. Kellen Moore on offense and DT rotation.

Asklesko

Reaction score
We always choke in january. It is not anything to look forward to.

Jipper

Reaction score
Get to 11 wins and get in the dance....then go from there.

Regular season wins are just a path to the playoffs...let's see them get the ship righted this week and go from there

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Lol. Only January and February matter, eh? Doesn’t seem to matter to this team when they DO make the playoffs considering they will most definitely lose in the wildcard rounds IF they can even make it. I’ve seen circus clowns play better football than this current team.

Carson

Reaction score
1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. 49er
4. Bucs
5. Giants
6. Seahawks
7. Packers

dang
Packers aren’t making up that much ground. Titans, Eagles, in Chicago, dolphins, Vikings still on the schedule

Commanders are dangerous if they win tonight

Blitzen

Reaction score
Well…I hear you but you have to make the playoffs first before you can do anything. And this team’s 27 year ongoing history of playoff futility hangs over this team like a monkey on their back.

The core of this team has made the playoffs multiple times. If the team’s core cannot make it past prior season’s thresholds-the GM should move on from that core once they reach a certain age. The time for this core is now. They don’t get another 6 years to build without more substantial wins in January/February.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Packers aren’t making up that much ground. Titans, Eagles, in Chicago, dolphins, Vikings still on the schedule

Commanders are dangerous if they win tonight

Ding ding ding. The Cowboys bring out the best in AR. The Cowboys have a relatively easy schedule to get into the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We will make the playoffs.

To get INTO the SB without a division title….have to win THREE road playoff games….which would equal the franchise total since 1980.

Maybe they get hot enough to do it, and I’m always hopeful (for lack of any alternative that make any sense), but in no way do I think that’s likely in the most remote way.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The core of this team has made the playoffs multiple times. If the team’s core cannot make it past prior season’s thresholds-the GM should move on from that core once they reach a certain age. The time for this core is now. They don’t get another 6 years to build without more substantial wins in January/February.
Don’t disagree with you on this but our GM does not think that way.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I totally agree but remember this is a GM that stuck with an idiot head coach for a decade believing the guy was the next Tom Landry

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Suddenly I’m not so confident they make the playoffs

losses possible to
Minnesota
Philly
Giants
Titans
Jags
Lakers
Colts

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I totally agree but remember this is a GM that stuck with an idiot head coach for a decade believing the guy was the next Tom Landry

So true, then. becomes Giants O coordinator and gets canned

jerry still trying to make up for Jimmy debacle

cnuball21

Reaction score
10 wins I would think get us in considering how bad the NFC is.

I think we’ll make the playoffs but I don’t think we have the roster to make a run.

Basically all of the concerns we had in the offseason Jerry didn’t address…Swing OT, run defense and WR.