Number of first round grades?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This report is saying 15.......heard/read several times it's a weak draft for top elite talent but a ton of depth

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Dorsey seems to be regarded by fans/media as really knowing what he is doing in Cleveland but he was fired in KC after only 4 years as the GM.

From what I heard, he lost a power struggle with Andy Reid following them drafting Patrick Mahomes.

He didn't get fired because he sucked. He (along with Reid, who's always been a football czar) built a heck of a roster in KC.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
From what I heard, he lost a power struggle with Andy Reid following them drafting Patrick Mahomes.

He didn't get fired because he sucked. He (along with Reid, who's always been a football czar) built a heck of a roster in KC.

Hmmm.....If Reid was responsible for drafting Mahomes, I assume you're giving him credit for Hunt and Tyree Hill.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hmmm.....If Reid was responsible for drafting Mahomes, I assume you're giving him credit for Hunt and Tyree Hill.

Reid didn't necessarily pick all 7 rounds of the draft because he and Dorsey disagreed on one player.

It's worth noting that Dorsey scooped up Kareem Hunt this offseason, so if he's comfortable with adding him now, I'm guessing he was pretty on board with picking him back in 2017 as well.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Reid didn't necessarily pick all 7 rounds of the draft because he and Dorsey disagreed on one player.

It's worth noting that Dorsey scooped up Kareem Hunt this offseason, so if he's comfortable with adding him now, I'm guessing he was pretty on board with picking him back in 2017 as well.

Reid was tired of trying to manage personnel and be the HC in Philly, and so when he went to KC he was going to focus on the coaching side and give up total roster control.

My guess is that as the years have went by, Reid has worked his way back to wanting that control again.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Reid was tired of trying to manage personnel and be the HC in Philly, and so when he went to KC he was going to focus on the coaching side and give up total roster control.

My guess is that as the years have went by, Reid has worked his way back to wanting that control again.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Normally Dallas has as little as 11 and as many as 20, so 15 could very well be a good number for all teams. Fans have to remember that the Dallas boards may or may not include many of the guys the various boards list at all. They (Dallas) could leave guys complete off their board for one reason or another such as scheme fit or attitude or measurables of a position they like ie. would bet a 5-9 S or CB would not make the cut for Dallas or a 6 foot TE or OT. Just check out the guys coming in for visits and we will have an idea.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm not sure about how many 1st rounders there are, but this class is loaded with depth. A lot of guys you can get in rounds 2-5 or so that will turn into starters and contribute.

RS12

Reaction score
Simmons probably has first round grade but how far will he fall?